Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Czar checks in once again, like only Da_Czar can, with this NBA Live 10 OS exclusive video, Czarisode 1: Season 2 - "The Takeover".

FYI, we just opened our own Youtube HD channel. Check it out and subscribe, right here.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 brs2305 @ 09/09/09 10:33 PM
Ahh...Czar...I cannot wait to pull up some outrageous moves to embarrass the D. Great vid. We are sooo close....

# 102 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Watched it a few more times, and it appears uneven but controllable. As in "I won't suddenly change direction like that, so it won't be a problem for me". I don't mind "issues" I can control. It looks great when the input is subtle...looks terrible when the input is erratic. Look at 1:54 to 2:00. Thats jerky as heck. Then again, the CP3 stuff and the D Rose penetration were SICK.
Isn't that with any game though? With my experience if I moved the joystick erratically it would make the game and the animations look horrible. The game I've seen that handled it the best is APF.

# 103 HMcCoy @ 09/09/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
have they talked about defense at all? It seems theres really no D in every vid ive seen. Game looks great, but wheres the D?
The D on Devin the Dude was pretty good, no?

BTW, the Wisconsin reference while featuring Harris was a slick touch if you did that on purpose Czar, lol.

# 104 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
just so you guys know, the gameplay looks choppy b/c it was in our instant replay mode (which is choppy at times)
Inexcusable.

# 105 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Isn't that with any game though? With my experience if I moved the joystick erratically it would make the game and the animations look horrible. The game I've seen that handled it the best is APF.
Yesssir, my sediments exactly Sage. Not many games that I've seen, particularly a sports game, can handle erratic input from the joystick and look remotely smooth or realistic. 2k5 did a good job of that also. Because obviously the animations weren't programmed to be triggered at that frenetic pace.

# 106 HMcCoy @ 09/09/09 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I guess it's a matter of responsiveness, Sage. The directional animations just don't fire off in enough time to be THAT jerky in 2K. Madden has always done that well also...tugboat effect. You couldn't shimmy back and forth. It always made you slow down before you could magically head in the opposite direction immediately, weras the old 2K football titles let you jerk around like robots.

Seems like thats the price for absolute control though, which Im sure alot of peole will prefer. That knid of jerkiness tends to fade from your perception after playing the game for awhile.

# 107 TMagic @ 09/09/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
have they talked about defense at all? It seems theres really no D in every vid ive seen. Game looks great, but wheres the D?
Quote:
The D on Devin the Dude was pretty good, no?
No no no.

I think he is talking about when Arenas was being guarded by Gasol.

I mean, Arenas went RIGHT by him...THEN, now this completely baffled me, Zach Randolph on the GRIZZLIES didn't protect the paint well at all!

Or wait, maybe it was the clips that were shown with the Knicks and the Suns playing defense.

No excuses Live. No excuses.

# 108 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
I guess it's a matter of responsiveness, Sage. The directional animations just don't fire off in enough time in 2K. Madden has always done that well also...tugboat effect. Makes you slow doen before you can magically head in the opposite direction immediately.

Seems like thats the price for absolute control though, which Im sure alot of peole will prefer. That knid of jerkiness tends to fade from your perception after playing the game for awhile.
I feel u.

# 109 NINJAK2 @ 09/09/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
Well Jersey when you are doing a video highlighting dribble moves you aren't going to show guys getting ripped doing them (outside of the Shaq segment-I think Shaq was a bad example though because I always thought of him as one of the hardest people to strip in the painted area in the pros -my memory could be failing me). I would not put a lot of stock in no D being there as it's just a promo. That dribbling system looks really good though especially with the stationary aspects of dribbling in a space.

For those complaining about a lack of weight in some instances in the video I certainly see that as well. IMO to have control like that though you are going to have to trade off a little in the momentum/transitions department. I'm no dev, but I would think to do that in a game, more animations would have to be added in order to represent momentum. Animations the user would have to let play out before being able to perform their next action. People don't seem to want that which is understandable. Most people seem to want instantaneous input. Vid looks good to me despite all I've said.

# 110 HMcCoy @ 09/09/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
For those complaining about a lack of weight in some instances in the video I certainly see that as well. IMO to have control like that though you are going to have to trade off a little in the momentum/transitions department. I'm no dev, but I would think to do that in a game, more animations would have to be added in order to represent momentum. Animations the user would have to let play out before being able to perform their next action. People don't seem to want that which is understandable. Most people seem to want instantaneous input. Vid looks good to me despite all I've said.
Exactly my point. No biggie or gamekiller, just a different brand of player control. Lives rise from the ashes is going to be based on that change I think. Right on cue, 2K has taken away control while EA has added to it...and I think ALOT of people are going to jump ship based on that fact.

Very shrewd plan of attack by Beluba and co.

# 111 SageInfinite @ 09/09/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
Exactly my point. No biggie or gamekiller, just a different brand of player control. Lives rise from the ashes is going to be based on that change I think. Right on cue, 2K has taken away control while EA has added to it...and I think ALOT of people are going to jump ship based on that fact.

Very shrewd plan of attack by Beluba and co.
Can't hurt to have the best of both worlds right?

I like that each company approaches control different. It seems that 2k has tightened up what they lost last year so I think this will be a great year for us. Probably the best ever.

# 112 Beluba @ 09/09/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Well Jersey when you are doing a video highlighting dribble moves you aren't going to show guys getting ripped doing them (outside of the Shaq segment-I think Shaq was a bad example though because I always thought of him as one of the hardest people to strip in the painted area in the pros -my memory could be failing me). I would not put a lot of stock in no D being there as it's just a promo. That dribbling system looks really good though especially with the stationary aspects of dribbling in a space.

The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.

# 113 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/09/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
The technology isnt there yet to have real momentum and weight movements. I'm not an expert but if the user is jerking left and right you cant have the player not respond right? So naturally the instant turns will always be there until we hit virtual reality haha.

How about fake momentum? CH 2k8 had footplanting and exact controls. All the game needed was a little lock and drift when moving full speed and a little less of it when moving close to full speed. You could give players with less quickness and more weight more drift. 2k9 and the DC both did a good job locking you into a direction when moving fullspeed other than that the momentum failed. It was just a bunch of jerking and unrealistic/unnecessary iso moves. The DC is better but it still has some of those issues.

I can appreciate some of the difficulties in game design but this seems easier than the results would suggest.

# 114 TalenT @ 09/09/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
I actually saw alot of defense in that clip. The Devin Harris shotclock violation comes to mind first. Even the LeBron dunk was well defended IMO.

# 115 NINJAK2 @ 09/09/09 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.
Good to hear. I have no doubt about the D in Live. The only thing I didn't like about the D in Live was that electric slide defense that would happen when you had clearly beaten some one with a first step-they would slide right back in front of you and cut you off. I have not seen that yet in any of the vids thus far.

# 116 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/09 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Guys jumping on and off the bus with each video or whatever. I can't believe the improvement in this game, and for some thats still not enough to warrant a purchase. all these hoopheads in here, and really having a struggle of which game to get. Im a hoops junkie and must have both. Fortunately theres no kicks to buy this month, that'll make up the $$$ difference.

Haha me too man. Fortunately I can afford to cop both too. If I didn't I'd find some way(trade in some games etc..)

# 117 RayDog253 @ 09/09/09 11:31 PM
Wow, awesome Vid Czar. Loved that whole Devin Harris sequence after the shot clock violation. Control in Live 10 is gonna be something never achieved before in a ball game.
Can't wait for the demo to put these new controls to work.

# 118 HMcCoy @ 09/09/09 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

Thanks for chiming in, B.

# 119 23 @ 09/09/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Great work as always Czar.

Wow oh wow that video has me hyped this year for Live. Usually this time of year with football season just starting my basketball thirst isn't there yet but this year it is at a all time high.

Loving the retro jerseys as well. Now EA find a way to get retro courts. DLC, whatever. Just get it done. Please.
Steph Mike Ryan Garreth

Come on guys, oblige this man

# 120 Stumbleweed @ 09/09/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
No no no.

I think he is talking about when Arenas was being guarded by Gasol.

I mean, Arenas went RIGHT by him...THEN, now this completely baffled me, Zach Randolph on the GRIZZLIES didn't protect the paint well at all!

Or wait, maybe it was the clips that were shown with the Knicks and the Suns playing defense.

No excuses Live. No excuses.

Can't believe the only response to this was a serious one. TMagic steady holding down the colors too, love it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.