Home
News Post

GET INTO THE DRIVERS SEAT WITH NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT

Award-Winning SHIFT is Heralded by Game Critics as
One of the Best Need for Speed Games Ever

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 15, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Need for Speed™ SHIFT hits retail stores today in North America and across Europe on September 17. Receiving high marks from the top videogame media including a nine out of 10 from IGN PlayStation: The Official Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine. Need for Speed SHIFT delivers a true driver’s experience with a stunning cockpit view, deep career mode and amazing car roster.

Need for Speed SHIFT redefines the racing genre with the combination of real world physics with perception based G-forces. The game includes a brutal first person crash dynamic to create an immersive cockpit view. When combined with the all-new driver profile, which gives each player a unique persona based on their driving skill and style, Need for Speed SHIFT is the most realistic and intensive authentic racing game ever.

“Without a doubt, Need for Speed SHIFT is the first racing game that accurately delivers the physical and emotional sensation of being behind the wheel of a race car,” said Patrick Soderlund, Senior Vice President of EA Games Europe. “I’m confident this game not only reinvigorates the entire Need for Speed franchise but it actually changes the way people will view and appreciate racing games.”

Need for Speed SHIFT is available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PC, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and iPhone. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com or follow us on Twitter at NeedforSpeed.

Need for Speed Shift screenshot gallery - Click to view Need for Speed Shift screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Need for Speed ShiftReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Need for Speed Shift Videos
Member Comments
# 61 longshadow11 @ 09/23/09 09:59 PM
Fun game, glad I picked it up. Forza 2 was boring to me, and the Gran Turismo games are too much work. I like racing games with a bit of arcade to them; the sim racers are too dang hard and not much fun.

# 62 ExtremeGamer @ 09/24/09 06:19 AM
I beat it yesterday, only on driver level 20 though. Now that the Forza 3 demo is out, want to see whether I'm trading in Shift, or keeping it. Since I beat Shift so quickly, I know I can get a good amount to sell it. But, I love it, and would love some new cars/tracks in DLC. Nothing has wowed me yet about Forza 3, so giving the demo a spin later tonight will tell me more.

# 63 Daudr @ 09/24/09 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Thanks for this Inin,

You tend to like the same racing games that I do and your post here settles it for me, not buying. I am not falling for this one like I did Grid, thanks for saving me the money.
Same here. Thanks for this. I'll be waiting on Forza 3 and trying that demo tonight!

# 64 ChubbyBanana @ 09/25/09 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I beat it yesterday, only on driver level 20 though. Now that the Forza 3 demo is out, want to see whether I'm trading in Shift, or keeping it. Since I beat Shift so quickly, I know I can get a good amount to sell it. But, I love it, and would love some new cars/tracks in DLC. Nothing has wowed me yet about Forza 3, so giving the demo a spin later tonight will tell me more.
I can't stop playing this game. I just finished a 30 lap endurance race and while my fingers are a little tired (not using wheel) I had a blast.

Something about gathering stars and car battles that really do it for me. This game is just down right fun for me. So much that I really haven't even delved into ODST since buying it because I'm spending most of my gaming time trying to get to tier 4 in this game. Only 13 more stars left!

# 65 Shadymamba @ 09/25/09 11:18 AM
Yah man i havent been able to put it down either! and im not even playing with a wheel i wonder how does it feel...does anyone have a wheel and using it for this game i want to get the g25??? anyhow this game is sick! love it...not too arcadish, but damn good sim very easy to control the cars wish i could pimp it out more, but the pearl paint is hot!!! lol

# 66 Qui3tStorm @ 09/25/09 05:03 PM
What is up with the phantom settings? Or I can tune my car and then it wont go in gear???

# 67 South318 @ 09/26/09 09:56 PM
I really didn't think I would enjoy as much as I do. It's because I'm not really into racing but I find myself always playing, mostly online.

# 68 TombSong @ 09/26/09 10:02 PM
I have not been big on racing games even though I like drag racing in real life.

This year Shift has really won me over and I like it alot.

Now that I have played the Forza 3 demo, MAN !

Expert mode in Forza IMO seems better than Shift only in that Forza has a better feel to it when you are going in straight lines or slight turns that only require twitching your steering. The cars stay pointed where you want. In Shift its less forgiving. The cars are a bit more lose in the butt in Shift which while it can be fun its also frustrating at times.

I did not think I would buy Forza as I am having a great time with shift, but I think I may have to scoop up Forza when it drops.

# 69 Qui3tStorm @ 09/26/09 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm
What is up with the phantom settings? Or I can tune my car and then it wont go in gear???
Anyone???

# 70 videobastard @ 09/27/09 09:43 AM
Im thinking of picking this game up with the best buy sale at $39.99 I have shied away from getting the game from reading a lot of people saying the game was buggy, and not having good controls.

But then others would say you just have to configure the settings and tune the cars.

Does anyone have good settings that they use and can share for using with the controller.

# 71 Shadymamba @ 09/27/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui3tStorm
Anyone???
what exactly do you mean phantom settings?

# 72 Shadymamba @ 09/27/09 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Im thinking of picking this game up with the best buy sale at $39.99 I have shied away from getting the game from reading a lot of people saying the game was buggy, and not having good controls.

But then others would say you just have to configure the settings and tune the cars.

Does anyone have good settings that they use and can share for using with the controller.
what i did was look around and found on a NFS forum when you are going to tune your car put the oversteer all the way to 1 and it seemed to work pretty good..i did a custom set for my BMW which i sold so i dont have those settings but the oversteer on 1 worked real well for a porch teir 2 and a ford tier 3 car...try it see if it helps i'm still looking around for me precise settings i'll post some if i find something

# 73 lnin0 @ 09/27/09 04:40 PM
I will say that I have actually enjoyed some of the longer 10 lap endurance races.

The 2 lap setup, starting from the back and the over aggressiveness of the AI force the majority of races to be a Burnout battle royals, but with the longer races you can actually pace yourself and overtake guys cleanly.

A wheel is a must and it still requires a lot of tuning and controller tweaking but at least I am getting some of my money's worth. Wish I had gotten the $40 deal. I would have been very happy with this game for that price.

# 74 Flawless @ 09/27/09 06:51 PM
I played Shift for a little while at a buddy's house and I enjoyed it. The cockpit view is definitely amazing, and is worthy of all the praise it has got. I really like the stuff they do with camera rattle and desaturation. While exaggerated, the sense of speed is incredible and the per-pixel motion blur is about as good as PGR4's. Sound is also really damn good. The handling model would take some getting used to though. I was using a wheel (which from everything I've read says the game is better suited for) and supposedly some settings to correct oversteer, but it felt like the cars were on a rail. Cars were still overly wild, and race cars especially shouldn't slide and oversteer to the degree and frequency they do in Shift. The MC12 should be hitting apexes with precision at high rate of speed, instead it handles more like a '96 Buick Park Avenue. Still, I had fun, and will be picking it up at some point down the line.

# 75 Shadymamba @ 09/28/09 10:37 AM
I found this on the NFS forum...

Using the simple tuning options set your bar all the way to 1 for oversteer. You can do this on all the cars you own and for some reason it massively improves the twitchy feeling. No luck with all the loaner car races though since it doesn't let you tune them before the race.

# 76 ExtremeGamer @ 09/29/09 10:48 AM
NFS Shift demo will be out Thursday for 360 and PS3.

# 77 sb24 @ 09/29/09 10:57 AM
Quote:
Good then i can get a quick feel before i buy it with the best buy deal.

# 78 Shadymamba @ 09/29/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Good then i can get a quick feel before i buy it with the best buy deal.
you will enjoy it!!! or i'll do this ha ha ha ha ha ha

# 79 OnlookerDelay @ 09/30/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
I hope the demo allows you to go in and change the settings for your controller. The default settings are way too twitchy and folks will come away with the wrong impression of the game if they don't get to go in and dial the massive oversteer out.

# 80 Shadymamba @ 09/30/09 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I hope the demo allows you to go in and change the settings for your controller. The default settings are way too twitchy and folks will come away with the wrong impression of the game if they don't get to go in and dial the massive oversteer out.
yah man when i first brought my first bmw i tuned it to perfection..then bought a porche and tried to tuned that bad boy and i felt like i was driving the flintstones car, then thats when i found the oversteer tip and it worked wonders...so your right people who get the demo and drive any tier 2 car with some power and cant change the oversteer will probably bash it (the game) lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.