Home
News Post

GET INTO THE DRIVERS SEAT WITH NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT

Award-Winning SHIFT is Heralded by Game Critics as
One of the Best Need for Speed Games Ever

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 15, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Need for Speed™ SHIFT hits retail stores today in North America and across Europe on September 17. Receiving high marks from the top videogame media including a nine out of 10 from IGN PlayStation: The Official Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine. Need for Speed SHIFT delivers a true driver’s experience with a stunning cockpit view, deep career mode and amazing car roster.

Need for Speed SHIFT redefines the racing genre with the combination of real world physics with perception based G-forces. The game includes a brutal first person crash dynamic to create an immersive cockpit view. When combined with the all-new driver profile, which gives each player a unique persona based on their driving skill and style, Need for Speed SHIFT is the most realistic and intensive authentic racing game ever.

“Without a doubt, Need for Speed SHIFT is the first racing game that accurately delivers the physical and emotional sensation of being behind the wheel of a race car,” said Patrick Soderlund, Senior Vice President of EA Games Europe. “I’m confident this game not only reinvigorates the entire Need for Speed franchise but it actually changes the way people will view and appreciate racing games.”

Need for Speed SHIFT is available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PC, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and iPhone. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com or follow us on Twitter at NeedforSpeed.

Need for Speed Shift screenshot gallery - Click to view Need for Speed Shift screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Need for Speed ShiftReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Need for Speed Shift Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mike425 @ 10/17/09 07:34 PM
This game really surprised it's actually amazing

# 102 aukevin @ 10/19/09 10:00 AM
$44 at Amazon.com today.

# 103 LucianoJJ @ 10/19/09 03:24 PM
NFSS is worth paying $44.

# 104 ExtremeGamer @ 10/20/09 08:00 AM
DLC should be announced soon.

From what I've heard, there will be at least 2 DLC packs, a car pack and a track pack. The car pack is supposed to "have something missing from the NFS series for a long time". Which has to mean a Ferrari DLC pack is coming.

Tracks, who knows.

# 105 icicle22 @ 10/22/09 02:28 AM
Okay. I have a dumb question. I just fired up the game for the first time and my only real choice was to get thrown into a career. I did not see any options for just practicing or doing single events. It tested me and threw me into my first race. I finished 9th and got $24K for it. Then it said I was heading overseas for the next race....all of this is just kinda whizzing by with reckless abondon. I land in a car shop where I am told I need to buy a car. However I only have $24k and the cheapest car is more like $36k. I cannot back out of this screen and everytime I select a vehicle it wants me spend microsoft points on it....it want's me to pay? for my first car? I must be missing something. I could not buy a car, and there appeared to be no way to back out and re-run another race to get more money. I was stuck. I had to kill the game to get back to the dashboard.

Am I missing something obvious here? I like the gameplay so far but the method of getting thrust into my first race with reckless abandon has me worried. I am not looking for a pure sime but I expected a more robust menu system with options between races.

Thanks.

# 106 aukevin @ 10/22/09 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Okay. I have a dumb question. I just fired up the game for the first time and my only real choice was to get thrown into a career. I did not see any options for just practicing or doing single events. It tested me and threw me into my first race. I finished 9th and got $24K for it. Then it said I was heading overseas for the next race....all of this is just kinda whizzing by with reckless abondon. I land in a car shop where I am told I need to buy a car. However I only have $24k and the cheapest car is more like $36k. I cannot back out of this screen and everytime I select a vehicle it wants me spend microsoft points on it....it want's me to pay? for my first car? I must be missing something. I could not buy a car, and there appeared to be no way to back out and re-run another race to get more money. I was stuck. I had to kill the game to get back to the dashboard.

Am I missing something obvious here? I like the gameplay so far but the method of getting thrust into my first race with reckless abandon has me worried. I am not looking for a pure sime but I expected a more robust menu system with options between races.

Thanks.
that's just how it is. I only got $24k in my first race too, I'm not sure how much you can earn, I did pretty bad in my first one. Now that you are in your career you can do whatever you want. You can race the same race over and over and keep earning money there or you can keep moving through the race tiers earning stars to get to the NFS Invitational (or whatever it is called) as fast as possible.

There is no ranking in your career, so don't worry about losing at first.

# 107 sb24 @ 10/22/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

Thanks.
There are a few cars in the low 20K range.

# 108 jeremym480 @ 10/22/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
There are a few cars in the low 20K range.
This.. Make sure you looking at the tier 1 cars... I think you can change tiers by L1/R1 PS3 or LT/RT 360....

# 109 lnin0 @ 10/24/09 11:30 AM
There should be a few cars you can afford after the first race. Don't pay MS points for cars - they are all available / unlocked in the game and you will have ample in-game cash to buy them with. If you didn't get enough cash in your first race for a car then do a retry - I don't think retry after the race takes away cash or experience. Just keeps adding to it.

Once you get out of the first race you should find a menu screen where you can shop/customize cars and also do non-career races. You still earn money/exp for non-career races as well. There is no 'practice' mode persay but you can setup a non-career time trial put the AI on 0. This limits you to a rather short time limit (5 min?) so another solution if you want to run longer practice is to setup a race with no AI and crank the lap number up.

You do have to run through the career tiers to open the different car tiers if you want to play with something other than the t1 cars.

# 110 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/11/09 11:19 AM
I think this game is great. Loving it so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.