Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 shadio5 @ 09/23/09 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbs
Do you actually watch the NBA?

Lebron never dunks? Kobe held to 2 points? Sorry but that is not realistic basketball at all, in any sense. The simple fact that you can do it at all is unrealistic. It might seem unfair if the CPU could just pop 3-4 jumpshots in a row with Kobe while you're all over him on defense, but then again, isn't that a little bit unfair in real life when a player of average talent is forced to guard Kobe Bryant? Plus, it's not uncommon for Kobe to get hot shooting while you're controlling him and it's perfectly reasonable to take and make several difficult, well defended shots in succession, despite what the defense does, and yet it's unfair that the defense can do it you too? They're superstars, they're SUPPOSED to be able to have the advantage, they're SUPPOSED to be constantly putting pressure on your defense, they're SUPPOSED to be able to score even when you play perfect defense, that's what makes them... them. The point of having to play against a superstar is that he can dominate and superstars did not dominate in 2k9. Do you think that whoever is guarding Kobe on any given night doesn't dread Kobe geting the ball and isolating or posting up? In 2k9 Kobe never did that because he was never aggressive and never put any REAL pressure on your defense.

Yeah players can be "locked down" in real life and guys like Kobe might go for 20 pts on <40% shooting, but 2 pts? Are you kidding me? Even on an "off night" or when he decides to defer to teammates, he's still attacking, he's still aggressive, and the defense still has to respect his presence, you do not just hold someone like Kobe to 2 pts.

No team in NBA 2k9 played anything like their real life counterparts, they run offenses that are more liken to a HS offense than an NBA offense.

WHAT,,,u see im not a hightlight espn basketball fan watcher...i watch real games. i see kobe score 15 some nights. comon man, in 2k its not like kobe dosent GO FOR 20 a game, im talking about holding him down eery now an them, which is possible in nba 2k9..i didnt say KOBE DIDNT ATTEMPT 20 a game, im saying i was able hold him down to 2 point SOMTIMES......SOMTIMES, not all the TIME...

so what now

LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGHf0whVo_w

VC/2k sports fan

# 242 PuntNL @ 09/23/09 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
People think they are so-called experts on a 3 min video. Are you kidding me . Especially people who talking about animation are the same as 2k9. Can you really tell by watching a 3 min video i mean come on. The only thing i can really tell about this video is the commentary and how much its improved alot. I need more than 3 mins to really evaluate 2k10 gameplay. Its funny how people can evaluate the game in 3 mins and say what wrong about the game. CHILD PLEASE!!! I need to play the demo or full version before i can really tell whats going on. Im not going by a 3 min video, and we have no freaking idea whats the diff level they're playing on.
Agree with you for the most, but some things are just there in this random 3 minute gameplay video taken by IGN which are just awkward. Have to agree with the findings from my man in the post quoted below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
Just gave this a 2nd viewing, this time removing my love for the Shaq putback from the equation. I hope this is because of the low difficulty but there are some glaring issues(some already covered)

-Kobe's overhead pass attempt to Artest that clanks off the bottom of the rim is just terrible.That may happen once every 1000 games in the NBA and you let that show in your first gameplay video? C'mon 2k

-I like that Kobe can back down Delonte like he really can...but for that long without a big coming to kill him?

-Too many points in the paint and the same animations(jump hook,left handed ,etc)

-Hard pressed to find anyone ok with that pass out of the jumper animation

Hard to evaluate because we know it's low difficulty and features poor user play
Except for the Kobe backin down, because that could be the lower difficulty, I have to agree with your post. Awkward passing animations, you even forgot the fisher over the head pass..

# 243 Playmakers @ 09/23/09 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
The problem have always been that Live fans donīt seem to know basketball, donīt know this year, but other years for sure. So thatīs why I take live-fans opinions with a grain of salt.
It's guys like you that make me LMAO sometimes.....

Some of you cats swear up and down all NBA Live fans no nothing about the game. Well get a clue......some of NBA Live fans actually do know a little about the game of basketball.

In fact there are some like myself who have played the game outside of the video game world in the real world such as college or highschool.

Maybe you should quit assuming because there are quiet a few NBA Live fans that have a high basketball IQ and probably know just as much about the game as you if not more.

I just find it so funny that every year we see a post just like this one trying to convince themselves that if you play one game it means your a smart basketball person and if you play another game it means you don't know jack about basketball.

# 244 shadio5 @ 09/23/09 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's guys like you that make me LMAO sometimes.....

Some of you cats swear up and down all NBA Live fans no nothing about the game. Well get a clue......some of NBA Live fans actually do know a little about the game of basketball.

In fact there are some like myself who have played the game outside of the video game world in the real world such as college or highschool.

Maybe you should quit assuming because there are quiet a few NBA Live fans that have a high basketball IQ and probably know just as much about the game as you if not more.

I just find it so funny that every year we see a post just like this one trying to convince themselves that if you play one game it means your a smart basketball person and if you play another game it means you don't know jack about basketball.

only thing you live fans want is a change in ONLINE gameplay, which is something that cant be helped. You think you want a new experince in online gameplay, which sends you on a forever loop because mot many users play live onlne, so you feel its more user friendly because of the less useres, less lag...hhahaha

your a lost cause......online will forever be glitched. if you live by online gaming, your already lost

VC/2k sports fan

# 245 JulesMendoza @ 09/23/09 06:24 AM
That Lakers Organ sound at the End of LA vs Cavs video was so fake!! i dont like it at all. A turn off for me!

# 246 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/23/09 07:38 AM
This thread is an exact reason why I don't post in this forum as much.

# 247 Abnormal101 @ 09/23/09 08:28 AM
I think what really annoys me about impression threads like this is that you have people judging the game from a gameplay video. I mean if i looked at just the trailers and small snipits from Live, i would honestly think its a good game but after i played the demo, it annoys me that the players still have that robotic feel to them. The gameplay vids from IGN were decent but i really can't draw a conclusion especially since i didn't see the HD feed and also its hard to judge off of videos.

But the most annoying thing about threads like this, is that you have people on these boards who already know they're going to buy live, put in their two cents. Its really obvious who those people are in my opinion. I only really check these forums to see if new screenshots or videos are posted because reading the comments made in impression threads are pointless because you either have the individual who overhypes a product or another individual who draws the conclusion that something sucks or is nba 2k9.5 from just a gameplay vid.

Perfect example is if you take a look at the NBA live demo impressions thread, I went in there before playing the demo and read comments like "Live is back", "This is Amazing", "wow", etc. So i thought it was an unbelievable game and i might have to buy two bball games this years. And it wasn't just one poster saying this but multipl posters, than i played the demo and i can't understand why people overhyped this title. I forgot which Mod on that board did this but he kept it real and posted his impressions which were dead on and not watered down. I think I'll hold my judgement until official reviews come out and i actually play the game instead of readings comments on here or checking biased websites like Pastapadre's who has a site in which EA can do no wrong.

# 248 RubenDouglas @ 09/23/09 08:32 AM
live this. live that. we might as well lock this up until new info surfaces

# 249 Zeppelin8 @ 09/23/09 08:34 AM
I simply hate labeling people as FANS.

Why would I be a fan? I just want to play the most realistic basketball game out there. It's just a preference, some might like 2k, some might like live more. For instance, I thought NBA Live 09 was the better bball game last year. This is because bball is a team game. If it plays right, even herky jerky animations are a non issue for me. 2K had a nice package, better individual looks and animations, but the game itself didn't play right.

This video showed that CPU still does not have a perimeter game. They pound the ball in, I bet there will be issues with backdoor cuts, if not 2K will find a way to cheat when you raise the difficulty level.

Even if the game is on rookie, this doesn't change the fact that CPU plays unrealistic. You can pass through defenders. It's not satisfying at all.

In last years 2k9, you could score inside the paint at will. Difficulty didn't matter. Now I see that the game plays pretty much the same. I'll say its NBA 2K9.1 so far. That 0.1 is for the new commentary lines and shaq's put back slam.

# 250 Jackdog @ 09/23/09 08:48 AM
Read the title people. Doesn't say 2K10 vs Live. Closed.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.