Home
Forza Motorsport 3 News Post

The Forza Motorsport 3 demo is available on the Marketplace. Please post your impressions here.

Forza Motorsport 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Forza Motorsport 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Forza Motorsport 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 8 - View All
Forza Motorsport 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 09/24/09 06:17 AM

# 2 OnlookerDelay @ 09/24/09 07:05 AM
My download was in the queue for nearly 35 minutes before the download started. I'm at 50% now after 20 minutes. Worked night shift but I think I'll stay up until this one finishes downloading... very curious to see how Forza 3 feels with a full cockpit view!

# 3 OnlookerDelay @ 09/24/09 08:07 AM
Just finished playing the demo using all 5 cars... I don't know anything else to say but STUNNING! I guess Forza 3 is so precious to me because it makes up for two cockpit viewless Forzas that left me wanting. Dang if it doesn't feel great though... smooth as silk and the collision physics are so sweet in their uniquely subtle way. The AI does fight back in this demo, but not in the overbearing GRID sense of the word

I think it looks fantastic overall - much better in motion than in still pix. The cockpit views aren't as detailed as PGR4's or NFS Shift's, but they more than get the job done, IMO. The mirrors aren't just for looks, they're very useful.

I feel like I finally have a Forza I can hang my hat on! The cockpit view seals the deal for me!!

# 4 fishepa @ 09/24/09 09:27 AM
I don't like using cockpit view because I can't see the beautiful cars!

# 5 berad88 @ 09/24/09 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I don't like using cockpit view because I can't see the beautiful cars!
thats why you get those beautiful replays to watch.

# 6 RayDog253 @ 09/24/09 10:24 AM
I'm going to have to try this, loved the 2nd one.

# 7 bkfount @ 09/24/09 10:29 AM
damn, only for Gold members. I need to go get another Live card.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 09/24/09 11:06 AM
Looking forward to this one. I think I spent more time in the paint area than I did in the actual game.

# 9 DaveDQ @ 09/24/09 12:14 PM
First thing I noticed is the sense of speed. Very nice, even in the Mini.

# 10 berad88 @ 09/24/09 01:12 PM
I been playing the demo in cockpit view with a wheel and using manual transmission and here are my thoughts.

The sense of speed is much better than forza 2 and the cars feel like they are on the track and do not have that floaty feeling that I felt the cars had in forza 2.

Game feels great with the MS Wheel

I wish Forza would add more racing elements that are true to real racing (amount of cars, flags rules, etc.) but even without that stuff I am getting this game just because the cars are so fun to drive especially from the cockpit view

# 11 Flawless @ 09/24/09 04:06 PM
Yeah, sense of speed is better and I agree the cars feel more attached to the tarmac. Cars also seem to be slightly heavier. Something I noticed with understeer situations is it's not easy to get through in Forza 3. In Forza 2 it was pretty easy to brake a bit, then accelerate to get through, not the case here, as I found out with the Mini and ended up hitting the guard rail. AI seems to be even more in-tune of where your are on track this time around. I like the clean UI. Graphics are nice step up with the environmental detail stealing the show. Reflections update at 60fps now. Replays are a lot better, but still not up to Gran Turismo's. I wish the demo had more content, but it was already a day 1 purchase.

# 12 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/24/09 04:17 PM
I bought the first Forza but got bored with it. I spent more time customizing my car than racing. I've had Forza 2 sitting at home for a while but I barely played it. The Forza 3 demo looks good and everything, but something about the game just doesn't pull me in. I'm more of a Burnout/NFS Shift type of dude. Sim racers don't seem as fun to me. I may end up buying it though, I'll have to play the demo some more.

# 13 Flawless @ 09/24/09 04:38 PM
There's more feedback with the MS wheel and the brakes aren't as sensitive without ABS.

# 14 ExtremeGamer @ 09/24/09 06:53 PM
Maybe it's just too much NFS Shift, or the fact that I'm like Pappy and growing tired of true sims, but the game bored me. Compared to Shift, the sense of speed and cockpit views aren't even close.

It's probably just me, but F3 is a pass for me now

# 15 TCrouch @ 09/24/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Maybe it's just too much NFS Shift, or the fact that I'm like Pappy and growing tired of true sims, but the game bored me. Compared to Shift, the sense of speed and cockpit views aren't even close.

You suck.

That is all.

# 16 berad88 @ 09/24/09 07:16 PM
Another improvement in forza 3 is the replay cameras. The replay cameras are much better and let you see what is going on instead of having you stare at your right front tire.

# 17 kwanchangkang @ 09/24/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
You suck.

That is all.
Ba-Da Bing! lol Harsh bro...but to the point. Maybe F3 is too hardcore for some. We can always blame it on EA for the ad campaign for NFS Shift. Now people expect all racing games to be like that tripe.

# 18 Flawless @ 09/24/09 07:36 PM
Saw this on the Forza forums:

Quote:
go to the leaderboards and select one of the top players. you can race their ghost. infinite laps it seems with no traffic. glorious!

# 19 FlyBri @ 09/24/09 08:33 PM
After playing the demo for a little while, I can definitely say that it's a step up from Forza 2. Graphics are crisp, runs at 60fps, and overall it's enjoyable to play. However, I wasn't "floored" by it like I was hoping. And while the graphics are great and highly detailed, it just doesn't have that photo-realistic feel to it like Gran Turismo (or some other games) look like they have. This has always bothered me about the Forza series. The cars are rendered extremely well, but that's what it looks like, a rendering. Maybe it's the way the graphics engine does lighting, coloring, etc. (I have no idea) And also, while the game runs smooth as silk, it just looks artificial in motion. Hard to describe, but it's like when you can tell the difference between a movie running at 24 fps and then when you put it through those new 120Hz motion engines that make movies look like they were shot with a home video camera. So while the game is highly detailed, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it wouldn't fool me, even for a split second if I was just glancing at the TV while walking by, into thinking that it was real.

The other thing that surprised me, is that when I turned off all the assists to test the realism, why is it way easier to control the cars in Forza 3 than in NFS Shift, which is more of an "arcade" style game? (not to mention the fact that I have assists turned on (low) in NFS Shift as well). Maybe Forza 3 IS more realistic with the physics, but it doesn't really seem like it to me (this may be due to the fact that much of the NFS Shift development team at Slightly Mad Studios used to work for SimBin, who make uber-realistic driving sims for the PC). In NFS Shift the cars feel like they have more weight to them, and you really have to time the turns right at the right speed, as there is no forgiveness if you don't, just like it would be in real life.

So overall, I'll probably get Forza 3 just because I'm a huge car fanatic (and it's still a good game), but the things I mentioned definitely bug the hell out of me. GT5 may be the (only) reason I finally pick up a PS3...

# 20 lnin0 @ 09/24/09 09:10 PM
1-2-3-GO! They have added a few new wrinkles and smoothed down some corners but overall the game lives and dies by the same praise and shortcomings as past itterations. Forza 3 is an incremental update not an evolutionary change. While it will always hold the physics crown among console races many of its other features are starting to feel dated.

Note to the guy above - driving a car ISN'T that hard. Look at how many idiots have licenses now days. Yeah, driving one at the edge is hard but in Shift driving a Cobalt at 30 mph in a straight line is crazy difficult. So don't think difficulty equates to reality. In reality not many people would have issues making a safe lap on one of these tracks. There is no such thing as a safe lap in Shift because the cars are unstable at any speed.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.