Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

NCAA Basketball 10 is now available, post your impressions here.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Millennium @ 11/17/09 09:03 PM
There are a couple of guys I have confirmed have it.

Please:

SAVE YOUR QUESTIONS UNTIL THEY START POSTING.

# 2 countryboy @ 11/17/09 09:40 PM
Guys I have a copy of the game. I do ask that you don't ask ratings questions, as I won't be able to stay up and post very late tonight.

With that said....fire away.

To get probably one the big questions out of the way...my copy of the game came from Gamestop.

errr...waiting for the game to install to Game Data Utility, be up and running in a few. I had to wait for the PS3 to install its latest update before doing this.

# 3 gatorman1050 @ 11/17/09 09:42 PM
I have been wondering how the player models are and if there are alot of variations... at least in the player editing mode. One thing that has always been a killer for me is players looking too much alike.

# 4 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/17/09 09:47 PM
Great stuff CB, how's te gameplay compared to the demo? Any differences at all? Thanks for answering questions also. Good luck with that by the way.

# 5 green94 @ 11/17/09 09:48 PM
CB - without getting into dynasty questions....

How's the crowd? I know there were issues with the demo build (looping sound). Do they cheer at the right moments? Is dynamic attendance still in the game?

Are you enjoying it?!!?

# 6 countryboy @ 11/17/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
I have been wondering how the player models are and if there are alot of variations... at least in the player editing mode. One thing that has always been a killer for me is players looking too much alike.
its pretty much the same as last year. There may be a few more head model types, but its not as deep as most will be expecting. Still very basic imo

# 7 orthostud23 @ 11/17/09 09:56 PM
Is the 2-3 zone play any different on the retail version?

Congrats on scoring it!!

# 8 Behindshadows @ 11/17/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
its pretty much the same as last year. There may be a few more head model types, but its not as deep as most will be expecting. Still very basic imo
So there is no option to edit faces with sliders, or using the camera with gameface technology like Fight Night?

# 9 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
So there is no option to edit faces with sliders, or using the camera with gameface technology like Fight Night?
nope. Its as basic as last year. Players look horrendous and in a majority of the cases, not even remotely close to their counterpart. It may be that way due to not wanting to get into trouble for player likeness or whatever, but I'll be editing UofL's players to get them to look a bit more like their real life counterpart.

# 10 ehh @ 11/17/09 10:03 PM
Big question CB, can you go into the rosters and check if there is a "3PT Likelihood" and "Mid-range Likelihood" attribute for each player?

These are both in Live and if they're in NCAA 10 it should go a long ways towards helping add some individual differences to players (by effecting how often they shoot of course).

# 11 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:03 PM
player models need work. And UofL's starting 5 is out of whack. Not saying its terrible, but its:

Samuels, Jennings, Buckles, Smith, and Sosa

# 12 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:06 PM
not sure about 360 version, but the colors on the PS3 version are almost too bright. There is the good ol' brightness slider again, but man, the game almost looks like a cartoon on default.

# 13 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Big question CB, can you go into the rosters and check if there is a "3PT Likelihood" and "Mid-range Likelihood" attribute for each player?

These are both in Live and if they're in NCAA 10 it should go a long ways towards helping add some individual differences to players (by effecting how often they shoot of course).
not there Ehh. Same attributes as last year. Was hoping this carried over, but it didn't.

# 14 Behindshadows @ 11/17/09 10:08 PM
Quote:
player models need work. And UofL's starting 5 is out of whack. Not saying its terrible, but its:

Samuels, Jennings, Buckles, Smith, and Sosa
Same options as last year, that was the largest complaint. Why would that be overlooked...So they spent 12 months focused on game play tweaks and RPI?

Customizations was discussed over and over. Thanks CB for sharing man!

# 15 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
Whats your impressions so far? Have you got into dynasty mode to give us a feel for what is improved? Thanks
haven't gotten into dynasty mode yet.

My impressions after a 10 minute half is that if you liked the demo or last year's game, you'll definitely enjoy this years game. Its fun.

# 16 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Same options as last year, that was the largest complaint. Why would that be overlooked...So they spent 12 months focused on game play tweaks and RPI?

Customizations was discussed over and over. Thanks CB for sharing man!
n/p. I'm not a huge customization person, so there may be new things in there different from last year, but its nothing major. Very disappointed in this aspect of the game.

# 17 ehh @ 11/17/09 10:11 PM
Quote:
not there Ehh. Same attributes as last year. Was hoping this carried over, but it didn't.
Ugh, awful. Thanks for answering though.

# 18 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/17/09 10:12 PM
Does it play like demo? Any differences at all?

# 19 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
CB - without getting into dynasty questions....

How's the crowd? I know there were issues with the demo build (looping sound). Do they cheer at the right moments? Is dynamic attendance still in the game?

Are you enjoying it?!!?
Not sure about dynamic attendance as I haven't fooled around with dynasty mode. I've only played a half of the retail version, but the crowd sounds the same as the demo.

Yes, I'm enjoying it very much.

# 20 countryboy @ 11/17/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Does it play like demo? Any differences at all?
haven't noticed any differences to be honest. Could be that I've haven't played enough to notice.

« Previous1234567896970Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.