Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has posted another NBA 2K10 patch announcement.

Quote:
Hey guys,
I want to announce that there is going to be another patch for NBA 2K10 on XBOX 360 and PS3 (The future PC patch will be a combination of the two). It will address several areas users have raised concerns about, including some of the online modes and My Player. There are no further details as to the specifics of the patch at this time but development on the patch is underway. With the built in times for development and approvals, we are not expecting this next game update until January. Further details will be announced as they become available. Thank you.

Ronnie"

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rocboyz101 @ 11/26/09 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
Yes, this is being addressed in the next patch, along with other bigger issues people have voiced in these forums... such as too many alley oops by the CPU
Thank god.

# 42 Greene_Flash03 @ 11/26/09 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Thank god.
I just hope they stick to what they say this time... Alley oops and assists were supposed to be fix on the first patch...

# 43 Rocboyz101 @ 11/26/09 03:02 AM
alley oops actually got worse after the first patch..cpu htrows em even with the slider at zero.

# 44 fearwhatnow @ 11/26/09 03:40 AM
I own 2k10 on pc, i'm satisfied with the game after tweaking the sliders, i can even ignore some of the gameplay bugs, i absolutely support 2k these 2 years the game comes for pc by purchasing 3 copies every year BUT it's unacceptable leaving pc users/customers without a patch for 3+ months.I don't care about online but there is where the biggest problem comes: Online is totally broken for pc.I'm afraid there will be some lawsuits in December by pc customers.
I expect and hope 2k will consider the situation better and try their best to release a pc patch in early December because i see the rage coming.
Something else: After my post i really don't want to see any ridiculous argument like "You get what you've paid for".

# 45 Azamien @ 11/26/09 07:08 AM
Hmm. I have the PC version, and I was really hoping we'd get Patch 1 by Christmas since that's the time that I'll be spending two weeks at my in-laws' place with nothing much to do other than play PC games (not only do they not have an HDTV to make it worth taking our PS3, but they don't even have cable... and none of the three or four channels they get are English).

Oddly enough, I'm not mad, though. At least we're getting both patches, even if they are in merged form, while other sports game makers are ignoring or gimping the PC market entirely.

Hell, it could be a lot worse. Just ask people who bought NHL 2K10 for the PS3.

As for this game, the people who bought the game for the PS3 and 360 paid three times more than I did, so it's all good. I'm just happy we'll get the patches at all. I just hope it's before March, which is when my interest in basketball peaks.

This will still be the last 2K product I'll ever buy, though. Not the NBA team's fault, but I can't support a company that would decide to leave an entire console's worth of players swinging in the wind just because they own one console instead of the other.

# 46 edubbs @ 11/26/09 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I hope they fix the crowd back. Sometimes they totally miss cheering and being active in key moments. It was fine pre-patch.
I agree 100%.

It's great that they added dynamic attendance but, the crowd audio is soo off at times and it takes away from the atmosphere in the arenas.

It seems as though the crowd audio just shuts down in the middle of applause or doesn't last long enough during scoring runs.

Hopefully, Jsapida and Simballer will see this.....please improve the crowd AI and sound quality for the next patch, to get their reactions to match what is going on in the game better.

# 47 spankdatazz22 @ 11/26/09 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show
I basically see it like this guy sees it.

What's to commend 2K Sports for ? They're leaving all their PC customers blowin' in the wind for 2 months or so. The PS3 and 360 customers have to deal with the online and my player modes being riddled with programming errors and some of those errors render major problems.

You guys that say the game is perfect are just not right.
I'd commend them for even attempting a PC sports title when pretty much every other developer has bailed on doing so, for one. Posts like this always make me think of homeless people/beggars that are getting passed on the street by everyone else, then are indignant at the person that stops to give them a dollar. I can't speak to the quality of the PC title, but from what I've read it doesn't warrant showing contempt for the effort.

# 48 fearwhatnow @ 11/26/09 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd commend them for even attempting a PC sports title when pretty much every other developer has bailed on doing so, for one. Posts like this always make me think of homeless people/beggars that are getting passed on the street by everyone else, then are indignant at the person that stops to give them a dollar. I can't speak to the quality of the PC title, but from what I've read it doesn't warrant showing contempt for the effort.
Pc version is top quality in all aspects.It's 3 times better in the graphics area and there is not a single framerate issue there.Why companies prefer to create sports titles only for the weak, in terms of gpu power and cpu capabilities, consoles is beyond me.I guess their target is the teenagers or 20's something costumers.

# 49 franzis @ 11/26/09 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSapida
Yes, this is being addressed in the next patch, along with other bigger issues people have voiced in these forums... such as too many alley oops by the CPU
Hi there!
Please consider for the patch the following bugs if you hadn't yet:
- Broken upload for pressbooks
- Broken save for reels if you paste more than one replay (when you load it, only the first replay is still there)
Thanks!

# 50 jfsolo @ 11/26/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i hope they dont listen to those whiners about theres way too much contact in the paint now....sigh...
I'm hoping for even more contact in the paint, especially when players don't have the ball.

# 51 Goffs @ 11/26/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm hoping for even more contact in the paint, especially when players don't have the ball.
im with you on that!!

as for the PC since i have that and the 360 version...all i can say is that they should fix the configuration layout for the buttons if we're going to wait till Jan...i mean i dont think it would be that hard to patch...

# 52 BlackRome @ 11/26/09 12:08 PM
It's a great game as long as you don't play online.

Then all the flaws become readily apparent.

Sort of like Fight Night.4. It's a great game if your playing the computer or a friend but then when you go online it's a cheesing mess.

Hopefully the latest patch will fix these problems with both games.

# 53 ocat @ 11/26/09 01:38 PM
Player names displayed in coach mode would be nice

# 54 JWiLL02 @ 11/26/09 03:36 PM
If we have to wait until January to use updated rosters online...

Seriously though, what the hell is holding this back? Jax is still on the Warriors!

Ranked matches run smoothly for me, all I need is rosters!

# 55 jmood88 @ 11/26/09 03:49 PM
I hope they fix the burst of speed that the computer gets when human players are on a fast break.

# 56 allan002001 @ 11/26/09 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I hope they fix the burst of speed that the computer gets when human players are on a fast break.
Yes, and this too.

# 57 Po Pimp @ 11/26/09 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Perimeter defense as a whole is too tight on this game. It's a problem when D-Wade can't get past Mehmet Okur with ease. Also, the close out speed is just too quick. If a Mehmet Okur happens to switch and he's guarding Wade, the CPU should automatically make him sag off because he has no chance of guarding him close. However, on this particular game, Okur is able to stick with Wade a little bit. But even if he was sagging off, Wade should have an open jumper, but the close out speed is so ridiculous, that Okur would probably block the shot.

# 58 kaydigi @ 11/26/09 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Perimeter defense as a whole is too tight on this game. It's a problem when D-Wade can't get past Mehmet Okur with ease. Also, the close out speed is just too quick. If a Mehmet Okur happens to switch and he's guarding Wade, the CPU should automatically make him sag off because he has no chance of guarding him close. However, on this particular game, Okur is able to stick with Wade a little bit. But even if he was sagging off, Wade should have an open jumper, but the close out speed is so ridiculous, that Okur would probably block the shot.
The 2K series has had this problem for a while now right? Monta Ellis is suppose to drive past these guys if there is a mismatch on the perimeter.

# 59 jfsolo @ 11/26/09 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi
The 2K series has had this problem for a while now right? Monta Ellis is suppose to drive past these guys if there is a mismatch on the perimeter.
As we go forward in this generation of games, and into the next gen in a few years, if development teams are still going to rely primarily on mo-cap, then they have to find a way to stop animations from superseding ratings and or skills.

The experience of seeing Marc Gasol, Dirk, Kwame, et al. play up on Jonny Flynn on the perimeter and guard him like they were a synthesis of Rondo and CP3, is quite annoying.

# 60 VDusen04 @ 11/26/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I hope they fix the crowd back. Sometimes they totally miss cheering and being active in key moments. It was fine pre-patch.
I quoted this for emphasis. However, I have experienced problems with crowd noise since the day I bought 2k10 (on its release day). I have not seen a difference between pre-patch crowd and post-patch, it's been quiet at odd times all year. A fix in this regard may very well be at the top of my patch wishlist.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.