Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

UFC Undisputed 2010 Scheduled to Make Worldwide Debut at 2009 Spike TV "Video Game Awards"

First Gameplay Footage from Second Title in Emerging Videogame Franchise To Be Aired During Live Television Broadcast

Franchise’s Celebrated Inaugural Videogame, UFC 2009 Undisputed,
Nominated for “Best Individual Sports Game”

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. December 7, 2009 THQ Inc. today announced that UFC® Undisputed™ 2010, the company’s much anticipated second videogame based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, will make its worldwide debut at the upcoming 2009 Spike TV “Video Game Awards.” Set to air live from Los Angeles on Saturday, December 12 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, the awards show will feature the first-ever gameplay footage from UFC Undisputed 2010, interspersed with commentary from top UFC fighters. In addition, the footage will be introduced through a special UFC guest appearance.

Accompanying the worldwide debut of UFC Undisputed 2010, the franchise’s best-selling and critically acclaimed inaugural release, UFC 2009 Undisputed, is nominated for “Best Individual Sports Game” at the 2009 Spike TV “Video Game Awards.” Fans can vote for UFC 2009 Undisputed to win this prestigious videogame industry honor by visiting http://vga.spike.com.

In addition to the live broadcast, the 2009 Spike TV “Video Game Awards” will be shown in over 180 territories and countries. Non-U.S. residents should check their local listings for the date and time of the show.

More information about the UFC Undisputed videogame franchise can be found at http://www.ufcundisputed.com and http://www.thq.com.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Perfect Zero @ 12/07/09 04:15 PM
Hopefully this game will involve more of the strategy that we see in the RL UFC. Play against the cage, scouting out an opponent, etc...

# 2 Phobia @ 12/07/09 04:17 PM
I am torn, I am looking forward to this and EA's MMA game. I just hope they fix the robotic movement, add the cage as a tool to be used and a better submission system.

# 3 Vast @ 12/07/09 04:18 PM
Im super hyped for this game.

# 4 Vast @ 12/07/09 04:20 PM
what kind of strategy does the cage even play? You mean like that Couture hug a dude against the cage for a whole round? If so i say nay.

# 5 LingeringRegime @ 12/07/09 04:24 PM
Hell yeah!

# 6 Phobia @ 12/07/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
what kind of strategy does the cage even play? You mean like that Couture hug a dude against the cage for a whole round? If so i say nay.
Well it plays a big role in ground control or escaping from being on the bottom.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 12/07/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am torn, I am looking forward to this and EA's MMA game. I just hope they fix the robotic movement, add the cage as a tool to be used and a better submission system.
I actually liked the submission system.

# 8 Phobia @ 12/07/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Black Aaron
I actually liked the submission system.
Really? I think it was a good first time thing. But I think it just lacks depth of what it requires to get a sub locked in. It was so easy to just click the stick and bam you are fighting to make them tap. But putting a sub in is not that easy.

I agree with you that the system works and is balanced. I just would like to see something with little more depth.

# 9 RaychelSnr @ 12/07/09 04:49 PM
Very pumped to hear about this! Hopefully 2010 is just what the doctor ordered!

# 10 aholbert32 @ 12/07/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
What - clicking the stick and often having to not work for it? It's kind of poor.

You still had to work for it. There were three stages of submission. You click the stick to get to the first stage, move the stick for the second and third stages. In the end, its a video game. I dont think most people want an overly complicated submission system.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 12/07/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Sometimes you work for it, other times you don't.

You can be completely dominating someone and then get subbed because you happen be not be at full stamina and they do something like reverse a slam. Some of the subs are almost automatic.

It's pretty poor.

Also the fact you just click the stick and put someone into a sub animation is kind of poor. They really need to rework it.
What subs are automatic? Also each sub is position based. Its not like I'm in someone's guard, click a button and I'm have them in a rear naked choke. Triangles happen when someone is in your guard. RNC's happen when you have their back. you have to position yourself.

Also, its damn near impossible to get submitted at full stamina or even a little below. I've never seen anyone or been submitted with anything more than half stamina. I'm not saying the system is perfect. I wouldnt describe it as poor though.

# 12 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/07/09 06:06 PM
The submission system was kind of wacky and you all know some of the issues I had with the standup game. I like UFC 09 a lot though despite those things. They need to step it up with their second game. I get the strong feeling that I'm gonna end up enjoying MMA more for some reason. We shall see though. Hopefully we get two amazing games.

# 13 Iadf @ 12/07/09 06:06 PM
I just hope they add a whole lot of animations and change the submission controls.They should be sued for all the palms they've ruined.

# 14 godylla @ 12/07/09 06:23 PM
I'm hoping to see some changes in the ground game so you can't just hold back to stop transitions from happening. Another thing that bothered me, which it's not really that big of deal, but the fact that the Muay Thai clinch gassed your stamina, even if you were landing good shots. I understand if it takes more energy to use the Muay Thai clinch, but don't make it gas my guy so that if I get taken down shortly after, a submission is slapped on me and that's the end.

# 15 BlueNGold @ 12/07/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I'm hoping to see some changes in the ground game so you can't just hold back to stop transitions from happening.
This was the thing that pissed me off about the ground game. Getting rid of that and a couple other tweaks to the ground game and it'll be good.

Really the only other things I need to see for 2010 is a better, more realistic looking stand up game. No more 1 guy gets to punch you constantly and your just stuck there. The other thing I want is a much better Career mode. More depth, cutting weight, maybe TUF?

# 16 judgejudy @ 12/07/09 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Black Aaron
What subs are automatic? Also each sub is position based. Its not like I'm in someone's guard, click a button and I'm have them in a rear naked choke. Triangles happen when someone is in your guard. RNC's happen when you have their back. you have to position yourself.

Also, its damn near impossible to get submitted at full stamina or even a little below. I've never seen anyone or been submitted with anything more than half stamina. I'm not saying the system is perfect. I wouldnt describe it as poor though.
a guillotine from a blocked throw/slam was automatic on me regardless of my stamina/sub defense or my opponents stamina/sub offense.

# 17 godylla @ 12/07/09 07:51 PM
I would also like to see entrances with custom music and lighting and pyro options. This is not a necessity, but it would be a neat future. Along with that, a customizable banner behind you for introductions.

# 18 Darxide @ 12/08/09 02:33 PM
The new UFC game needs an advanced physics system with grazing and tracking punches, a better defensive system, and southpaw stances. Oh, and a career mode worth playing more than once. They deliver that, and I'll buy.

# 19 superstarshad @ 12/08/09 08:42 PM
Only one way for this to go........AND THATS DOWN! EA MMA will force this title to tap out!

# 20 ex carrabba fan @ 12/09/09 01:43 AM
Why does Aholbert's name show up as "FA Black Aaron" when someone quotes his post?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.