Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ehh @ 12/09/09 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
4. Suction D seems to be gone, YIPPEE!!!
Does this mean contact on drives is better because you're not getting sucked into contact animations as often?

# 142 Wiffyjustus @ 12/09/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Excellent impressions. Good to hear
Agreed. MVP of the thread.

(Most Valuable Post)

# 143 Ballatician @ 12/09/09 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
it seems the game plays really hard on superstar now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
steals that came with patch #1 are gone and it's back to out of the box steals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
Everything that was added in the first patch is still there... (protect ball animations, more interceptions and bad passes into the paint, etc)

It does feel like it has had some tweaking. Feels smoother.

Someone already mentioned it feeling somewhere between the release and the first patch. I'd have to agree with that. All the gameplay additions of the first patch and some of the fluidity of pre-patch restored.
Nice!

Quote:
As a person how really loved it out of the box, I'm pretty happy with it.

It is pretty much exactly what the first patch should have been. Bugs ironed out, gameplay additions given better fine tuning.
I am also one who loved how the game played out of the box. Sounds like the game I've been waiting for with player lock and manual post intact. Can't wait to get the patch for the ps3 now!

# 144 Glenn33 @ 12/09/09 08:31 PM
Has there been an "official" list of what has been patched? If not - can we please have one? Pretty please?

*UPDATE*

Just saw the list on PastaPadre. Never mind.

# 145 loadleft @ 12/09/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Does this mean contact on drives is better because you're not getting sucked into contact animations as often?
Yes from my experience you are no longer sucked into the driving offensive player. I agree with the notion that it's what the first patch should have been. Though I still like the game better out of the box than with this patch at this point it seems to be a reasonable compromise between that and the almost auto D that some have requested. You still have to play D yourself but it's not like doing it on skates!

Also driving to the basket on offense is better. What I mean it's easier w/out all the unrealistic contact but you still don't necessarily score easy. I can't explain it but to me it just makes more sense, I can get to the basket but unless I do it properly (proper angles, proper player, and proper situation) I'll just miss or get blocked.

In my book Live 10 out of the box was an 8.6 to 9.1 rated game with this patch (so far) it's l 8.2 to 8.7 so overall not bad. As an indication of my standards out of the box with a manual post up button and players that stay in bounds would have gotten a 9.3 from me and patch #2 dropped it to 7.5 to 7.7

# 146 ehh @ 12/09/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
Yes from my experience you are no longer sucked into the driving offensive player. I agree with the notion that it's what the first patch should have been. Though I still like the game better out of the box than with this patch at this point it seems to be a reasonable compromise between that and the almost auto D that some have requested. You still have to play D yourself but it's not like doing it on skates!

Also driving to the basket on offense is better. What I mean it's easier w/out all the unrealistic contact but you still don't necessarily score easy. I can't explain it but to me it just makes more sense, I can get to the basket but unless I do it properly (proper angles, proper player, and proper situation) I'll just miss or get blocked.

So just to clarify, both the CPU and the user seem to get "sucked into the D" less when driving? Is it completely gone (wishful thinking I'm sure)?

# 147 Wiffyjustus @ 12/09/09 09:27 PM
Here's a copy and paste of the patch details for Pastapadres site...

- Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

- Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

- Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

"With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.
The content of this update is very small due to some issues being bigger in scope that couldn’t be fixed in an update and will be addressed in next year’s title (such as the simulation logic). The team wanted to focus on addressing the key issues that the community felt were hurting the game and this is where the attention was paid for the second update."

End quote: Looks like any improvements in gameplay can probably be put down to the DNA settling down or us just getting accustomed to the game. (grins sheepishly)

# 148 loadleft @ 12/09/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
So just to clarify, both the CPU and the user seem to get "sucked into the D" less when driving? Is it completely gone (wishful thinking I'm sure)?
I see the list posted but all I can tell you is what I have experienced. I have not been suctioned into contact on D or offensive yet. I have seen contact but in a much more realistic manner where the players' natural momentum caused it. In my opinion it's much easier to create this contact on your own terms as well, that is if the player you're controlling is capable. For instance I was playing as Utah and was able to get to the line 3-4 times w/D. Williams by beating Billups off the dribble and then lay-up solution against the help D, while I tried the same w/Brewer but either couldn't get past my man, or couldn't effectively lay-up solution over the help D on the rare ocassion I got into the paint off the bounce. On the other hand I was able to get a nice dunked on play by driving then hitting the cutting Brewer in stride, two steps then thunder came down on Nene! Also a couple of things snuck up on me that I didn't catch until my last game:

1. The CPU is actually taking good shots, meaning they used to shoot or attempt to shoot in my face now they seem to look to get open, pass the ball to the open man, or do some kind of move to get better shots.

2. I actually can move after pump faking the CPU into the air! They don't jump often but when they do, I can now drive around them! Yippee!!!

Now, I'll warn you all that this is from a limited sample size (5 or so games) but I am starting to gush over the game.

Game speed may be a bit slower I can tell for sure yet but sure seems like things are much more under control.

# 149 jrose57 @ 12/10/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
Here's a copy and paste of the patch details for Pastapadres site...

- Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

- Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

- Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

"With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.
The content of this update is very small due to some issues being bigger in scope that couldn’t be fixed in an update and will be addressed in next year’s title (such as the simulation logic). The team wanted to focus on addressing the key issues that the community felt were hurting the game and this is where the attention was paid for the second update."

End quote: Looks like any improvements in gameplay can probably be put down to the DNA settling down or us just getting accustomed to the game. (grins sheepishly)
- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.this is a big big big one...

# 150 Behindshadows @ 12/10/09 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustahymes
Post patch I dont really realize anything different, except the computer is much smarter, I am getting my *** handed to me. No worries I have the Tomba sliders and I am getting used to the math. As far as all the complaining goes Live and 2K are the same game in my eyes one game focuses on shot control, and the other focuses on handle control. If youre any type of intelligent you can figure out which is which. And its also true about people pointing out personal gripes that other people never would have noticed, this is a video game it will never be true to life when we discover virtual reality then maybe as of now its x,y,z and math. As far as complaints about animations go if you ask me 2K could use more too. I think 2K's presentation has a lot to with how real they perceive the game to be but in all actuality its on the same level as Live. I actually feel 2K buyers are getting cheated because they arent really getting anything new, thats why the patch was so huge. Just my two cents. I effs wit Live
Great post! Post patch the CPU is definitely smart, also on 12 min quarters, people should really play this game on All-star and pace the game and run plays. It's more realistic. I know it's not mentioned in PP's update but I think they did add some more animations. I have seen PF and Centers do different things and my boy Kobe is more stable with the rock. Also I'm loving my Dynamic Season even more now.

Patch fixed a lot, online game last night was great. I need one more win to get my achievement..lol

# 151 carnalnirvana @ 12/10/09 07:12 AM
i saw pasta details but i know for a fact the cpu is more aggressive on the drive and they will pass the ball to the open guy alot more, they will try to get out for a quick basket, guys like amrion and smith on the break try to run to the hoop for the pass cpu and user.

the game is harder for some strange reason(allstar), the passing lanes are being played way tighter, all in all i think the game is finally playing off of ratings.

it surprises me that so many people who dont have the patch are posting impressions,

# 152 DW3 @ 12/10/09 08:23 AM
man this is how the game should have been on release day! i am loving this game! i got my first triple double with Lebron this morning. The force-field wall on fastbreaks has been removed! i drove to the rim and Brooks could not do anything about it! i honestly dont have any complaints anymore.

Are you guys having trouble with the runners and floaters now? After patch 1, i could do it on command, but now i havent did it once(8 games). Any tips?

# 153 Pared @ 12/10/09 10:27 AM
Not sure if it was posted here, but I was told what the patch addresses yesterday and this is the first chance I've had to post it. It has been added to the first post.

# 154 clivo1050 @ 12/10/09 12:26 PM
servers down? i can't connect to play online

# 155 BlackBerry @ 12/10/09 02:43 PM
Do I have to start a new dynasty for the changes to take place?

# 156 mikenoob @ 12/10/09 06:33 PM
Since the matchup bug isn't stated in that list, I'm assuming this problem still exists?

# 157 ehh @ 12/10/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
The force-field wall on fastbreaks has been removed! i drove to the rim and Brooks could not do anything about it! i honestly dont have any complaints anymore.
LOL Don't toy with me man! Has this seriously been removed? This was my biggest beef with the whole contact fiasco.

# 158 kumamae_33 @ 12/10/09 08:07 PM
How about online guys??? Is the 3 pt cheese gone???

# 159 kumamae_33 @ 12/10/09 08:08 PM
And also the fatigue online??? Did your players get tired while playing online???

# 160 Mintsa @ 12/10/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
That would be a MAJOR + if it's definitely removed

I am on the PS3 and I'll have J-Rich on a fastbreak with the Suns and he gets stopped like he's been shot by that force field.

That would really open the transition game up.

Great news

Can you 360 guys go a little more in depth with fastbreaks and how they have improved.....I really want to read more impressions on this this.

PS: Did patch # 2 add the ability to use "unlocked" jerseys for online play ???? (ie Huskies jerseys....)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.