Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

The second patch for NBA Live 10 is now available for 360 and PS3 owners. Please post your impressions here.

This quote from blackflash83, NBA Live Community Manager.

Quote:
"The second title update will address a lot of the bugs that came from the first update as well as address the three point issue that has been plaguing online play. The online fatigue issue will also be fixed as well.

It will also look to address some of the freezing issues that some of you have run into as well."
EDIT: Adding what the patch addresses:

-Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.
-Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.
-Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values
-Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Ballatician @ 12/09/09 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
Work your guts out, pour your soul into a game... We'll whine about everything you didn't do.

Make us happy... we'll just cry for more.

It's just human nature. The eye is never satisfied.

You made a fun game this year with some great innovations. Sorry to disagree with everyone else, but I don't just don't like the other game. I don't like it's control system. I like this one. I've more than got my money's worth out of this years game. Peace.

Just getting tired of hearing people bag other people's hard work. Constructive criticism is fine but after a certain point... enough already.
I agree with this post even though I do actually like the other game too. I would not like to have this thankless job because sometimes it seems people only like to focus on the negative.

And why don't guys just use the sim lobbies if you are tired of playing these cheesers online?

# 102 DJ @ 12/09/09 12:50 AM
Did the patch address the phantom double-team issue?

# 103 Nomah5 @ 12/09/09 12:55 AM
I'm still running with my suns pre patch 1 and love my game!

# 104 Wiffyjustus @ 12/09/09 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I agree with this post even though I do actually like the other game too. I would not like to have this thankless job because sometimes it seems people only like to focus on the negative.

And why don't guys just use the sim lobbies if you are tired of playing these cheesers online?
Yeah, I'm sure the other game is mighty fine. It certainly has the popular vote. I've got nothing against it, just personally prefer Live.

The patch fixed the glitches, tightened it up a bit. I'm happy. No complaints.

# 105 Nomah5 @ 12/09/09 01:16 AM
with all the issues I have read for weeks now and the fun that has seemed to have been zapped out of it, i am sticking with pre patch. I did patch 1 and was bored watching the cpu throw up 35 foot shots 3 seconds into the shot clock way too many times a game. I will stick with default rosters because the only ones I really care about are my boys and I have the current team right now with releasing some players.

# 106 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 12/09/09 02:01 AM
Been watching this thread, reading everyone's post while playing this game looking for what's fixed. Guys like CourtVision, I completely understand your gripes. I posted in another thread that I actually think Live 10 is what Live 07 shoulda been when you really look at the history of the competition of these NBA games.

But I'm having a complete blast with this game. I own both NBA games, CH2K8 (waiting on BShadows' roster update) and NCAA 10, so maybe I'm just a Bball nut (LOL). I understand guys' frustration with not having an "all-inclusive" patch that fixes so many things, but face it guys, Live 10 is about as good as it coulda possibly been this year. Kudos to the devs, they stuck their heads out for a game with a horrible rep they weren't responsible for, and are trynna correct that. Personally, I'm glad they aren't on here lately, because it means they are working on 11, & what I want more than anything is that Live 11 realizes all our dreams of what an NBA videogame should be, and I hope they are hard at work at it.

Good job guys, my game is no longer a slideshow, I can save replays again without my system freezing, and now the online chumps are getting blown the freak out tryna do that off-balance nonsense against me. Other than that I was enjoying this game anyway.

I'll see you around June when the Live 11 hype starts....

# 107 noshun @ 12/09/09 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision

Again, good effort...but a complete product would be nice one day.

Side note: I hope you've got the decency to release a patch for NCAA's freezing. "Next years game" is kind of shallow for people with "this years problems".
Court Vision.. I feel the gist of everything you said. The manta of 'next year' stings more and more.

# 108 neegotiator @ 12/09/09 03:48 AM
playing mavs/suns rewind game. only things i've really noticed is goaltending fixed. bodied up offensive player on perimeter and he didn't jack up a fadeaway shot. haven't come up on the messed up defensive assignments double teaming out of nowhere, hoping that was fixed. guys still sometimes go out of bounds when running fast break, not that frequent but still annoying. dampier just shot a fadeaway 3 on me. barea stopped my steamrolling stoudemire on fast break. my dumb *** still can't make a jumpshot with some players for the life of me. overall nothing huge, seems to fix the small nagging issues, so relatively satisfied camper.

# 109 Omega Kid @ 12/09/09 03:57 AM
Please devs, i know is not appropriate thread, but fix NCAA too!

# 110 Fiddy @ 12/09/09 04:36 AM
is it me, or are the menus really sluggish now? i didnt notice that before.

# 111 neegotiator @ 12/09/09 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
is it me, or are the menus really sluggish now? i didnt notice that before.
happens randomly to me. sometimes I gotta press a button 2-3 times before it registers in menus. I just restart. but if in middle of game, i just live with it.

# 112 mike24forever @ 12/09/09 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
It took me a while to really post in this thread, because I really wanted to hold my tongue on a lot of the people's complaints here. But now I'm about to chime in.

I want some mods, Mill, 23, Pared, Mo, and even Steve himself to read what I'm saying and really understand where I'm coming from with this post.

For 5 years now, I come to OS, because like Czar says,"it's family". But now we have been plagued with childish antics and people who are suppose to be adults constantly coming in here with the cool kid post, and it's finally getting worse and really making things bad for all of us.

I don't think Base or Blackflash should have to endure the ignorance that is constantly plagued this thread and the numerous more that have been created. I am writing a blog on how complaint gamers are constantly ruining the experience for others on making up rumors and lies on issues with games that others aren't seeing. Then later pointing out flaws that others wouldn't have noticed if were bluntly pointed out in about 25 threads of the same old crap over and over.

Then we go to posters like CV and Joker, and others who have taken multiple shots at developers with their artificial and false concerns, only to find a way to post negative things about everything and try to throw 2k into each equation. First off if anyone has been following a lot of these post made by them, you'd learn from multiple paragraphs and threads that would have told you, they don't even have the game. But continue to flood the threads with their ignorance and constant blasphemy of each element. And everyone begins with if EA this, and if EA this, I can't believe EA, are you serious EA, WTF EA....I mean I'm sorry, these developers have listened to us, informed us and so much more in every EA title this season and made Operationsports a word of place to believe in and share in.

And it only takes a few to ruin a lot for so many, I'm sorry like Rock and a lot of others pointed out, we get it CV and everyone else, 2k is the almighty to you guys, so stop posting constant, I've traded it in, and now I borrowed it back, I just saw this blah blah blah. I mean I've played over 100 games and haven't seen even a 3rd of half the crap that is written by some of the people. Stop killing everyone else's joy in this game.

The first 9 pages of an impressions thread were majority of people asking questions, then the remainder was people taking shots and EA and trying fine tooth comb everything, they assume this patch did or didn't do. So tired of it, grow up and move on, you don't like the game, this is the final patch. Get rid of it if you don't like it, but don't continue to rant and take shots at the developers and at other post, just to justify your cool kid status.

The game was good pre-patch, post-patch messed a few things up, but not enough to warrant half the negative feedback, final patch fixed a lot of things it did prior. Overall Live 10 is and enjoyable element for a lot of us, if you don't like it, move on. But stop making up stuff and ruining the experience for others. And stop trying to put on blast the developers, they have better things to do than to constantly get insulted by people, who can't do any better if they had the tools in front of them. Because I assure if any of you even had 90% of the programming skills, you wouldn't be in here complaining, you'd be working for someone making your own title.

Have a great day!

By the way Live 10, love the game! Add more animations next season and really completely redo the presentation and commentary and the experience will be even better and more fresh. Thanks guys for all your hard work and the turn around from 09 to 10 in less than a year.
I could not agree more. Most of the issues with any game would go unnoticed, however when one person notices something and spam post about it, it becomes a major gripe for people who would have never noticed it. The complaining about being PROMISED something in a video game is a joke. The game made great strides this year and is an excellent game. If you a someone does not like LIVE 10 and can only post negative things about it....MOVE ON.

Shadow, as for the way things have changed at OS over the last 5 years...well you hit that on the head. There are certain posters that I just don't even bother reading their posts. They add nothing to the discussion.

EXCELLENT POST!

# 113 inkpimp007 @ 12/09/09 09:25 AM
From what I've notice so far one game played (all-star 12min qrts):

Right away the game seemed to be more enjoyable, at first I really couldn't put my finger on it. Then I started noticing fast breaks were smoother, they actually happened. I'm not sure what they tweaked on the AI but i've noticed better pass deflection and interception. During my game (dynamic season) they game just didn't feel as sloppy. Foul call were right on as i was being very aggressive going to the rack. Finally at last goaltending points are counted and block at the rim are fixed.

Is it me or is has anyone else noticed a few new animation, I've seen kobe doing a couple of things I hadn't noticed before. I need more time with the patch but so far while it's night drastic the things i've notice make a big difference to me.

# 114 EWRMETS @ 12/09/09 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
The basketball gaming market seems to be getting smaller by the minute. As you know, it's only a few years ago we had three to four NBA games + two college games each season.

Next season looks like just being 2K and LIVE...and LIVE isn't doing that well.

As much as I like NBA 2K, it would be a sad day if that was the only basketball game out there.
Your posts are getting more over the top by the minute. This is a thread for impressions on Live 10's second patch, not the state of basketball video gaming. I understand your enthusiasm for the genre but stop invading every NBA Live thread with your biased opinion on the overall future of Live.

# 115 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/09/09 10:14 AM
Can we get back to the impressions now? I'm at work and because of the weather, I'm going to be sitting in front of my cpu all day. Give me something to read fellas!!!!

# 116 DJ @ 12/09/09 10:23 AM
Can someone tell me if the phantom double teams has been fixed?

# 117 bigbambooski @ 12/09/09 10:30 AM
WOW !! this is so frustrating to sit and sift through 15 pages to find tiny nuggets of info about post patch fixes/lack there of.

i have seen a few questions overlooked and hope they can get answered....

1. does the fatigue for online ranked matches play any effect in game ? were you forced to make any subs or notice someone getting slower/tired ?

2. did the defense get tweaked at all ? phantom double team, R1 force field ?

thanks guys , and PLEASE STOP POSTING STUFF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PATCH !!

# 118 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/09/09 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ?

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
where the hell in my post did i call people names ? We were told that the 3's were going to be fixed but obviously they werent and i have written how i feel which i feel they lied to us.
His name is not Backflush. It's blackflash83. Maybe you didn't mean to call him that, maybe it's a typo. But, backflush looks like you're calling him a name. I'll be the first to adimit that I'm wrong but, it doesn't look like you messed up his name.

# 119 Pared @ 12/09/09 11:13 AM
I'm getting real tired of people bringing down impression threads.

If you don't have an impression to post, DON'T POST.

# 120 bluengold34_OS @ 12/09/09 11:13 AM
Please keep your post on topic and about the patch guys. We have people sifting through pages of complaints, when they really just need info on what the patch addresses.

I understand the nature of the thread makes it easy to go off topic, but try to maintain the integrity of the thread, and please stay away from calling memebers, are developers out.

If we can't do this, some people will not be visiting NBA Live thread for awhile. Lets just be mature and think before you post.

Thanks
Bob

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.