Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #137
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
I'm still running with my suns pre patch 1 and love my game!
Damm...you're on pre patch 1? What about DNA updates? LOL

Glad you're having fun though. The Suns are definitely the way to go

They are a good example of what this game does well. I couldn't play with the Suns in any other game.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I agree with this post even though I do actually like the other game too. I would not like to have this thankless job because sometimes it seems people only like to focus on the negative.

And why don't guys just use the sim lobbies if you are tired of playing these cheesers online?
Yeah, I'm sure the other game is mighty fine. It certainly has the popular vote. I've got nothing against it, just personally prefer Live.

The patch fixed the glitches, tightened it up a bit. I'm happy. No complaints.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #139
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

with all the issues I have read for weeks now and the fun that has seemed to have been zapped out of it, i am sticking with pre patch. I did patch 1 and was bored watching the cpu throw up 35 foot shots 3 seconds into the shot clock way too many times a game. I will stick with default rosters because the only ones I really care about are my boys and I have the current team right now with releasing some players.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #140
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
By the way Live 10, love the game! Add more animations next season and really completely redo the presentation and commentary and the experience will be even better and more fresh. Thanks guys for all your hard work and the turn around from 09 to 10 in less than a year.
I'm actually the same way Shadows. I still like the game a lot.
I am critical of both patches, especially the 2nd, but neither has really made me want to buy 2k10.
I know Live 10 is not perfect, but I love the damn game.
And I am a critical mofo.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 8

Been watching this thread, reading everyone's post while playing this game looking for what's fixed. Guys like CourtVision, I completely understand your gripes. I posted in another thread that I actually think Live 10 is what Live 07 shoulda been when you really look at the history of the competition of these NBA games.

But I'm having a complete blast with this game. I own both NBA games, CH2K8 (waiting on BShadows' roster update) and NCAA 10, so maybe I'm just a Bball nut (LOL). I understand guys' frustration with not having an "all-inclusive" patch that fixes so many things, but face it guys, Live 10 is about as good as it coulda possibly been this year. Kudos to the devs, they stuck their heads out for a game with a horrible rep they weren't responsible for, and are trynna correct that. Personally, I'm glad they aren't on here lately, because it means they are working on 11, & what I want more than anything is that Live 11 realizes all our dreams of what an NBA videogame should be, and I hope they are hard at work at it.

Good job guys, my game is no longer a slideshow, I can save replays again without my system freezing, and now the online chumps are getting blown the freak out tryna do that off-balance nonsense against me. Other than that I was enjoying this game anyway.

I'll see you around June when the Live 11 hype starts....

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #142
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Been watching this thread, reading everyone's post while playing this game looking for what's fixed. Guys like CourtVision, I completely understand your gripes. I posted in another thread that I actually think Live 10 is what Live 07 shoulda been when you really look at the history of the competition of these NBA games.

But I'm having a complete blast with this game. I own both NBA games, CH2K8 (waiting on BShadows' roster update) and NCAA 10, so maybe I'm just a Bball nut (LOL). I understand guys' frustration with not having an "all-inclusive" patch that fixes so many things, but face it guys, Live 10 is about as good as it coulda possibly been this year. Kudos to the devs, they stuck their heads out for a game with a horrible rep they weren't responsible for, and are trynna correct that. Personally, I'm glad they aren't on here lately, because it means they are working on 11, & what I want more than anything is that Live 11 realizes all our dreams of what an NBA videogame should be, and I hope they are hard at work at it.

Good job guys, my game is no longer a slideshow, I can save replays again without my system freezing, and now the online chumps are getting blown the freak out tryna do that off-balance nonsense against me. Other than that I was enjoying this game anyway.

I'll see you around June when the Live 11 hype starts....
Good post

People are taking my posts wrongly. All I'm saying is that I wish they'd focussed on gameplay and not simply on fixing bugs...a lot of effort seems to have gone into fixing stuff that shouldn't have needed fixing. It's a pity that time couldn't have been spent on gameplay.

I am in neither camp and I'd prefer both games excelled. We all win that way. At the moment, that's not what's happening though. A quick look at the sales figures and it's an asbolute KO to the "other" game. I agree with some of the fellas here who said this year was an opportunity lost.. Maybe a killer game play patch for LIVE 10 would have got some momentum back with this game, but I guess it wasn't to be. I don't know if any of you have bothered to check out the official EA and 2K baskebtall forums, but the EA one is a ghost town while the 2K one has thousands of posts. All I've been getting at is that a killer patch may have got some life back into this series. It's kind of ridiculous watching the same old guys jump in to defend the game as though nothing is wrong with it. Most fair minded people acknolwedge it's got a hell of a long way to go. I was hoping this patch was going to be a nice step forward, but it's not happening so there's no point discussing it from here on. See you LIVE fellas next season

Side note: My comments weren't meant to be any sort of attack on the EA guys. This place is still a "Forum" as far as I am aware. The EA fellas dropping in doesn't necessarily mean we need to be like one or two people and turn it into some sort of demi god praising fan club.

I praise wherever it's warranted...but I'll also criticise.

I've enjoyed the LIVE banter this season. See you fellas for LIVE 11.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:37 AM   #143
Banned

OVR: 17

Sales figures mean nothing. Well not nothing, but they don't exactly say which game is better.

For years Live was well ahead of 2K in sales yet 2K was the much better game.

Just like how crap movies like Spiderman are some of the highest money making films of all time.

Live is the better game this year in my opinion so all I ask is that the devs keep adding to the platform they've built now and not try to do the things the opposition is doing just to get more sales.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #144
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision

Again, good effort...but a complete product would be nice one day.

Side note: I hope you've got the decency to release a patch for NCAA's freezing. "Next years game" is kind of shallow for people with "this years problems".
Court Vision.. I feel the gist of everything you said. The manta of 'next year' stings more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 12-09-2009 at 03:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »