Home
Madden Ultimate Team News Post

Build Your NFL Dream Team with Legendary and Limited
Edition Cards in Madden Ultimate Team

Take the challenge to create the definitive NFL team,
by collecting virtual cards that include legendary and limited edition versions.

Legendary Cards:
When purchasing gold or platinum card packs, there is a chance you’ll receive a Legendary Card, which can include legendary players, coaches, uniforms, stadiums and playbooks. Legendary player cards represent pros in their prime, such as the Vikings’ Randy Moss or the Packers’ Brett Favre. There are Legendary uniforms, coaches, players, stadiums and playbooks. These cards are very rare and contain a much higher value and discard value than common cards. Legendary cards also contain a special boost unique to the player, coach, stadium or uniform represented. For example…Legendary Randy Moss increases his QB’s short, medium and deep throw accuracy by 10 points in-game. You can find the boost value for the rest of the team by looking on the back of the card.

Limited Edition Player Cards:
Limited Edition cards are special variants that will be created after the game ships; primarily featuring standout playoff performers, season award winners, playoff uniforms/stadiums, Pro Bowlers and players who had breakout seasons. These cards are indeed limited, so only a certain number of them will be available for purchase in the “Weekly Deals” feature. Once the card is sold out, it’ll never be available for purchase again…making it extremely rare.

Perfect for card collectors and fantasy football gurus, Madden Ultimate Team provides a unique football experience, giving you total control over building a single team in the quest to be crowned the ultimate Madden team. The Madden Ultimate Team game mode will be available free for Madden NFL 10 in January, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

For more information about Madden Ultimate Team visit: http://maddennfl.easports.com

Madden Ultimate Team screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden Ultimate Team screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden Ultimate TeamReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Madden Ultimate Team Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ezio @ 12/08/09 05:49 PM
So am I reading this correctly and the only way to get those particular cards is to buy them when they are available?

# 2 LaW97 @ 12/08/09 06:53 PM
this is jus despicable.

they are jus milking us now.
and i thought the whole madden shop thing was highway robbery

# 3 ezio @ 12/08/09 08:41 PM
I was excited when i found it was free to play but if it the same as Fifa was and you can just go and buy a great team then there is no point.

# 4 Exonerated @ 12/09/09 12:42 AM
I hate the contracts thing with players. WHy can i only have Peyton Manning for 4 games? when i paid for him. Ridiculous.

IN FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM, once you buy a player, you keep him for life, HE EVEN PROGRESSES.

THis madden ultimate team is inferior to the fifa ultimate team of 09 by 100000 times.

# 5 SmashMan @ 12/09/09 01:21 AM
I know it's the cool thing to run into a thread, both barrels blazing and start shooting at EA, but you're not being charged for these. The Legendary cards are randomly inserted into Gold and Platinum card packs.

If you actually go to the site, and you know...READ before reacting, it's clearly listed in the description: "Earn coins to buy new cards or card packs through your performance on the field, acquire new cards through the auction block, or purchase card packs through the in-game store."

So yes, while there is a purchase option for those that don't want to put in the time to earn the coins to "buy" the packs of cards; you can acquire these cards just by playing the game.

---

Thanks for posting the info, Steve.

# 6 Valdarez @ 12/09/09 02:10 AM
Can someone clarify something for me. When it says 'purchase' cards packs, does that mean with your Madden points, or with the real $$$? Will you be able to purchase both ways?

I really like the idea / concept, but will need to see the game in action to judge whether the concept translates well in the implementation.

Does anyone know if they have a way to make sure the teams are even / balanced, or to set how many cards you're willing to give away when searching for an online game?

What positions do you think will be the most important? I'd list them as QB, WR, TE, CB, S, HB, LB, DLine, OLine

# 7 Exonerated @ 12/09/09 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Can someone clarify something for me. When it says 'purchase' cards packs, does that mean with your Madden points, or with the real $$$? Will you be able to purchase both ways?

I really like the idea / concept, but will need to see the game in action to judge whether the concept translates well in the implementation.

Does anyone know if they have a way to make sure the teams are even / balanced, or to set how many cards you're willing to give away when searching for an online game?

What positions do you think will be the most important? I'd list them as QB, WR, TE, CB, S, HB, LB, DLine, OLine
More likey than not, you will be able to 'purchase' both ways. PLaying madden games definitely allows you to 'purchase' boosters. But I'd assume that a money option would eventually become available.

# 8 Millennium @ 12/09/09 08:59 AM
Smashman -

Thank you for being mature and reading all of the details before coming in here with an agenda, like most of the posters above you.

Anyone else want to run in here and stick their foot in their mouth?

Looking forward to the FREE update to Madden.

# 9 Bumble14 @ 12/09/09 09:39 AM
So is there any way of taking your ultimate team online to play against friends?

# 10 oregonelite @ 12/09/09 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
So is there any way of taking your ultimate team online to play against friends?
You could in FIFA UT. SO I assume you will be able to in Madden UT as well. But I am basing this on the assumption that Madden UT will mimick Fifa UT.

# 11 CreatineKasey @ 12/09/09 03:42 PM
It's comin' up pretty soon here. I'll be definitely checking this out. Interested to see how they handle online gaming with this.

# 12 sportskid84 @ 12/09/09 03:49 PM
Can't wait for this,it will bring more life into the game

# 13 Millennium @ 12/09/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Shouldn't the guys at EA be working on more important things like improving Madden for M11???
Different development team.

# 14 Jump @ 12/09/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Different development team.
Same pool of resources(money).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.