Home
MLB 10 News Post

IGN has posted their first look at MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
"Sony is also focusing on crowd details in an effort to bring a little more drama to the game. Fans will be given more animations while cheers will be used in more realistic ways to try and break up your concentration. Fans will also get some stadium swag like thunder sticks to try and create some slight visual confusion. The day-to-night effects from last year's game are also returning, meaning the light will change as the game progresses. Sony San Diego's also given thought to some of the smaller environmental details unique to each stadium for added authenticity. Petco Park in San Diego, for instance, is on a common airline route and you'll occasionally see an airplane passing through the sky in the game, just like real life. This year's game will also have six classic stadiums to keep old time fans happy. You'll get The Polo Grounds, Forbes Field, Griffiths Stadium, Sportsman Park, Crossley Field, and Shibe Park."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nemesis04 @ 12/17/09 05:11 PM

# 2 tadoreo @ 12/17/09 05:15 PM
More and more info

Sony saying Merry Christmas Early!

# 3 djo201 @ 12/17/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadoreo
More and more info

Sony saying Merry Christmas Early!
Do you really think they do it for our pleasure? You're totally wrong, the just do it cause they love seeing us suffer

# 4 bcruise @ 12/17/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
omg
Happened last year

# 5 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djo201
Do you really think they do it for our pleasure? You're totally wrong, the just do it cause they love seeing us suffer
This.

LOL

# 6 swaldo @ 12/17/09 06:15 PM
He said pitchers have a choice of 4 pitches? I'm assuming this is a typo.

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/17/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
He said pitchers have a choice of 4 pitches? I'm assuming this is a typo.
More than likely. It will be 5 like it has always been. Maybe he only saw one with 4.

# 8 nemesis04 @ 12/17/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
More than likely. It will be 5 like it has always been. Maybe he only saw one with 4.
He was probably pitching with someone who only had 4 pitches.

# 9 green94 @ 12/17/09 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Happened last year
Actual planes in the skies? Are you sure?

# 10 countryboy @ 12/17/09 07:04 PM
I don't recall seeing planes in the skies at Petco, but thats not to say they weren't actually in the game.

# 11 Ronstr @ 12/17/09 07:14 PM
the only time i've seen planes in the game was at shea.

# 12 countryboy @ 12/17/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstr
the only time i've seen planes in the game was at shea.
same here.

# 13 csker7 @ 12/17/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumpc
I thought 08 had the planes at Petco?
yeah in 08 it did. i think 09 did as well though. im pretty sure this isnt going to be a new feature exclusive to 10', its definitely been in before

# 14 zippy2212 @ 12/17/09 10:15 PM
"The cursor's movement speed varies with each pitch type and the sweet spot gets fuzzy and hard to see the more tired your pitcher is, which is a nice way to simulate fatigue. If you're starting to get tired you can pick up a second wind to make the meter a little clearer by having your catcher come out and give you a pep talk."

If this is true and we can send the catcher out to talk to our pitcher that will be awesome!

# 15 brettryantalley @ 12/17/09 10:31 PM
"You can go for a power swing by hitting square before the wind-up."

really?

# 16 Shakedowncapo @ 12/17/09 11:16 PM
Thats cool with me..

# 17 Blzer @ 12/17/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
omg
Anyone who has seen it in real life from behind home plate knows it's a thing of beauty, especially when the sun is still setting. PETCO Park is easily the most beautiful ballpark I've been to at twilight, and the airplanes are just another thing SCEA does right!

Did I read that correct that the power swing is now a toggle feature like the old 989 games? It's really fine either way, but I was just wondering if that is the case, or if they were just mistaken.

# 18 BatsareBugs @ 12/17/09 11:41 PM
The planes at PETCO Park have been there since '08 I believe. Lindbergh Field is northwest of PETCO Park down Harbor Drive.

# 19 Speedy @ 12/17/09 11:50 PM
Quote:
"The cursor's movement speed varies with each pitch type and the sweet spot gets fuzzy and hard to see the more tired your pitcher is, which is a nice way to simulate fatigue. If you're starting to get tired you can pick up a second wind to make the meter a little clearer by having your catcher come out and give you a pep talk."
This would be amazing and really give a reason for the mound conferences; I like the little tid-bits so far b/c in my mind these really add up.

# 20 Blzer @ 12/18/09 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
The planes at PETCO Park have been there since '08 I believe. Lindbergh Field is northwest of PETCO Park down Harbor Drive.
Guess I didn't play there much in my Cardinals 'chise.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.