Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has the juice.

Quote:
"Electronic Arts says next Madden title will be different. Significantly.

During a conference call with investors this afternoon, CEO John Riccitiello stated both Dead Space 2 and an "innovative" Madden, presumably Madden NFL 2011, will be available during the company's 2011 fiscal year, which ranges from April 2010 through March 2011.

"Looking at Fiscal 2011, I think we've got a fabulous title plan," Riccitiello stated. "We've got a great new version of Medal of Honor, a revitalized Need for Speed, Sims on console, FIFA in a World Cup year, an innovative and new take on Madden, Dead Space 2, Crysis at full margins, a new MMA game, and many others."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 RGiles36 @ 01/12/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

In reading this thread and the one about the hiring of Turmell, I've never seen so many foregone conclusions be made with so little, or virtually no, evidence or facts to support those conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Best post in the thread.
Co-sign!

Like someone else alluded to, I wouldn't be so quick to get excited about the word 'innovative'. What is the CEO supposed to say? "We're going to pack and ship out the same ol' Madden and pray for better results!"

# 102 aukevin @ 01/12/10 12:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of bugs and patches are in store for Madden 11.

# 103 e0820 @ 01/12/10 01:23 PM
Wouldnt this seem to go along with EA's trainer game. So Madden with the ability to be the trainer? March/April seems kinda quick.

# 104 Vikes1 @ 01/12/10 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Co-sign!

Like someone else alluded to, I wouldn't be so quick to get excited about the word 'innovative'. What is the CEO supposed to say? "We're going to pack and ship out the same ol' Madden and pray for better results!"
I agree as well Rgiles.

Some of us were wondering when the marketing [info] would start for M11...well, now we know.

Like you said Russ...EA bigwigs using words like "innovative" are as basic of catch words as they come. I'm just a nobody behind a cpu screen. But I'd bet a nickel, Madden 11/12 will be no more innovative than EA's marketing tactics.

# 105 polamalu82 @ 01/12/10 02:27 PM
I agree with some previous posters that said this is a EA marketing ploy. I have to hand it to EA, they are great at marketing.

EA says: BAAA, BAAA, come on sheeple follow us to the hype train......

# 106 polamalu82 @ 01/12/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Its not hard to do when they are the ONLY nfl licensed game coming out. On a positive note, they seem to be on the right track w/ what they did in M10.
True.

People need to realize though, that this "innovative, new take" isn't going to be a new game by any stretch of the imagination. EA doesn't even have an entire year to make Madden 11.

Look at pro-tak, it took them a while to make this and it still isn't that great. To me, the words "new and innovative" coming from EA means, more bugs and glitches to patch post release. Don't drink the kool-aid is all I'm saying......

# 107 Gossennator @ 01/12/10 02:50 PM
If it's not gameplay related then I could bet it would be more of an online be pro mode maybe with more advanced features than NHL or FIFA. Innovative can really mean anything in EA's world. Just like pro-tak..nice addition but nothing ground breaking.

# 108 Chizzypoof @ 01/12/10 02:57 PM
Since this is the speculation thread. I'm putting my two cents in for:

3-D

It's the hot new (old) thing.

# 109 Hova57 @ 01/12/10 03:05 PM
i like kool aid especially if its cherry. Made the ghetto way too man you can't get better than that. lol

anywho i don't think inovation can be bad maybe a realtime ticker at the bottom of the screen while your playing your franchise. or to see realtime stats while your playing play now games. that would be innovative. they came along way last year they wouldn't mess that up in one year would they

# 110 marktwain77 @ 01/12/10 03:05 PM
not 3d dammit!

I just bought a 1080p HDTV a year ago....

I don't want to have to discard all my stuff and start over already!

and I'm not wearing glasses to watch TV

# 111 Hova57 @ 01/12/10 03:13 PM
hey does anyone know if VC had a patent on their program where the cpu uses your tendancies against you. wouldn't that be cool if you played your buddy , then played against his tendancies in a cpu game to scout his game.

# 112 mm boost @ 01/12/10 03:54 PM
Money says the innovation will be a new physics engine. Madden has been using pretty much the same engine through out it's cycle, so innovation could mean changing the core gameplay/physics engine.

Arcade game isn't going to happen. That is why NFL Madden Arcade was just released. They would lose so much money turning the only NFL sim football game into an arcade game, they are already catching hell for a decline in profits. It's probably going to be something groundbreaking that will change the game and offer a new take on it. Just like when 2k first came out on dreamcast, that was a completely different take on football compared to what we was used to at that time. It shaped football games and set a standard. I am willing to bet money Madden is aiming for something along these lines. Maybe a new camera system or audio system or physics or something.

# 113 mm boost @ 01/12/10 04:00 PM
Matter of fact, in terms of football, the only thing madden has not accomplished is a realistic physics engine and a complete broadcast presentation. my money is on a full fledge presentation broadcast like they are doing with the college basketball and such. Its one or the other? Cause quite frankly, what else can they come out with that we have not seen? Realistic physics and a presentation engine that blows you away.

# 114 polamalu82 @ 01/12/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
THEORY #1 We ALL know EA cares about $$$ more than anything else, let alone its customers. Low sales for Madden 10?

EA: "Lets just appeal to a bigger more casual audience. We will lose some loyal customers, but we will double our profits by attractive a wider audience overall. Where else can they go?"

Not ready to flip out YET...But all signs point toward them making madden pretty much STR8 up ARACADE.

If this does happen, Video Game football will be officially DEAD!

THEORY #2 EA has purchased natual Motions Tech thus cancelling backbreaker (which was never gonna come out anyway) and are implementing it in Madden 11. They will offer 2 completely unique modes of play to make EVERYONE happy and a custom online feature which will let you playby your own house rules.

Its either #1 or #2 (minus the BB tech of course. But i can dream)
Not to turn this into a BB debate, but where have you been? BB has named their publisher(505 games) and have a spring 2010 release date. Check the BB section right here on OS.

# 115 MattIntellect @ 01/12/10 05:02 PM
Let's look at things this way. While many people predict that innovation from EA means a more arcade-based game, what arcade features do you think they could add to Madden? Would they give players 10 seconds in the pocket every play, decrease the pass rush, allow more broken tackles? How about add features like "big head mode"? I'm sure that the Madden developers aren't willing to go the arcade route. Besides, this would be a step backwards rather than a step forward. John Madden retired stating that he would spend more time with Madden NFL, giving suggestions and pointing out things that need to be in the game. If the Madden team is thinking about catering to non-football knowledgeable players, they will be doing a disservice to themselves. I'm sure that the current Madden team wants to make the best game that they can, because of self pride more than anything. Like I've already said, I wouldn't take this as a bad thing, especially at this time or jump to any conclusions this early.

# 116 Valdarez @ 01/12/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaGrande
Innovative and new "take"...

Is it possible that EA is going to Co-Develop Madden 2011 with "Take" 2 or better known as "2k Sports"...

Grande'
Absolutely, and they'll be using the Euphoria engine when they do!

# 117 nacnud @ 01/12/10 05:17 PM
This doesn't even mean it'll change the whole game, isn't EA's goal every year to make an innovation within the game?

# 118 Valdarez @ 01/12/10 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
hey does anyone know if VC had a patent on their program where the cpu uses your tendancies against you. wouldn't that be cool if you played your buddy , then played against his tendancies in a cpu game to scout his game.
The VIP, doubtful. Definitely be a nice feature for M11.

# 119 Valdarez @ 01/12/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
Not to turn this into a BB debate, but where have you been? BB has named their publisher(505 games) and have a spring 2010 release date. Check the BB section right here on OS.
Spring release? That's around April right? Coincidence? I think not!

# 120 CreatineKasey @ 01/12/10 05:20 PM
Loving the sarcasm in here

I'd be up for some rock solid gameplay and a new, fun view of the game. The NFL loves marketing personalities... get that personality in the game!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.