Home
MLB 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted another batch of MLB '10: The Show screenshots.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 PhantomPain @ 02/04/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
The points are moot.

My point remains, when SCEA gets something right, they're the best, when they can't get something, they are "ignoring us". These people bend over backwards for Operation Sports and the gamers here. You can either enjoy the game, and hope they get it in next year, or......

Adding things to certain stadiums might work and might not, depending on the amount of effort and whether or not the existing skeleton will accept the change (see comment on roofs/open/closed/moving), or if they have to do some time consuming major revamping. We can point out things all we want, and don't think that there are 20 guys working on stadiums.
Well said, jim. My only hope is that the devs and SCEA in general realize that there are just some people that don't know how to properly critique without insulting at the same time. This is BY FAR the minority of the people on OS. Unfortunately the ones that DO critique in negative manners are the ones that are the loudest and can sometimes ruin a good thing for everyone else.

As a Kentucky basketball fan, I know about this all too well. 95% of the millions of fans for UK basketball love the sport, the team and the players. They want the team to be competitive year in and year out. But the other 5% wants a player to transfer r a coach fired if there is one loss and they EXPECT a championship year in and year out and if there isn't one, then it is disappointing to them. These are the fans that get the most air time on ESPN and other sports outlets. Really makes the other 95% people look completely unreasonable.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that there are some people that want every detail to be perfect. I also think it is ok to be frustrated if something isn't right that should be. But for crying out loud, can we voice this in a respectful manner? SCEA has done more for this community than I have ever seen with any other game in my entire life of 36 years (25 of it playing video games). Appreciate it. Give criticism. But whatever you do, please keep it respectful.

# 62 countryboy @ 02/04/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I'm wanna say a couple things to the people who are complaining.

If you can't enjoy this video game because your favorite team's stadium walls / uniform colors are slightly the wrong shade / hue or the scoreboard isn't 100% accurate, then that's your problem.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but some of you are being ridiculous. You know they work on lots of other things beside the stadiums all year, so why would you even think that every stadium is gonna be 100% accurate to reality ?
there's nothing wrong with people wanting everything about their favorite team to be 100% spot on correct. Thats why the word fan is short for fanatic. And there is nothing wrong with people pointing out the shortcomings, its the way that people go about it sometimes that is whats wrong.

There's a fine line between point out the shortcomings and asking them to be fixed and pointing out the shortcomings and demanding them to be fixed. And sometimes, the chosen words people use, cloud that fine line, or at times...cross it.

# 63 brunnoce @ 02/04/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80

I appreciate SCEA's work but the shade of green in the LaPorta pic is not even close to the pic above....and no led scoreboard is a big disappointment for us Indians fans...maybe next year. It doesn' appear they worked on this stadium since 07??
same issue as the coliseum in 09... havent seen a 10 pic of it... so im wondering if that was fixed.

# 64 Pirate @ 02/04/10 04:19 PM
What's a correct critique? One that only lauds SCEA for getting things right? Absolutely not. Pointing out inconsistancies and issues on this forum is the only way to voice our requests and suggestions.

We are very lucky to have a developer actually take the time to interface with us as SCEA does. That said, I'm going to take every opportunity to point out things I think need updated. The Show has consistently been one of the best video game experiences on the market. These changes would only improve the product by lending another level of realism.

Obviously these changes won't be made for 2010, but if they are identified now, maybe they can be included next year. This would never happen is SCEA wasn't so open to suggestions from this community. That I will applaud SCEA for.

# 65 PVarck31 @ 02/04/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80

I appreciate SCEA's work but the shade of green in the LaPorta pic is not even close to the pic above....and no led scoreboard is a big disappointment for us Indians fans...maybe next year. It doesn' appear they worked on this stadium since 07??
I hear ya man. I am very disappointed. But, we can hope for next year. If I get to go to community day I will make sure its fixed.

# 66 CommunityCollege @ 02/04/10 05:17 PM
you guys are complaining...over a scoreboard?

# 67 PVarck31 @ 02/04/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
Its not just the scoreboard. The wall color is wrong, the batters eye bar is missing, the auxilary bleachers are still there, they have been gone for years. No LCD's either.

I am not upset, just a little disappointed. I love the Show no matter what. Just hope its fixed next year.

# 68 Blzer @ 02/04/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
The same way that we drool over a correct one, CC.

I'm just saying (I think I said it once before, not sure)... if people can cherish about little things, I think they own the right to gripe over little things as well. It just makes us drool over them next year when they're corrected.

# 69 wrigleyville33 @ 02/04/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Give me a break, yankee fans were going crazy over the wrong shade of blue on the outfield walls...

# 70 K_GUN @ 02/04/10 05:47 PM
human flaw......the closer one approaches perfection...the more imperfections he sees

this from a sox fan who will probably see the 'trailor boxes' on top of fenway instead of the new coca- cola section.

some guys fixate on lineups...some on stirrups..some on hats...some on trade logic...some on stadium accuracy.

in my opinion, they are all valid

# 71 Russell_SCEA @ 02/04/10 05:55 PM
On the stadiums subject I have a solution that should alleviate this happening in the future. When the game ships we will have a stadium upgrade/fixes thread. I don't believe any of the stadium artists new about Gregs fans thread because that's where all the stadium info was posted I'm not sure it even made it to them.

Our guys only have so many resources and they can't make visits out the stadiums every year. We also added 12 new stadium rigs to the game this year. When previously it was only 6 those stadiums take about 4+ months to create from scratch if you do that match it sucks up a lot of their time which is probably why some stadiums didn't receive as much love as some of you wanted.

# 72 K_GUN @ 02/04/10 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
On the stadiums subject I have a solution that should alleviate this happening in the future. When the game ships we will have a stadium upgrade/fixes thread. I don't believe any of the stadium artists new about Gregs fans thread because that's where all the stadium info was posted I'm not sure it even made it to them.

Our guys only have so many resources and they can't make visits out the stadiums every year. We also added 12 new stadium rigs to the game this year. When previously it was only 6 those stadiums take about 4+ months to create from scratch if you do that match it sucks up a lot of their time which is probably why some stadiums didn't receive as much love as some of you wanted.

paragraph 2: I COMPLETELY understand/respect this.

paragraph 1: confused as to why/how a feedback thread gets set up but the feedback doesn't even make it to the artists.

# 73 Russell_SCEA @ 02/04/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
paragraph 2: I COMPLETELY understand/respect this.

paragraph 1: confused as to why/how a feedback thread gets set up but the feedback doesn't even make it to the artists.

It happens from time to time or they don't have time to add it.

# 74 knich @ 02/04/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
What's a correct critique? One that only lauds SCEA for getting things right? Absolutely not. Pointing out inconsistancies and issues on this forum is the only way to voice our requests and suggestions.

We are very lucky to have a developer actually take the time to interface with us as SCEA does. That said, I'm going to take every opportunity to point out things I think need updated. The Show has consistently been one of the best video game experiences on the market. These changes would only improve the product by lending another level of realism.

Obviously these changes won't be made for 2010, but if they are identified now, maybe they can be included next year. This would never happen is SCEA wasn't so open to suggestions from this community. That I will applaud SCEA for.
Agreed. Not sure where you make notations for next year, but I'd put them in right away. I don't even know who the Indians are but they should have an up to date stadium as long as Yankee Stadium is done first.

# 75 wrigleyville33 @ 02/04/10 07:08 PM
Quote:

It does make more sense to release the feedback threads immediately when the game is released. The earlier the feedback, the more feasible the task may be at hand.

# 76 oakland89 @ 02/04/10 07:10 PM
Next subject.

# 77 countryboy @ 02/04/10 07:12 PM
Quote:

Great idea Russell. Maybe you could come up with a model plan for people to follow in order to make the information easier to read, comprehend, and pass along.

# 78 Jeffery 09 @ 02/04/10 07:13 PM
I understand, I would be upset if the wall at Turner Field was green, but I have a big issue with using statements like (they ignore us, or they don't care) this is completely inaccurate and I don't understand your logic there. I understand the staduim is wrong, but how many other things did they get to that way specifically asked for from this forum? I agree with pointing out inaccuracies, but do not follow up your points with "they are ignoring us".

# 79 Knight165 @ 02/04/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery 09
I understand, I would be upset if the wall at Turner Field was green, but I have a big issue with using statements like (they ignore us, or they don't care) this is completely inaccurate and I don't understand your logic there. I understand the staduim is wrong, but how many other things did they get to that way specifically asked for from this forum? I agree with pointing out inaccuracies, but do not follow up your points with "they are ignoring us".

Yep...
It's like your wifes honeydo list.
She lists 11 things for you to do on your vacation.
On the last day you've done the 10 biggest things.
You hand her the list with a line through 1-10.
She looks at the list and says..."you didn't do #11!...it's been sitting there unfinished for 2 years".
You say...."but....but..."
Then you just think..."women".

Now I'm not callin' you guys women(again ).....

M.K.
Knight165

# 80 PVarck31 @ 02/04/10 07:54 PM
Quote:

Totally understandable. I just want to be clear that Progressive field not being totally correct takes nothing away from how amazing this game will be, and what you guys do.

Any news on those videos?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.