Home
MLB 10 News Post

A Voice From Twins Territory has posted an interview with Jody Kelsey, Senior Producer of MLB '10: The Show, where he answered some questions regarding the building of Target Field and the Minneapolis skyline, as well as some other things.

Three screenshots are included, one of which might be new.

Quote:
A Voice From Twins Territory: "When you guys work on building a stadium, what are the steps? What type of research do you do, on-site visits, etc."

Jody Kelsey: "After obtaining all the needed reference material, we go into the initial layout stage. Our main focus deals with important items such as wall dimensions, wall heights and field layout. We then go into construction and model detail. Accuracy is always on our mind, so during this process we continue to check for updated reference material to assure the model is as accurate as the real stadium. Texturing and lighting is the final stage in the development of the stadium. During this whole process, we do travel to the stadium sight if possible, obtaining photo and lighting reference allowing us to recreate the most realistic stadium experience for anyone playing in Target Field in MLB 10 The Show."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/16/10 09:52 PM
Sweet, thanks for the post!

# 2 Spring Rubber @ 02/16/10 10:16 PM
So, any Twins fans dare to play a MLB 10 franchise in the Metrodome?

I'm really liking all of the detail the producer gave about the new lighting effects; it really sounds like it's gonna be amazing.

# 3 TwinsTerritory @ 02/16/10 10:18 PM
The amount of detail he talks about is amazing. You see the lighting detail when you play the game, but there is so much work that goes into it. Also, from not having the chance to visit Target Field this year, I'd say they did an outstanding job.

# 4 Schreck11 @ 02/16/10 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Rubber
So, any Twins fans dare to play a MLB 10 franchise in the Metrodome?

I'm really liking all of the detail the producer gave about the new lighting effects; it really sounds like it's gonna be amazing.
Although there has been many memories in the Dome I will never dare play another game in that dump again.

# 5 dunlopp9987 @ 02/16/10 10:23 PM
Thanks a bunch for that! Living about 15 minutes outside of the Twin Cities, I couldn't be more excited to pick this game up and play outdoor baseball with the Twins. And that skyline is pretty accurate, which was great to see.

# 6 Craigsca @ 02/16/10 10:32 PM
Good stuff and thanks for posting. I didn't know they worked on nighttime lighting - I thought it was purely daytime that was worked on this year. Even something more to look forward to!

# 7 bp4baseball @ 02/16/10 10:37 PM
Wow, when I read that they asked Minnesota for the species of plants being planted I thought to myself....... I love these guys!!! It's all about the details

# 8 Knight165 @ 02/16/10 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-BigGeorge
omg I didn't noticed by his name...but wasn't Jody Kelsey in the Yankees AAA team in the default MLB 09 roster?!

I'm sorry if i'm super late on this...
A lot of the developers are in the game as minor leaguers.
I've been eliminating them for YEARS!

M.K.
Knight165

# 9 Mad dog 31 @ 02/16/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
LOL! Your efforts are appreciated.

# 10 Tommyklaid @ 02/16/10 11:21 PM
Verrrrry cool...

Likewise, I didn't know they worked on the lighting details for 'night games' - I knew they adjusted everything during the 'day' but it is definitely a surprise to hear that the night games got some 'LOVE" as well!!!

Presentation-wise, this game is gonna be ACES!

# 11 The Bimmer @ 02/16/10 11:58 PM
Nice job guys getting the Cowbells in at the Trop. I will look forward to this. Hope you got them in REAL LOUD in those tense situations.

# 12 hydrostar @ 02/17/10 12:13 AM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Knight, do you know...are they still leaving themselves in this version? We've all been griping about this for years- I was hoping they'd finally just cut it out (or at least make themselves editable).

# 13 Knight165 @ 02/17/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrostar
Knight, do you know...are they still leaving themselves in this version? We've all been griping about this for years- I was hoping they'd finally just cut it out (or at least make themselves editable).
They won't be editable...but they've been taking themselves out little(very )...by little.
Another year and they will relent.

M.K.
Knight165

# 14 hydrostar @ 02/17/10 12:28 AM
Good gravy. I just don't get it- the game is SO realistic...SO deep...and they add more and more roster control knowing that we care so much about it...

...and yet we're still forced to have to deal with their own baseball pipedreams. They should at LEAST be editable- it's fine if they're in there to start with...but to force us to use them no matter what is just...egocentric.[/rant]

Good thing it's the greatest sports game going.

# 15 Knight165 @ 02/17/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Good gravy. I just don't get it- the game is SO realistic...SO deep...and they add more and more roster control knowing that we care so much about it...

...and yet we're still forced to have to deal with their own baseball pipedreams. They should at LEAST be editable- it's fine if they're in there to start with...but to force us to use them no matter what is just...egocentric.[/rant]

Good thing it's the greatest sports game going.

It's not like that....honestly.
Back ...quite a few years ago...someone got the idea to put them in...I know that a lot of them really didn't like being in the game like that....but that's the way it was set up years ago.
Now...it's just kind of "backburner" thing....that the guy in charge of the rosters....never gets to.
You'll notice that the last couple of years....on each later update...they are the first ones taken out of the roster update.

M.K.
Knight165

# 16 hydrostar @ 02/17/10 12:38 AM
Alright. That's good to know. For those of us who aren't "in the know", though, it sure does come across that way.

Seriously, though...the guy that works on the rosters should make time to get to this. It's one of the biggest hurdles the game has in terms of roster accuracy. Not that I have to tell YOU.

# 17 Knight165 @ 02/17/10 12:46 AM
Quote:
Alright. That's good to know. For those of us who aren't "in the know", though, it sure does come across that way.

Seriously, though...the guy that works on the rosters should make time to get to this. It's one of the biggest hurdles the game has in terms of roster accuracy. Not that I have to tell YOU.
I think they leave it in just to bust my balls now.
It works.

M.K.
Knight165

# 18 TNKNGM @ 02/17/10 01:00 AM
Quote:
I think they leave it in just to bust my balls now.
It works.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight - are you doing your rosters again this year?

Can't wait buddy - I'm offering to help out and could atleast work on the RedSox and their minor league system for you if you want.

PM me

# 19 Knight165 @ 02/17/10 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Knight - are you doing your rosters again this year?

Can't wait buddy - I'm offering to help out and could atleast work on the RedSox and their minor league system for you if you want.

PM me
Absolutely.
...and thank you.
gpe1975 has started a roster resource thread in the roster section.
I'm hoping guys will post info in there as I can constantly and easily refer back to it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 20 TNKNGM @ 02/17/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
Absolutely.
...and thank you.
gpe1975 has started a roster resource thread in the roster section.
I'm hoping guys will post info in there as I can constantly and easily refer back to it.

M.K.
Knight165
www.soxprospects.com - click on a player for all info and scouting report

http://soxprospects.com/2010.htm - lineups and rotation predictions

I posted this link in the resource forum - this is what you were talking about right?
http://mlb10resources.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Knight - once you get cranking on the project - I'd be happy to knock out the Bostonstuff if you want to send me the file one night and I'll get it right back to you.

I'm looking forward to getting involved and contributing this year

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.