Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on Major League Baseball 2K10 preview, where they detail My Player mode and more.

Quote:
"Depending on the situation of your organization, you might get called up earlier than expected--such as when a key member of the MLB roster is hurt. However, if you meet all of the requirements listed on your My Player menu, you are guaranteed to get called up. I haven't played enough of the mode myself to see if this means you'll get an earlier call-up than you might in the Career mode in Sony's MLB series, but it certainly seems that way in the early goings.

You can spend skill points on whatever player attributes you like--dumping all your points into one or two areas or spreading things around and trying to progress a bit more evenly. As a pitcher, you can spend skill points on your current pitches to improve their speed or accuracy. Or you can spend a big chunk of points and add an additional pitch or two to your arsenal (you start with three pitches in the beginning). Producers told me that an evenhanded approach to progress is probably best because if you dump too many skill points into a few areas in order to get an early call-up, your resulting deficiencies in other areas of your game might mean a quick trip back to the minors."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 WarDawg58 @ 02/19/10 05:22 PM
It sounds like fun. I love the fact you can get called up early depending on the situation.

# 2 queensbomber @ 02/20/10 11:11 AM
"it seems that the rarest of baseball video game occurrences--taking a walk--might be probable… perhaps even frequent."

Thats awesome for a 2K game! Im liking everything I've read so far, except that the demo comes out March 4.

# 3 AceTitan @ 02/20/10 02:04 PM
if you have xbox you get it the 23rd

# 4 metal134 @ 02/21/10 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
"it seems that the rarest of baseball video game occurrences--taking a walk--might be probable… perhaps even frequent."

Thats awesome for a 2K game! Im liking everything I've read so far, except that the demo comes out March 4.
Yeah, it's nice, but what about issuing them?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.