Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out this video showcasing the differences between MLB 2K9 and MLB 2K10.

Watch it in HD, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeffy777 @ 02/22/10 11:30 PM
Can someone please post a link to the YouTube vid? I'm on my iPhone and the embedded video isn't showing for some reason.

# 2 PLite14 @ 02/22/10 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Can someone please post a link to the YouTube vid? I'm on my iPhone and the embedded video isn't showing for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/v/u79CxdE3yA0

# 3 King Gro23 @ 02/22/10 11:35 PM
Dang , I never knew all of this. Color me impressed by still the little things. The Outfield flyballs pre catch gathers look good. IMO, Those must be new fielding ani's?

# 4 jeffy777 @ 02/22/10 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
Thanks!

# 5 bcruise @ 02/22/10 11:42 PM
Kinda weird to see 2k rip up its own game, but there were definitely a bunch of improvements there. REALLY glad they showed the outfield catch anim not firing as fixed - that was a killer.

# 6 queensbomber @ 02/22/10 11:51 PM
Looks great

# 7 Blzer @ 02/23/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Nice! I really like how they owned up to al the crap that went on last year in that vid too, especially some of the crazy clipping. This series is definitely headed in the right direction IMO.
I see what you're saying, but I'm kind of the opposite. I don't appreciate how they're showing us how crappy this game was last year and yet they set a $59.99 price tag with it and encouraged us to buy it all the meanwhile. Watch how next year they will do the same with 2K11 versus 2K10.

It just shows how far back this series was in general and how much it needed to catch up.

By the way, it looks like they fixed the scoreboards.

# 8 Blzer @ 02/23/10 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Eh, I'd rather them acknowledge it and at least show they're moving forward than to just act like it never happened.
I certainly understand this, and I'm very glad that they are well aware of what was wrong with last year's game and they have gone great lengths to fix them. But I just don't like how they may have felt we shafted them by not purchasing their game last year. It would have been a lot nicer if they either let VC have a full development cycle or that they skipped a year.

# 9 HK-47 @ 02/23/10 12:27 AM
Looks great!

I love the colors and stadiums in 2k10.

Man, 2k9 looked ugly. It had some weird faded look to it.

# 10 Blzer @ 02/23/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
You have one of 2 choices really, just appreciate that they admitted that 2K9 was bad or not.

Whats done is done and its in the passed. Can be bitter about it all you want, but in the end, it does no good for no one really. Ya either see if you can enjoy and purchase 2k10 or you dont purchase it.
Well, my point in the end was that they more than likely was well aware of these issues, and next year they'll make another comparison video showing the glaring issues we'll find out about 2K10. I mean really, how many gameplay videos have we seen so far? What are they hiding from us? I'm hoping nothing big, but I just hope that they would own up to the stuff now instead of already instead of claiming that this is the most authentic sports simulation available.

Just saying... I hope they can live up to their word. I'm shelling out $120 in baseball games in a year for the first time ever, and I'd really be excited to have two games that I can be proud of playing all year.

# 11 WarDawg58 @ 02/23/10 12:44 AM
It looks great so far. I am just excited for the demo tomorrow.

# 12 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/23/10 12:54 AM
I liked the comparison. Shows a ton of improvements. I can't wait to try out the demo tomorrow.

# 13 kashmir28 @ 02/23/10 01:04 AM
Wow, that was like watching that now famous MLB 2K versus MLB the Show video from last year, just on a much smaller scale.

I'm glad they can acknowledge what utter crap 2K9 turned out to be, just hope they cleaned up other issues that weren't visual, such as franchise issues and the like.

# 14 Tomba @ 02/23/10 01:07 AM
O K faith restored...1 week!

# 15 rckabillyRaider @ 02/23/10 03:24 AM
IMO, the differences are minor in that video and at first glance might even look the same. HOWEVER, thats not necessarily a bad thing. Overall I really did like 2K9, but I just gave up and finally got rid of it because of all the bugs/glitches, especially in the fielding. If the gameplay is fixed, I'm good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.