Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

As reported yesterday, the patch for NBA 2K10 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Update: Details on the NBA 2K10 PC patch, can be found here.

Update #2: Ronnie2K has posted the following.

Update #3: Euro patch is available.

Quote:
"We're pushing all DD's to get in gear and post. Hopeful that it'll happen next week but it's in their hands. That's what I was saying yesterday in my post, maybe it'd be better to wait so all DD's and us lined up, but oh well."

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (USA Patch)

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (Euro Patch)

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tcnumba10 @ 03/20/10 06:51 PM
Damn! I give this game 10/10 after the patch.

Pre-patch i would say 7.5 but now it's awesome. Definitely the best NBA game out there, no longer i feel cheated when I lose. I was even happy when I lose to the Spurs just now since Duncan and Manu were doing their thing, bankers and slashing respectively. If they only added a bit more contact I would be totally satisfied, but nevertheless, i feel it's the best basketball video game right now in terms of simulation.

# 42 kilmar1 @ 03/21/10 01:13 AM
Anyone able to do the 360 dunks after patch? I'm just trying shootaround in My Player with J. Rich who has two 360 dunks and I can't do them.

# 43 Goffs @ 03/21/10 07:22 AM
i dont have the patch yet since im on Steam but i have a question...did the patch fix the sound issues? like the ball and sneaker sounds not being audible....i have to use the alchemy trick to make the sound work..

# 44 Dirkk1974 @ 03/21/10 10:15 AM
No, the patch doesnt fix anything related on sound. No sound on bouncing the ball and the crowd reacts still the same way as pre patch, very ugly.

# 45 tril @ 03/21/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i dont have the patch yet since im on Steam but i have a question...did the patch fix the sound issues? like the ball and sneaker sounds not being audible....i have to use the alchemy trick to make the sound work..
I checked after I read your question and
I did hear squeaky sneakers and the ball bouncing, but its kind of low.
but I think thats how the game has always been. I guess it depends on your sound card.

# 46 tcnumba10 @ 03/21/10 04:51 PM
Guys, after experimenting with the post patch, I am very satisfied with the gameplay.

I left everything all the game sliders at 50 (default), lowered vertical to 35 and increased defensive awareness to 55. And now the game play is perfect. It seems that game is great with the default gameplay sliders except for a few tweeks. Damn i'm loving this game now (cpu big man like Kaman, Amare are really dominating me inside with their post-moves! pre-patch not so much)

# 47 Boge @ 03/22/10 02:57 AM
So far I haven't really seen much difference in My Player. I started over, so I haven't gotten to any of the contract issues.

Not many fouls. No ball bouncing sounds. They sub me in and then out like 5 seconds apart still. I'm a small forward and they have point me at PG which is a little odd. Assists are stingy.

I got the hair issue fixed that I posted about above. I have the Gamersgate version and it installs a new .exe file which I wasn't running. I was still using the old one.

# 48 fearwhatnow @ 03/22/10 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
So far I haven't really seen much difference in My Player. I started over, so I haven't gotten to any of the contract issues.

Not many fouls. No ball bouncing sounds. They sub me in and then out like 5 seconds apart still. I'm a small forward and they have point me at PG which is a little odd. Assists are stingy.

I got the hair issue fixed that I posted about above. I have the Gamersgate version and it installs a new .exe file which I wasn't running. I was still using the old one.
You need to run the nba2k10U.exe file which is the updated patched version.If you run nba2k10.exe game runs unpatched.

# 49 jeebs9 @ 03/22/10 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I don't know. After I installed the patch, they were there in white. Now I haven't hooked up the game to the servers at all for the living rosters, maybe that has something to do with it?
Yea you need living roster to fix that problem

# 50 BrianFifaFan @ 03/22/10 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea you need living roster to fix that problem
See, I'm avoiding the servers like the plague. My game runs just perfectly apart from the online features. I turn off my internet connection before I even start the game! I turn it on and have the NBA Today and living rosters running, I get choppy framerates and the game starts to run really hitchy. I'll put up with white headbands!

# 51 jeebs9 @ 03/22/10 11:31 AM
LOL I put up with the headbands for a little while myself. It started to bother me when I started playing with Boston and they had white head bands. Drove me crazy!

# 52 DereckM @ 03/22/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
You need to run the nba2k10U.exe file which is the updated patched version.If you run nba2k10.exe game runs unpatched.
I didnt see this when I patched the game. Is this for a certain version? I have DVD copy.

# 53 Lowpressure32 @ 03/22/10 01:36 PM
I have played 2 games so far and already notice a huge difference. I don't have some of the issues that others r still reporting so I'm really enjoying the changes.

My biggest gripe was with the cpu controlled players allowing wide open threes and jumpers almost every time down court...fixed. The problem with not having total control of my player is fixed too. Oh, and the responsiveness of the controls is dead on. Great job 2K!

# 54 davep @ 03/22/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpressure32
I have played 2 games so far and already notice a huge difference. I don't have some of the issues that others r still reporting so I'm really enjoying the changes.

My biggest gripe was with the cpu controlled players allowing wide open threes and jumpers almost every time down court...fixed. The problem with not having total control of my player is fixed too. Oh, and the responsiveness of the controls is dead on. Great job 2K!
I think it's still way too easy to pass into the paint and although the responsiveness is better it's still not close to CH2k8 unfortunately. Here's to hoping they fix that next year!

# 55 cocobee @ 03/22/10 07:59 PM
Any word on when steam will update?

# 56 Shadak @ 03/22/10 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpressure32

Well for some reason my AI team mates are allowing way too many open men outside and midrange (even on deny ball/play tight pressure). While my open 3pointers go wide a lot lol. I tried upping defense attributes a bit but doesnt seem to help. I recently switched to All-star on X360 and with just few minor tweaks it seems great.

On PC however it seems a lot harder against AI. I guess I need to do more slider tweaking.. or not be lazy and go over to telly + eggbox. But the AA on PC is gorgeous

# 57 blackscorpion11 @ 03/22/10 09:29 PM
I havent played enough to notice the effects i guess, because it seems to be as solid as before.. i dont play online so NBA Today is only good for scores, which i do like. I play on Pro with adjusted sliders to keep the cpu skynet effect from deciding games..I'm winning too much but the sliders are a work in progress..

I havent seen a drastic change since adding the patch.

# 58 Lowpressure32 @ 03/22/10 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Well for some reason my AI team mates are allowing way too many open men outside and midrange (even on deny ball/play tight pressure). While my open 3pointers go wide a lot lol. I tried upping defense attributes a bit but doesnt seem to help. I recently switched to All-star on X360 and with just few minor tweaks it seems great.

On PC however it seems a lot harder against AI. I guess I need to do more slider tweaking.. or not be lazy and go over to telly + eggbox. But the AA on PC is gorgeous
I play with either the Heat, Magic or Bobcats. Heat being lower tier, Bobcats above average and Magic higher tier. So depending on who I choose to play with, the defense gives me something different. Now I'm not sure if the team defense rating is accurate but the better rated the defense the better the overall play suppose to be on that end.

When making tweaks on defense, I do so by maxing out all of the defense related sliders, and while playing a game, make the adjustments accordingly. Of course if I'm playing too strong for the cpu, I back them off until I get a happy medium.

Nothing with this game will ever be perfect so all we can do is try and make the best of what it offers.

# 59 Lowpressure32 @ 03/22/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
stupid question but how do you know for sure the PC patch was applied?...is there a 1.1 version number on the splash screen when you start the game or is there anything significant in the patch I can look for to make sure the patch was actually applied correctly??

Im a bit paranoid
One way you will know is by starting a game, draw a foul or foul the cpu. If the ref bounces the ball to the player at the free throw line, then the patch was applied. If he still throws it to him, the patch wasn't applied.

Also, if the patch wasn't applied, when u start 2k10 and the settings and everything finish loading, u should get a window that tells you that ur version of the game is no longer compatible to play online. It won't allow u to connect to the 2k server.

# 60 cocobee @ 03/22/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
stupid question but how do you know for sure the PC patch was applied?...is there a 1.1 version number on the splash screen when you start the game or is there anything significant in the patch I can look for to make sure the patch was actually applied correctly??

Im a bit paranoid

If you can upload your association blog to the 2k webiste, you have the patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.