Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

As reported yesterday, the patch for NBA 2K10 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Update: Details on the NBA 2K10 PC patch, can be found here.

Update #2: Ronnie2K has posted the following.

Update #3: Euro patch is available.

Quote:
"We're pushing all DD's to get in gear and post. Hopeful that it'll happen next week but it's in their hands. That's what I was saying yesterday in my post, maybe it'd be better to wait so all DD's and us lined up, but oh well."

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (USA Patch)

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (Euro Patch)

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kcm139 @ 03/22/10 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
If you can upload your association blog to the 2k webiste, you have the patch.
i think an even easier way is that if you can even go online or access nba today or if the startupscreen doesnt TELL you you have the wrong version, you should have the patch. :P it kept on rubbing it in my face cause i have steam version, but someone gave me the manual directions to update and i think it worked.

# 62 godsgift2dagame @ 03/23/10 12:16 AM
Just got done playing a game on Hall of Fame with the Nets vs the Lakers. Uh, this game rocks! Is it me or did they widen the court a bit? There was tons more 'room to operate' in regards to slashing & my players rarely left the CPU open for threes like before. I was up 30-24 in the 3rd quarter (5 min quarters) & the CPU actually misses open shots now! Both teams shot in the 45% range & the game was fun as heck! Points in paint are noticeably tougher to make (IMO) & the defense is 10x better. Teammates seem aware on the court now, it seems.

# 63 Bokkeballer @ 03/23/10 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Guys, after experimenting with the post patch, I am very satisfied with the gameplay.

I left everything all the game sliders at 50 (default), lowered vertical to 35 and increased defensive awareness to 55. And now the game play is perfect. It seems that game is great with the default gameplay sliders except for a few tweeks. Damn i'm loving this game now (cpu big man like Kaman, Amare are really dominating me inside with their post-moves! pre-patch not so much)
on what difficulty? what shooting percentages?

# 64 jeebs9 @ 03/23/10 09:30 AM
I'm really happy for the PC guys out there. Looks like you guys got the best part of the deal. I can't wait to get mines. What are the PC requirements? Haven't played a video game on PC in a while.

# 65 tcnumba10 @ 03/23/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokkeballer
on what difficulty? what shooting percentages?
Well, I was playing on Pro before, but changed it to All-Star now b/c it was a bit too easy driving to the rim. I didn't want to increase the CPU on-ball defense slider on Pro b/c that would make it harder for me to shoot (get my mid-range/long-range shots to fall).

Shooting percentages are around 45%-53% for me and the cpu.

# 66 Boge @ 03/23/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
You need to run the nba2k10U.exe file which is the updated patched version.If you run nba2k10.exe game runs unpatched.
Yeah, I just said that at the end of the post you replied to. I am running the patched version, and that post was my impressions of the My Player.

I'm thinking they really didn't change much for My Player and that is why everyone is raving about the patch. They're seeing what I'm not.

# 67 GOBLUE_08 @ 03/23/10 06:22 PM
Does anyone know if they addressed the franchise trades in the patch, because I just simmed a season and saw a few really good players being traded 3 or 4 times within a span of a few months. Kinda dissapointing

# 68 Shadak @ 03/23/10 07:10 PM
Got a little agitated today, Im using man to man but they still leave the players open far too often. Tried going back to PRO , adjusting sliders, still happening (and its a patched version, the refs do bounce balls ) I mostly use tight pressure.

Made a vid as well - watch Webster having all the time in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EXNl-KLHPs

Also another thing that started to annoy me a little. The automatic double team when you just want to run around a player. Didnt find a way to cancel the animation so the man I was guarding gets obviously open mostly for some nice 3

As I said before this stuff doesnt seem to be happening on my xbox version for some reason and I even play the same team with same settings.

# 69 Duke777 @ 03/23/10 07:13 PM
The controls still feel extremely sluggish to me. Part is probably due to me being absolutely awful at anything isomotion (don't know any moves, iso nor in the post) but... is it even possible to use pure scorers, for example, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and create some separation of the dribble for an open J?

I can't hit a jumpshot to save my life post-patch and the computer just destroys me from everywhere. If the refs didn't bounce the ball on freethrows I'd swear I'd be playing NBA 2k10 v0.9 instead of v1.1. It only seems to have gotten worse

Also... is a double-team an automatic turnover now? Stoudemire had 3 TO's on 3 doubleteams with Nash/Richardson standing at most 5 feet away (completely open).

# 70 tcnumba10 @ 03/23/10 09:29 PM
Loving this patch, playing against the Pacers and finally I see Troy Murphy attempting 3s! Pre-patch he didn't even try to shoot a 3! Player Tendencies are alot more noticeable now with the patch.

Before the patch, the tendency values just seem to be numbers w/o meaning but now players play according to their tendencies alot more.

# 71 tril @ 03/24/10 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke777
The controls still feel extremely sluggish to me. Part is probably due to me being absolutely awful at anything isomotion (don't know any moves, iso nor in the post) but... is it even possible to use pure scorers, for example, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford and create some separation of the dribble for an open J?

I can't hit a jumpshot to save my life post-patch and the computer just destroys me from everywhere. If the refs didn't bounce the ball on freethrows I'd swear I'd be playing NBA 2k10 v0.9 instead of v1.1. It only seems to have gotten worse

Also... is a double-team an automatic turnover now? Stoudemire had 3 TO's on 3 doubleteams with Nash/Richardson standing at most 5 feet away (completely open).
you have to exploit matchups.

against stronger defenders- I run Joe Johnson off of Picks for alot of mid range jumpers.
against smaller defenders, I post him and use alot of Iso, cause he can break those guys down fairly easy.

Jamal Crawford, I found is very streaky. but the way to get him going is to have him run the point sometimes, then slide him over to teh sg or sf position.

the CPu controlled team is unforgiving, you just have to make adjustments. its about matchups, and playing fundamental defense.

the patch has improved this game. I have no complaints

# 72 Phobia @ 03/24/10 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke777

Oh yea you can easily use pure scores to break people down and get that seperation for the open J.

Watch little nate here get the seperation for the easy look. he misses but show you how you can make the defense look silly
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1277195

Couple tips on Isomotion
I am not sure how you have your buttons set up. But mine are like this. Clutch is LB and turbo is RB.

- When you square up with someone. Use clutch to throw a couple jab steps, maybe even a pump fake or two.

- Then when you get them moving off balance, a quick tap of clutch or turbo with out moving in a direction will start a dribble move.

- From that position you can do other things such as hold both clutch and turbo and spin stick for a behind the back dribble, spin move, half spin then go, etc all while hold either one or both of the clutch turbo buttons.

Using the moves at hand and watching the defender closely you can tell when you get them shook.

# 73 tcnumba10 @ 03/24/10 10:54 AM
Is anyone else finding the games to be tougher to win now. But I like it, it makes the game more challenging.

After 15 games with the Raptors in my Association, i'm last in the Eastern Conference :P, before the patch I was probably top 6 at least.

# 74 Phobia @ 03/24/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Is anyone else finding the games to be tougher to win now. But I like it, it makes the game more challenging.

After 15 games with the Raptors in my Association, i'm last in the Eastern Conference :P, before the patch I was probably top 6 at least.
If steam ever gets off their lazy *** I would be able to answer you. But since it looks like us steam DD guys are stuck waiting. I might never know lol

Last time I am buying a product off of steam.

# 75 RunN1st @ 03/24/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
If steam ever gets off their lazy *** I would be able to answer you. But since it looks like us steam DD guys are stuck waiting. I might never know lol

There is a work around that I've used that works like a charm. Check the 2ksports site.

# 76 tcnumba10 @ 03/24/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

Ya, I bought a steam version b/c I couldn't find the DVD copy in stores till like 2 months ago. When I found it at EB, i bought it cause I didn't want to download the steam version again when i switch to my other laptop. + it was only 20 bucks. Probably should buy a DVD copy if you see one, and I just converted all my saved files + mods from the steam to the DVD copy, that way I was able to start where I left off.

BTW, had a fantastic game playing against the Bobcats, before the patch, S-Jax didn't score much and didn't even post up like he does in real life. But now, he was killing me, dominating my smaller SG, by backing him up for either a fade-away or a turn around move! Jax got me for 40pts, while Wallace had 19pts and Boris Diaw actually shot a clutch 3 to make the game close under a minute to go. But i still managed a win in a very close game! It was very realistic, PIP was 28pts for the Bobcats btw.

Overall, cpu players really play up to their tendencies, like I mentioned before I Troy Murphy hit me up with some clutch 3s and Granger was shooting alot. Today Jax was doing his thing (backing me up + an occasional 3) while Gerald Wallace was attacking the rim.

# 77 cocobee @ 03/24/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
There is a work around that I've used that works like a charm. Check the 2ksports site.
I bought the steam version and this will be the last time i buy from them too. Where is it on the 2k site? Thanks.

# 78 Lowpressure32 @ 03/25/10 05:21 PM
My brother was telling me yesterday that steam drags their feet when it comes to putting an update out for less popular games purchased from them. He experienced the same problem with another game last year where the patch was released on other sites 3 weeks to a month prior to steam releasing it.

I just went and purchased the DVD copy of 2k. I will never purchase another sports title through them again..heck, may never purchase another game from them period.

# 79 Lowpressure32 @ 03/25/10 05:43 PM
Just a little something I noticed in my player mode.

I thought that the option to bring up the off the ball player options was just a summer league/training camp restriction thing. Now that I made the bobcats at the PG position, I tried using the off ball option to call for a pick in game and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if someone else posted this already but this isn't good.

I use this option often especially when I play with Orlando outside of my player mode due to their style of play. I'm not sure if 2k is attempting to simulate the screen by having the cpu execute it on its own but that doesn't work for me. Hope this goes away in the next installment!

# 80 Goffs @ 03/26/10 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpressure32
My brother was telling me yesterday that steam drags their feet when it comes to putting an update out for less popular games purchased from them. He experienced the same problem with another game last year where the patch was released on other sites 3 weeks to a month prior to steam releasing it.

I just went and purchased the DVD copy of 2k. I will never purchase another sports title through them again..heck, may never purchase another game from them period.
yeah i expected this from Steam...when the PC version of COD WaW had their games patched it took close to half a month for steam to patch theirs....

i have tons of games to play so 2k10 not being patched on time doesnt really bother me much...all im doing is modding the players, courts, etc etc...once the game is patched at least i will have one good looking accurate game

2k10 mod site for the curious
http://downloads.moddingway.com/index.php?game=5

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.