Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. Jean Adams, the Art Director talks about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting.

Quote:
"Without getting too much into the art/technical details, we wanted to talk about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting. This lighting technique allows us to more accurately control the material properties of everything that makes up the player. To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you’ll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light. Colors are less saturated and react to lighting in a more realistic way. You might remember looking at previous versions of NCAA Football and feeling like things were too saturated and flat. We think we’ve addressed these issues thanks to this new level of control."

NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Squeezee12 @ 03/25/10 07:16 PM
Those screens look great! Truly getting excited for this game! Cant wait for more info.

# 42 GoToledo @ 03/25/10 07:17 PM
Screens are looking great, as usual. I will wait and see if they look half as good in motion. The animations needed far more work than the graphics IMO.

# 43 ditchrider1 @ 03/25/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
O H I O man I can't wait.
It looks good overall but the red strip on the Buckeyes helmet is still way too wide. It makes most of the stripe red and it should be equal parts red and white...just me analyzing but it is distracting if you play with them alot. Last year I had to switch all of their helmets to a certain type in the game because it narrowed the stripes a bit and it looked better.

# 44 TheWatcher @ 03/25/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
there is no way in hell that for one minute I will believe these shots are real/in game.

EA has done every year, throw these pics at us and then when the game comes out the graphics look nothing like these early screens.

If real, screen looks great.
My issue is that they always shows shots and angles that are never actually in-game. These should be showing up in cut scenes and auto-replays, but they never do.

# 45 cowboy_kmoney @ 03/25/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Just looking at the comparisons I dont see how people cant see the difference in lighting of the Texas jersey. I am also they threw in "dont worry we know gameplay comes 1st" at the end to shut up all of those act like EA only cares about looks. I can see an huge difference in the direction ea are going in this year than last. July cant come fast enough.
Hiro man you said a mouth full because my hands are sweating and i cant wait to get my hands on this years game. Man i hope they added real time injuries and make the injuries matter as well as coaching changes.

# 46 bigmike20000 @ 03/25/10 07:33 PM
new equipment looks nice, i just wonder how those knee braces are going to look under socks, i mean IOWA has pro-style socks and will cover those up

# 47 countryboy @ 03/25/10 07:50 PM
ask MLB'10 The Show how much better a game can look due ot the lighting.

# 48 SageInfinite @ 03/25/10 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
My issue is that they always shows shots and angles that are never actually in-game. These should be showing up in cut scenes and auto-replays, but they never do.
Exactly. EA does NOT allow you to get immersed in their games and they really don't show off the work they do on the graphics well.

# 49 St3fN_sTrApS @ 03/25/10 08:09 PM
The game looks fantastic! I just got of work and was not expecting to get two new screens and a blog!

If you look closely it seems that we'll be able to choose what type of cleat color a player will wear. In the UT vs OSU screen all the Texas players are pretty much wearing the black and burnt orange Nike Vapors except for one of the linemen in the background. Pretty sweet if we can choose.

# 50 Cusefan @ 03/25/10 08:10 PM
Graphics look nice, but Presentation is where I am concerned with NCAA football.

# 51 statum71 @ 03/25/10 08:16 PM
Impressed. Looking much better. Not that 10 was horrible but this is a huge improvement.

# 52 TreyIM2 @ 03/25/10 08:20 PM
Now, when they first showed off the FIRST screen shot a week or so ago, I thought the game looked HOT but didn't want to get ahead of myself yet did say the screen shot looked pretty good (I forget my exact words).

However, with these new screen shots, I must say that the game looks HOT. My jaw nearly dropped when I seen them. I will say, though, that the screen shot from NCAA 10, on the page, is sorta comparable to the NCAA 11 shots they used on that same page.
Ironically, earlier today, I stopped in a Best Buy and just decided to play the NCAA 10 demo for the PS3, since I don't have the actual game anymore, and all I could think is how saturated the colors are in that game. I still like the game and it looks more vivid on the Bravia they use at the PS3 kiosk (I notice this on all the Bravias. I want a Bravia :| ) than on my Aqous at home. The colors REALLY jump out at u on a Bravia but anyway, it's ironic how much I was thinking about the color saturation while playing 10 before coming home and reading this article.

Oh, and I HOPE they use this new tech for Madden 11 but looking at those 2 screen shots of Madden 11, I don't think they are, unless they can add it in later.

# 53 bpac55 @ 03/25/10 08:58 PM
Those cleats bring a tear to my eye...finally no more faking different cleats wtih ankle tape!!

# 54 Pacman83 @ 03/25/10 09:03 PM
Love both games this year. But even though this looks sexy, lets hope it doesnt lose the luster when i pick up the sticks...and Madden doesnt have to change graphically, just how it handles.

# 55 Watson @ 03/25/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
They look exactly like they do last year. THEY ARE THE SAME MODELS. What don't people understand about that? IT'S THE SAME PLAYER MODELS. EA DID NOT CHANGE PLAYER MODELS. I feel like I'm babysitting in the NCAA forums.
He meant the lighting makes them looks more realistic.

# 56 TheShizNo1 @ 03/25/10 09:19 PM
So............nothing on gameplay yet?

# 57 SageInfinite @ 03/25/10 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
They look exactly like they do last year. THEY ARE THE SAME MODELS. What don't people understand about that? IT'S THE SAME PLAYER MODELS. EA DID NOT CHANGE PLAYER MODELS. I feel like I'm babysitting in the NCAA forums.
Relax man, I said they look more realistic. I didn't say they changed them. Whether it's the lighting, equipment or whatever, they look more realistic to me.

# 58 stoncold32 @ 03/25/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Exactly, those that say there is no difference, just look at the pics comparing the 2 games.

And those not happy with what this blog was about, relax.
I'm no graphics fiend....but this illustrates one of my main issues with this game. The Longhorn helmet in '10 looks more like a cream color, rather than the white it appears as in '11.

Hopefully the gameplay improvements can match. :- (

# 59 kjhen @ 03/25/10 09:28 PM
from the looks of the screens it seems that EA only added 1 new helmet into the game which is the Revo Speed. If that's the only new helmet in the game i'm going to be infuriated! they would be leaving out the ION Schutt 4D, Schutt Air XP, Xenith. C'mon EA!!

# 60 stoncold32 @ 03/25/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Well, they have to choose carefully and get them in the just the right spots. You know the guys on here(myself included) will be looking in the background at the blocking and other stuff. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike20000
new equipment looks nice, i just wonder how those knee braces are going to look under socks, i mean IOWA has pro-style socks and will cover those up
I think you Iowa guys better be concerned about getting your basic jerseys correct, foremost. LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.