Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshot comparison of Philip Rivers in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 10. Huge upgrade? Slight upgrade? What are your thoughts?

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jclentzthadon @ 03/26/10 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Really no difference slight better lighting but thats it. The difference in NCAA is way more noticeable.
Kinda like the gameplay between the 2 games.

Graphics, whatever. They will both look fine. Gameplay, gameplay and more gameplay...

Screen shot look really clean though

# 22 TreyIM2 @ 03/26/10 07:49 PM
The Madden 11 pic looks sharper. Otherwise, no diff in graphics. I can't say it's lighting due to I don't know what the lighting situation is like in either pic based on weather and indoor/outdoor (Madden 11 pic) lighting.

# 23 bpac55 @ 03/26/10 08:14 PM
anyone notice the other new picture of boldin against the dolphins?

# 24 SouthernBrick @ 03/26/10 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
The Madden 11 pic looks sharper. Otherwise, no diff in graphics. I can't say it's lighting due to I don't know what the lighting situation is like in either pic based on weather and indoor/outdoor (Madden 11 pic) lighting.

Sharper is a good word word for it. Just has more definition to it which you can clearly tell especially when It comes to the helmet(the entire helmet). Every little detail on the helmet looks more defined.

# 25 statum71 @ 03/26/10 09:29 PM
Good upgrade to me.

11 looks like Philip Rivers. 10 looks like a "pretty good representation" of Philip Rivers.

# 26 statum71 @ 03/26/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Exactly, I am not really one to be like "fix gameplay and ignore everything else". I see all sorts of other problems besides gameplay that need to be fixed but why waste so much of the game's space and resources as well as so much time on getting all these graphics perfect? I can see wanting players to have the correct equipment or having a large selection of alternate uniforms but really when it comes to details of this small of a level how much time do most of us spend while playing the game actually looking at the player's faces? Most may look once or twice but after that not so much.
I don't think its "wasting resourses." MLB The Show has proven for years now that you can have beautiful graphics as well as great gameplay.

Thats why everybody is chasing The Show. And thats what SCEA does for The Show, they tweak it little by little and each year it looks more and more like TV.

I think Madden's taking the right steps

# 27 blackscorpion11 @ 03/26/10 11:26 PM
The top looks HD, the bottom looks standard.. Looks nice, gameplay is STILL king!!

Slight upgrade

# 28 blackscorpion11 @ 03/26/10 11:30 PM
Thats most likely a replay shot anyway

# 29 leo2k2ndc @ 03/27/10 09:29 AM
The Madden 11 pic smoother, but I think the Madden 10 skin and brows look more realistic ... LoL

# 30 HeavyHitter55 @ 03/27/10 12:04 PM
There is a slight upgrade, but I really don't care about the facial expressions when gameplay is how it is at the current moment

# 31 Mr_Riddick @ 03/27/10 03:29 PM
After seeing this screen I think this year madden will be well balanced as far as graphics and gameply. Let's just hop I'm right. And this year madden will be back to its true form.

# 32 PGaither84 @ 03/27/10 03:34 PM
The face looked better, however, the jersey looked worse. His face looks more photo realistic where, by comparison, the M10 picture looks more like a video game character. M10 looks amazing. I don't doubt that M11 will look amazing as well. Game play please.

# 33 RogueHominid @ 03/27/10 03:38 PM
It looks to me like the shot from '11 has less of that Madden glow on the jersey and helmet. But the Austin and Boldin screens were glowing in full effect. Hard to tell which will be the final look. I'm for the matte finish myself.

# 34 TheWatcher @ 03/27/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Niiiiice.

Is it my imagination, or does the Madden 11 helmet appear slightly larger relative to the player's face than before? In the M'10 pic Rivers looks like he is wearing one of those plastic helmets you see in those NFL Youth uniform sets.
LOL. But even that isn't as bad as how they made Peyton Manning look like his helmet had ben squished on both sides. It always make me think of the guy from The Kids In the Hall who went around crushing people's heads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbETsbv1NZ4

... Ha.

I just hope that along with texture upgrades on the players, they also get the skintone right this year. In my opinion, you can't tout player authenticity when the players don't have the right tones.

# 35 mjh91 @ 03/28/10 01:20 AM
Madden 11 looks sharper than Madden 10 from that picture.

# 36 afro_dogg20 @ 03/28/10 02:36 AM
Nice upgrade.....I thought the Madden 11 pic was real.

# 37 Furq @ 03/28/10 03:10 AM
It looks nicer, but it's not a large enough difference to be noticeable during gameplay

# 38 jclentzthadon @ 03/28/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
It looks nicer, but it's not a large enough difference to be noticeable during gameplay
Fixing the running animations would make every player LOOK noticably better while actually in a game and not in a replay.

# 39 babyfat9 @ 03/28/10 09:30 AM
Looks good but how often does one play a close up game to see the details in the face. I rather EA overhaul player models and make them look more realistic...don't make everyone look ripped because most players like Linemen, quarterbacks, are not ripped.

# 40 roadman @ 03/28/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
The difference is so minuscule its not even really worth discussion. I'm already skeptical of Madden 11 because if this is the only thing they have to talk about (i.e. lighting and minor graphical upgrades) then we are in for another year of mediocrity
Patience. It's not even April. We are just receiving crumbs of information. They are not loading the big guns now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.