Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 video, featuring close up footage.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 06:15 PM
NCAAFOOTBALL 2K12 NEXT YEAR HOPEFULLY!!!!

# 42 Pacman83 @ 04/19/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Actually, upon further thought, it's not like EA said that the WHOLE animation engine was revamped so it should mostly look like NCAA usually looks like. The locomotion addition will add locomotion related animations along with other new animations here and there but that's about it. I think I was expecting too much based on those facts.
Exactly. Same engine, same animations, just tuned more. At best it'll feel more real this year--think along the lines of NCAA BB10. Just expect the stadium atmosphere to be better, and tuned gameplay, not a new game. Yea, some of the ugly animations are still there.

# 43 bonannogiovanni @ 04/19/10 06:15 PM
This is the first gameplay footage of NCAA 10 back in march 09:

Now even if today's video looks good but not great, don't you see a major improvement in the running animations?

# 44 BroMontana82 @ 04/19/10 06:16 PM
glad they put something out and we should all realize this isn't a final build but it is a little worrying to see all of that sliding, warping and ice skating. i thought the locomotion was taken from the FIFA technology? also yeah, they need to work on some player models for sure. but some of the stuff is definitely promising and at least they put something out this early, probably knowing they would get harsh feedback.

# 45 marcoyk @ 04/19/10 06:18 PM
That Ohio St. play really got to me. Absolutely no momentum and not even a turning animation. Also, the no-look catching was pretty bad. Also, the Stanford cornerback clip looked really bad. I don't see why they don't make the cornerbacks simply LOOK at the wide outs for goodness sake. I also felt like a lot of the jukes and spins were too arcade-like and jumpy. Another thing: the Stanford player shouldn't have gotten destroyed by the Oregon defender. The Stanford player had SO much more momentum. AND that Clemson spin was hideous.

BUT

I felt like the graphics were absolutely beautiful. And I was really impressed with how the QBs were looking. Also, the Florida and Notre Dame clips looked really good as far as momentum and physics were concerned. I also liked the Ole Miss clip. The little animations in those three clips really made it good. Loved how Snead was trying to protect his face while on the ground and how the pressure made the throw inaccurate (crazy concept, I know). The Florida's turn was beautiful along with his lob-like (I think) throw due to the hit. The Notre Dame QB's deceleration back-pedaling also looked really nice. I just don't feel like these physics applied to the other players.

Overall, not too happy about it just because of all of the talks of momentum, but the graphics were beautiful and there were some clips of beauty (along with hideousness). Looking forward to seeing more. Not getting worried because the game isn't out for months.

# 46 LionsFanNJ @ 04/19/10 06:18 PM
Now even if today's video looks good but not great, don't you see a major improvement in the running animations?[/quote]

I don't think anyone is denying that, but the issue is that it doesn't seem the locomotion/momentum is implemented much at all. I mean aren't there transition animations when the players turn? some footplanting at least?

# 47 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/19/10 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
For marketing purposes, thats the wrong video to put out there, lol. Especially, for OS viewers. I'm on board regardless, I liked Madden 10 so I'm pretty sure I'll get into this one.

Man, I wish they'd switch the DE shoulder dip animation to something else, or at least add to it. Like a hand plant to give the illusion of catching his balance or something.
Thank you. I'm glad you caught that aswell. I thought I was the only one who really notice that. That same crap happens in madden 10 alot aswell. They need to make where he is doing a swim move effect instead of the shoulder dip junk. It looks ugly and unreal.

# 48 GatorChomp1 @ 04/19/10 06:24 PM
Yeah I'm not going to read too much into this video. There is still some time for them to perfect game play and locomotion before they put the game out. I don't have over the top expectations anyway, just want a game I can enjoy that's as realistic as possible. Though I realize that there are some things that will never be completely realistic or exact. Just keep making progress from last years game.

# 49 da ThRONe @ 04/19/10 06:24 PM
This video has let some air out of the NCAA 11 "Game of the Year" sails.

# 50 Crimsontide27 @ 04/19/10 06:31 PM
Honestly folks...after 5 years of next gen football and this development team, why do you still seem to fall for the hype...hook , line , and sinker each and every year.

I cant browse the forums without seeing the word " Locomotion " in every other post like it was going out of style. Only one other poster seemed to remember that Locomotion was a huge buzz word and was going to revitilized the way we played football back in 2009 Madden.

Until there is a complete overhaul of the entire development team, we can not expect to see this series evolve in any reasonable manner of time.

There is no difference between 2010 and what I just saw. Sure...someone might notice that you can have a longer sock length or adjust their jock strap, but other than that....there is not one positive thing in that video that hasnt been seen.

# 51 Watson @ 04/19/10 06:34 PM
Sandbagging.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 04/19/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This video has let some air out of the NCAA 11 "Game of the Year" sails.
That ship shouldn't have even ever been placed in the water, lol.

# 53 shad_moss93 @ 04/19/10 06:37 PM
Man d@mn, It looked good on paper.

# 54 LionsFanNJ @ 04/19/10 06:40 PM
Man, i'm now in the wait and see more vids mode now before i get all excited again, unless there's some magnificent news in the next blog which i doubt.

# 55 dill911 @ 04/19/10 06:41 PM
man im speechless some one said it perfectly about it being a buzzkill but everything we have all been excited for and talking about . . . that video just completely slapped us all in the face. The train has been derailed

# 56 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/19/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
here we go os jumping on a bomb... everybody going crazy
Yep people are all of a sudden jumping to conclusion in the first video of the year for ncaa 11. There is still a ton of time before it goes gold. I'm sure they know what needs to be fix and all. People really need to chill out stop going over the edge over one video. I just wonder how this place will explode on thursday night after the madden trailer is aired on spike. Lord knows the mods better be ready then.

# 57 sportzbro @ 04/19/10 06:48 PM
Ummmm....what the hell was that? Tell me that was a very early version..

# 58 SageInfinite @ 04/19/10 06:50 PM
Honestly after all these years and how things have played out, I don't think anyone is jumping the gun. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see that happening.

# 59 boredhusband @ 04/19/10 06:51 PM
i am disappoint

# 60 ty5oke @ 04/19/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly after all these years and how things have played out, I don't think anyone is jumping the gun. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see that happening.
I believe I am always going to doubt this game until I'm proven wrong one of these years. Hopefully that day will come.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.