Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 video, featuring close up footage.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ch46647 @ 04/19/10 06:53 PM
As someone praying for Madden and NCAA to return to their glory years, and surpass them, that was a downright terrible video...

# 62 starsuper10 @ 04/19/10 06:54 PM
And who said player models aren't important. Players just look to bulky. WR's look like TE's and DE's look like NG's. Don't get me started on player movement. Very disappointed with this first video. I hope this footage is from a extremely old build.

Not saying I didn't see some things I like but the negatives far out weight the positives

# 63 SteelerSpartan @ 04/19/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly after all these years and how things have played out, I don't think anyone is jumping the gun. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see that happening.

yeah as much as I want to tell myself we'll see something much better later this summer.....I know in my heart thats highly unlikely

Im just pretty much hoping for some phenomenal slider tools and some great presentation..............oh and maybe having the penalty system be functional

# 64 SteelerSpartan @ 04/19/10 06:55 PM
The DB's running the wrs route without even looking, needs to ffffing stop

# 65 dill911 @ 04/19/10 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Yep people are all of a sudden jumping to conclusion in the first video of the year for ncaa 11. There is still a ton of time before it goes gold. I'm sure they know what needs to be fix and all. People really need to chill out stop going over the edge over one video. I just wonder how this place will explode on thursday night after the madden trailer is aired on spike. Lord knows the mods better be ready then.
okay well then what were they thinking releasing that video? trust me im completley optimistic still but that video completely destroyed our expectations right now. If the devs know its bad why did the release it? im sorry but that video does not give out any hope

# 66 Crimsontide27 @ 04/19/10 06:58 PM
I can tell from your very recent join date that you must not be aware that this is the same cycle of events we have every year.

Pre-hype hysteria

Dev diary - blogs etc

Community proclaims beST GamE eVah!!

Subpar videos released

Community proclaims they are alpha builds, not to panic

Same members get the game early and proclaim beST GamE eVah again...released game is nothing like the videos

Hype resumes full throttle

2000 post thread on "When and where did you get it " thread

Rest of forum gets the game and notices game is exact same as video / demo etc that was reported to be " alpha build " video.

The folks that get the game earlier finally admit that maybe in their excitement they exaggerated about the game being improved.

600 post thread on "Bugs and Glitches thread"

500 post thread on " What should be in patch 1 and 2 thread "

200 post thread started on " Wishlist for 2012"

" Im done with EA and their fooball games and not buying another one" threads pop up and get locked "

Repeat cycle and just change the year.

It never fails, every year this is the pattern. Its as sure as the sun rising every morning.

# 67 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/19/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill911
okay well then what were they thinking releasing that video? trust me im completley optimistic still but that video completely destroyed our expectations right now. If the devs know its bad why did the release it? im sorry but that video does not give out any hope
I really have no clue. The EA Marketing department is the only people who knows the answer at this point. Blame them are EA DEV team for this one. I'm just a poster here giving my opinion.

# 68 dill911 @ 04/19/10 07:01 PM
well crimsontide27 first of all thats not that recent haha and yes i know the cycle i completely remember everything last year. but i must say that was a pretty good recap of what happens hahaha

# 69 SageInfinite @ 04/19/10 07:02 PM
It's sad that EA can't break that cycle.

# 70 sportzbro @ 04/19/10 07:02 PM
LOL Crimsontide27... sad but true it seems.

# 71 dill911 @ 04/19/10 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I really have no clue. The EA Marketing department is the only people who knows the answer at this point. Blame them are EA DEV team for this one. I'm just a poster here giving my opinion.

haha i know me too dude but man i was and am really really excited for this game. i mean i got home from school a huge smile appeared on my face when i saw there was a video and by the end of the video i was just frozen in shock ahha i feel like twenty different emotions right now but mostly im surprised hah

# 72 ThaShark28_316 @ 04/19/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
The DB's running the wrs route without even looking, needs to ffffing stop
You ain't lying. I'm tired of telekinesis football.

These DBs know EVERYTHING...wtf.

# 73 NoTiCe_O @ 04/19/10 07:04 PM
Wow, too think .. I thought this was gonna be my first ever NCAA Football purchase, I'll pass. Feet don't plant, locomotion looks meh, and the physics still aren't up tp par. Hopefully Madden is somewhat better.

# 74 Rivals @ 04/19/10 07:05 PM
Dang...

# 75 noplace @ 04/19/10 07:08 PM
horrid! Its obvious EA cant capture football. Maybe tweeks will come to make it run more smooth but that was horrible in every since of the word.

# 76 Gosens6 @ 04/19/10 07:14 PM
I'm usually never one to criticize this early, but, this is the one year I expected SOOO much more from this game. Last years game was a fun multi player experience, it was like the football version of Super Smash Bros. The single player experience was just bad, but i'm sure everyone here at OS knows that.

After seeing the screenshots for this game, and reading all the blogs I tried to keep my excitement to a minimum while still remaining optimistic. The shots looked good, the blog about locomotion sounded great, and who wouldn't love ESPN integration?

After seeing that video I came away as everyone else did, let down and a bit angry. It's finally dawning on me that EA is slapping us in the face every single year. More so this year with it's promise of a so called "Locomotion" engine and adopting Maddens pro-tak. Locomotion was BARELY noticable and I saw not one gang tackle in that entire video.

Why I fell into the EA hype train this year I don't know. Maybe it's the charm of Tim Tebow that made me believe the game would actually be a good one. I can continue to remain optimistic and wait for more videos/demo to be released but as of right now it just feels like i'm falling out of love with a girlfriend of 10+ years and I know it will be over soon. Not a good feeling.

# 77 Gossennator @ 04/19/10 07:15 PM
I would say something constructive but everybody pretty much pointed out what needs work...I just dont see them making any changes to those awful looking animations

At least the Madden trailer debuts Thursday night.

# 78 sinc79 @ 04/19/10 07:16 PM
I agree, this looks almost the same. I can tell that they added more animations, but they did that last year. It's hard to see locomotion when you've got a close-up and they slow the tape down. In any event, two things still look silly; the way they run and the bulky player models.

Not mad at this point, just so disapointed. Why can't they capture the look and feel of an athlete? MLB the Show does, FIFA does, Madden sorta does, heck NCAA PS2 did. I will still get the game, but I'm just not as excited anymore. I have to say this kinda sucks.

# 79 MrOctober430 @ 04/19/10 07:17 PM
I called it.

# 80 marcoyk @ 04/19/10 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I can tell from your very recent join date that you must not be aware that this is the same cycle of events we have every year.

Pre-hype hysteria

Dev diary - blogs etc

Community proclaims beST GamE eVah!!

Subpar videos released

Community proclaims they are alpha builds, not to panic

Same members get the game early and proclaim beST GamE eVah again...released game is nothing like the videos

Hype resumes full throttle

2000 post thread on "When and where did you get it " thread

Rest of forum gets the game and notices game is exact same as video / demo etc that was reported to be " alpha build " video.

The folks that get the game earlier finally admit that maybe in their excitement they exaggerated about the game being improved.

600 post thread on "Bugs and Glitches thread"

500 post thread on " What should be in patch 1 and 2 thread "

200 post thread started on " Wishlist for 2012"

" Im done with EA and their fooball games and not buying another one" threads pop up and get locked "

Repeat cycle and just change the year.

It never fails, every year this is the pattern. Its as sure as the sun rising every morning.
perfectly done. I wish it wasn't true though...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.