Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 11 blog, featuring dual stick control.

Quote:
"Of course, in previous versions of Madden NFL you could perform your standard jukes and spins on the right stick. With a flick to the left or right, a juke animation was executed. When the juke animation ended, you could start up another juke or a spin. In Madden NFL 11 with Dual Stick Control, you can now perform cut moves which are the foundation of the new juke and spin moves we've added. On its own, a cut move is a great way to fake out a defender or just make a quick direction change. The real power of cut moves are due to the fact that they represent the footwork that sets up jukes and spin moves.

After you've made a cut, you can start a juke animation by flicking the stick back the opposite direction of the cut you are currently in. If you want to break down and set up the defender before your juke, quickly flick left and right a few times and, whichever direction is flicked last, the ball carrier will juke in that direction. When in the open field with a bit more time to cut in one direction, wait for the defender to bite, if/when he does, quickly juke back the other way and leave him stumbling. Here is a video of the cut and juke moves."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 phant030 @ 04/22/10 06:32 PM
Good read. I hope the CPU uses these moves and controls.

# 22 SteelerSpartan @ 04/22/10 06:38 PM
gameplay,gameplay, gameplay

# 23 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/22/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hate to be another Debbie Downer, and havent' watched the videos yet, but some of you guys bring up a great point, we get these videos every year and then the actual game doesn't have the stuff from the videos in it. I wonder if they create these videos with the intention of getting it into the game but then it just proves difficult and ends up cut a lot of the time.

So take these videos with a huge grain of salt. I'm talking like the grain of salt is like a big, white dining room table size of salt.
I think the same things every time I watch these videos. The only thing that gets me with these, is that its something that the user actually HAS to control. I definitely understand you skepticism, but I mean, they officially got rid of certain 'canned' truck animations, by literally eliminating the capability on the controller. So these videos really hap me understand at least that I will definitely need to get use using 'Dual Stick Control', and how they do it.

As for if Locomotion will be fixed/foot planting and all that...although the videos look good, I'm gonna hold judgement.

# 24 blitzkrieger @ 04/22/10 07:11 PM
Well I was praying for improved running and for them to bring back the real juke move and it looks like they are getting there. I wouldnt say its Madden '04 reincarnate but its certainly a "juke" step in the right direction.

Great blog and I really appreciate the fact that the team is trying to get this right.

# 25 Valdarez @ 04/22/10 07:24 PM
I like what I'm seeing thus far, but I want to see contact in the running game and coverage in the defensive game before I can say I'm honestly looking forward to it

# 26 XtremeDunkz @ 04/22/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hate to be another Debbie Downer, and havent' watched the videos yet, but some of you guys bring up a great point, we get these videos every year and then the actual game doesn't have the stuff from the videos in it. I wonder if they create these videos with the intention of getting it into the game but then it just proves difficult and ends up cut a lot of the time.

So take these videos with a huge grain of salt. I'm talking like the grain of salt is like a big, white dining room table size of salt.

yes i understand where you are coming from, that happened ALOT last year. But Ian came in quick this year and said that is exactly why they werent doing weekly blogs this year. Because last year they showed off things that werent implemented yet and they got burned for it. He said this year they weren't talking about anything until it was already working in the game.

# 27 Skyboxer @ 04/22/10 07:30 PM
Ok.. after seeing this I am even more excited about Madden 11

# 28 kcarr @ 04/22/10 07:39 PM
the info on the blog was good and all but watching it I think I just realized one of the major widespread problems in madden. Players take too long of strides. The player models shown and now that I look back those in madden 10 as well take about 2 steps per 5 yards. This is a 7.5 foot stride. Now, I am not exactly a tiny person standing around 6'2" and for me to make a stride that long I would need to pretty much take a running leap. Even when an athlete hits top speed and is striding out 5 feet is a pretty long stride length and that extra 2 feet per stride is causing problems from how the running looks to making just a couple steps make a several yard difference in the success or failure of a play which added in with the warping causes too small of a difference between a 2 yard loss and a 10+ yard gain which basically overpowers the big plays as a method of gameplan and makes ball control strategies worthless.

# 29 TreyIM2 @ 04/22/10 11:16 PM
Went back to see if they fixed the tech vids and they were. The middle and right animations were added that they had mentioned but failed to show earlier. Nothing wowing but it just gives a better sense of what the heck they were talking about. Lol

# 30 xblake16x @ 04/23/10 01:16 AM
i am curious if you can use the locomotion moves as a receiver running routes? i think that would be awesome (:

# 31 elgreazy1 @ 04/23/10 10:57 AM
Great job EA, adding in features from NFL2K5 and feeling the pressure to add it now with BackBreaker making it their exclusive control system. Yes, that's sarcasm, but at the same time we see here how competition is forcing innovation, or in EA's case, forcing them to actually implement new features.

# 32 ODogg @ 04/23/10 04:57 PM
ODogg starts work on a collegiate football game where every single player has dreads or long hair...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.