Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

NCAA Football 11 Designer Ben Haumiller shows off Lighting, ESPN Integration and new replays in NCAA Football 11.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?hide=endscreen&embedCode=xtNjJkMTqB1axPneaZ-7lRdl8heYCZSr&height=340&width=592&autoplay=0">

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 04/26/10 09:15 PM
Ohio State abbreviation has been Bucks for years and it really annoys me, I've seen in the videos as follows: Bama, UF, Oreg, Miss, UF, FSU........I mean come on, how hard is it to make em fit or look like they do in real life, i hope they put Ohio St at least and not that stupid Bucks...

# 42 poster @ 04/26/10 09:22 PM
I didn't notice the QB look over at all during the no huddle, although it is hard to see clearly in this video. Am I missing it?

It would be poor if the QB looked straight ahead when he is supposed to be getting the call from sidelines in these situations.

# 43 moylan1234 @ 04/26/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It's funny how they are saying they can get replays broadcast can't get, when in reality, they game would look so much more realistic with those exact cameras. SMH.
what's funny is that most of those angles ESPN could get very easily, but they just don't because it doesn't look good and it doesn't really tell you anything about the play either

# 44 TheWatcher @ 04/26/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
what's funny is that most of those angles ESPN could get very easily, but they just don't because it doesn't look good and it doesn't really tell you anything about the play either
Thank you.

And, what frustrates me most is that presentation is being pushed so hard this year, but anyone can see that there are tremendous holes. We've been hearing "next year" since 2006 now. It's time to accept that next year just means new year, same wrongheaded philosophy.

# 45 statum71 @ 04/26/10 10:16 PM
I'm liking this so far. Can't wait for football.

# 46 stoncold32 @ 04/26/10 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Wow those unrealistic replays are going to get boring. Why do they keep using the word realistic for the ESPN stuff. I want a TV broadcast, not ESPN overlays
I'm a champion of complaining about NCAA, BUT you're wrong. Matter of fact, name me one game that uses REAL TV presentation on replays. NBA 2K's replays are GREAT, but they aren't what you see in a real game, nor are the replays from The Show.

It's a videogame, and sometiems "unrealistic" stuff comes off better than if they were to do it exactly the way its done in real life.

# 47 moylan1234 @ 04/26/10 10:52 PM
i disagree stoncold, NBA 2K10's replays are way closer to broadcast than what we're seeing here especially their player highlight packages which even end on an isolated reaction shot just like tv does

# 48 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm a champion of complaining about NCAA, BUT you're wrong. Matter of fact, name me one game that uses REAL TV presentation on replays. NBA 2K's replays are GREAT, but they aren't what you see in a real game, nor are the replays from The Show.

It's a videogame, and sometiems "unrealistic" stuff comes off better than if they were to do it exactly the way its done in real life.
NBA 2k10's replays are exactly what you see on TV.

# 49 Solidice @ 04/26/10 10:59 PM
while I don't hate the new replay angles, I do think it's zoomed in a little too far. in the videos from thezoneblitz.com, there was a replay that was so zoomed in, you couldn't even see the ball being thrown. then it kept swapping camera angles so fast you couldn't really get a good look at what was happening.

hopefully the replay system is being tweaked here and there.

there was also a butt shot of a ref when he was signaling a first down(I think it was the same video). why? I don't want to see the ref's butt.

# 50 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Here stoncold, watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5rTvpTDaw

Realistic cameras are used in this whole video
While this is 1 of EA's better efforts, NBA 2k10 is still the best representation of an actual broadcast.

# 51 stoncold32 @ 04/26/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
NBA 2k10's replays are exactly what you see on TV.
Quote:
Here stoncold, watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5rTvpTDaw

Realistic cameras are used in this whole video
No, neither of them are 100% real IMO, they're just alot closer than what we've seen thus far in NCAA '11.

Now I will agree that if every reaply we see in '11 is a close up of a certain player and not showing the play unfolding, that will be disappointing. But I dont think that'll happen.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
No, neither of them are 100% real IMO, they're just alot closer than what we've seen thus far in NCAA '11.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because everything I've seen in NBA 2k10 I've seen on tv.

# 53 TheWatcher @ 04/26/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
there was also a butt shot of a ref when he was signaling a first down(I think it was the same video). why? I don't want to see the ref's butt.
Hmmmmm... Perhaps they're catering to a new demographic

# 54 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Hmmmmm... Perhaps they're catering to a new demographic

# 55 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd98tsi
Some of you will never be happy no matter what they do. I think it looks great compared to the last few years. They aren't forcing you to buy it, so don't. Simple as that.
Agreed. Some people seem never happy no matter what EA does. No game is never going to be perfect. The video was good but nothing really new at this point. I'm just ready to see a full video of the game in play with everything in it at once. Not no alpha build. But good anyway.

# 56 SageInfinite @ 04/27/10 12:47 AM
And some people will be happy with whatever EA does. That's just the way things work. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their purchase.

# 57 moylan1234 @ 04/27/10 01:25 AM
So I guess we're not supposed to give opinions on the info released? K got it, this should be a pretty interesting place for the next two months then.

# 58 BenGerman @ 04/27/10 01:54 AM
Quote:
If everyone stopped giving criticism do you think we'd even be past the first NCAA?
Not a fan of most of what you have said, but well stated. I think everyone should be able to voice what they have to say even when it comes off as negative. If it weren't for that, players would still be skiing around like hockey players.

# 59 23 @ 04/27/10 02:09 AM
Let me stop you before it starts to get personal in here.

Continue on the topic of what upgrades have been made to presentation and all that goes along with that and not on eachother.

# 60 23 @ 04/27/10 02:22 AM
One thing I've learned with these games, whats meaningless to you might not be to someone else when it comes to authentic showing.

Same conversations went on about socks and shoes for a long time.

Dudes need to accept people wont agree with everything you say and that doesnt make anyone wrong.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.