Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Drew Brees video had it in it. Find the thread for it, and I posted the example there.

On this video, if you watch the game behind Phil at 0:52, you'll see a bunch of jerking moves and continued sliding. That's M11 there too, not M10. Until the game looks realistic from a broadcast standpoint, it's never going to look real from the QB vision standpoint. They need better transitional animations during and after the play, and more realistic reactions to whistles at the end of the play.
I'll look for that.

Regarding the jerkiness...that's not evident in the game at all imo. Only that replay broadcast view. Curious what your thoughts were because you had mentioned previously thought you thought it was a rendering issue. Animations seem much smoother imo.

# 22 TheWatcher @ 04/27/10 04:54 PM
It looks like the walking animations were just tweaked. They don't appear to be totally re-done, and if they were they should've kept trying...

The cut scene issue of using good judgment when spotlighting a playmaker seems to not have been addressed

The coaches headset audio sounds too clean. There is no way it's going to sound that clean with 80,000 screaming fans in the background and the coach trying to hear himself speak over all of it. On top of that, the coach is speaking like he's talking to someone next to him in an empty stadium. Some coaching of the audio talent to sound connected to the game situation, and some simple vocal effects would've gone a long way here.

# 23 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
I'll look for that.

Regarding the jerkiness...that's not evident in the game at all imo. Only that replay broadcast view. Curious what your thoughts were because you had mentioned previously thought you thought it was a rendering issue. Animations seem much smoother imo.
Those are definitely two different things. The jerkiness is when they go from a facing forward blocking animation, to a turned around walking away animation because the whistle blew. It's most evident from the broadcast view.

Rendering has to do with making the animations look fluid. It's hard to trust what we see in the videos, as last years look fluid on their videos, but once we got it in, the game lacked fluidity on the animations unless you played it very slow on a replay. Playing on very slow seemed to help a little, but still didn't solve the problem. The game just can't render properly.

# 24 ChampIsHere42 @ 04/27/10 05:07 PM
With all of these videos and everything, it seems like the game is already done..what exactly are they waiting on now? rookies and ratings or what?

# 25 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Those are definitely two different things. The jerkiness is when they go from a facing forward blocking animation, to a turned around walking away animation because the whistle blew. It's most evident from the broadcast view.

Rendering has to do with making the animations look fluid. It's hard to trust what we see in the videos, as last years look fluid on their videos, but once we got it in, the game lacked fluidity on the animations unless you played it very slow on a replay. Playing on very slow seemed to help a little, but still didn't solve the problem. The game just can't render properly.
Yea, those are separate issues, but it's hard to tell what you're referring to when you say jerkiness.. Regarding the fluidity (aka no stuttering or jumping between frames) I believe they've made great strides in this area. Looks much more natural in game. The replay you mention does seem to bring to light some of the after-the-whistle transitions that can certainly see some improving, but I disagree with your statement about the game not rendering properly. Unless things change from these videos, it's got to be one of the more fluid running/looking games out. Doesn't come close to Uncharted or anything but still impressive.

Edit: One reason for the lack of transition animations for after the whistle is probably because of their emphasis on post-whistle cutscenes. In gameplay, after the whistle in 10 (and now probably 11), you're often going to run right into a cutscene focusing on a few well animated players. Puts less emphasis on general transition animations for every player after plays.

# 26 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Unless things change from these videos, it's got to be one of the more fluid running/looking games out. Doesn't come close to Uncharted or anything but still impressive.
Which game are you referring to? M11 or M10? M10 is most definitely not fluid. I don't think M11 will be either. If you watch the vid that had the Drew Brees warm up chant on it, you can see it's not rendering properly. It looks just like M10 did. For the gameplay videos of M11, I don't know what they are running them on. M09 seems to be the version they started having major rendering problems.

# 27 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 05:18 PM
All I can say from looking at the first part of this video. It seemed that they was playing this on rookie. Because Chad Henne was running out side the pocket with ease. The D wasn't even getting near him. I also saw that with a few other QBs in this video to. So that make me think this was played on rookie are pro level. But other then that the gameplay look solid so far. I'm hoping they fixed the pass rush for human user D for this year. In madden 10 the AI on my D would not even get close to the QB unless I was controlling to guy. Hopefully it has been improved.

# 28 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
Which game are you referring to? M11 or M10? M10 is most definitely not fluid. I don't think M11 will be either. If you watch the vid that had the Drew Brees warm up chant on it, you can see it's not rendering properly. It looks just like M10 did. For the gameplay videos of M11, I don't know what they are running them on. M09 seems to be the version they started having major rendering problems.

I'm referring to M11. What do you mean you don't know what they're running them on? They're on dev kits. Sure they have more RAM but that's for debugging, the environment is identical to what they'll be running on when we play it.

Perhaps last year they ran into optimization issues last year which is why you claim the earlier game footage looked more fluid. I don't know. Im just basing it off of the footage I see. Considering its on Youtube which is ****y for playback, I'm impressed.

# 29 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
With all of these videos and everything, it seems like the game is already done..what exactly are they waiting on now? rookies and ratings or what?
Bro the game is far from done. It is still in alpha build. They are still working on alot of stuff to make sure it is working correctly before it goes gold in late July. They are still tweaking and tuning gameplay and working on franchise mode and presention and so on. Just because the video of gameplay looks good doesn't me it is ready. It is far from ready. Still a lot of testing to be done to make sure everything goes right. If it doesn't then fans will be here in late August complaining like every year.

# 30 23 @ 04/27/10 05:26 PM
Weird

# 31 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
I'm referring to M11. What do you mean you don't know what they're running them on? They're on dev kits. Sure they have more RAM but that's for debugging, the environment is identical to what they'll be running on when we play it.

Perhaps last year they ran into optimization issues last year which is why you claim the final game looked less fluid. I don't know. Im just basing it off of the footage I see. Considering its on Youtube which is ****y for playback, I'm impressed.
Pop in Madden 07, and then Madden 09 or 10 and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Or put in APF2K8 and see how fluid the animations are rendered. If those aren't a possibility, then go to a replay in Madden 10 and play it very slow and you'll see how fluid the animations are compared to the game. Seems the rendering problems are easier for 2K gamers to pick out as they are more used to the fluid rendering of the animations.

# 32 joel_g @ 04/27/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Liked the overall vid and the gameplan looks very interesting.

@ 5:13=EPIC FAIL.

Running backs still cannot put there arm out on a line man's back. Instead they get F'n STUCK running in place. I thought they would have added this by now.

Still to this day one of my top pet peeves in the running game. Maybe It's because, It happens to me often or just that that looks horrible and wouldn't happen with a simple animation. I don't know. I'm disappointed.

GOD!!
Damn, calm down. It is not in there YET, but it HAS been confirmed that it will be in the game. So just chill...

# 33 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_g
Damn, calm down. It is not in there YET, but it HAS been confirmed that it will be in the game. So just chill...
Really. Where?

# 34 johnnyg713 @ 04/27/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Liked the overall vid and the gameplan looks very interesting.

@ 5:13=EPIC FAIL.

Running backs still cannot put there arm out on a line man's back. Instead they get F'n STUCK running in place. I thought they would have added this by now.

Still to this day one of my top pet peeves in the running game. Maybe It's because, It happens to me often or just that that looks horrible and wouldn't happen with a simple animation. I don't know. I'm disappointed.

GOD!!
Just made this thread today... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...orks-year.html

you should take a look

Edit: Val take a look too

# 35 SouthernBrick @ 04/27/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Link?

# 36 Only1LT @ 04/27/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Pop in Madden 07, and then Madden 09 or 10 and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Or put in APF2K8 and see how fluid the animations are rendered. If those aren't a possibility, then go to a replay in Madden 10 and play it very slow and you'll see how fluid the animations are compared to the game. Seems the rendering problems are easier for 2K gamers to pick out as they are more used to the fluid rendering of the animations.
I remember how smooth the animations were in Madden 07. They even had the signature running styles in it. I liked the player models better for that version too.

People call me crazy all the time, but Madden 07 on the PS3 (the PS3 version came out later than the 360 version and it had some extra features like gang tackling that the 360 version didn't so that's why I am saying the PS3 version specifically) was probably my favorite Madden of all time. It is also the only Madden to date, besides Madden 99, where you could actually throw passes over a defenders head like you should. If you had a couple steps on a defender in those 2 games and you were running a fly pattern, there was very little chance that the defender was going to leap into the air and swat the ball away from behind. That is how it SHOULD be.

Yes you could throw bombs too easily in that game, but that was because the defensive AI was ********, and also because you threw a perfect pass on just about every throw. If they would make you throw the ball out of bounds or over and under throw the receiver much more on deep passes, and improve the AI, then you wouldn't need your DB to be able to leap that high and knock down passes while trailing an open receiver, which NEVER happens in real life, unless the ball is badly under thrown.

# 37 Only1LT @ 04/27/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Really. Where?
Quote:
Link?
I don't have a link either, but I definitely do remember them saying that there is an animation where the runner puts his hand on the O-Lineman's back.

Now just because they said it doesn't mean that it will definitely be in the game, or that it will trigger properly, but he is 100% right when he says that one of the developers said that it was in the game. Now that I think about it, it might have been said in the locomotion live chat.

Too lazy to look, but they did say it.

# 38 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
You make it like 2k gamers are part of an elite club. I've played 2k games before and I've played a variety of other more recent higher budget games. I don't need to be a "2k gamer" to determine whether or not I think it's fluid or not. Especially when MLB2k10 and most recent 2k games are a jittery mess.

Judge the game on its merits don't bring irrelevent issues into it.

I'm talking about 11. Not 10. I see the issues with 10.

# 39 johnnyg713 @ 04/27/10 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I don't have a link either, but I definitely do remember them saying that there is an animation where the runner puts his hand on the O-Lineman's back.

Now just because they said it doesn't mean that it will definitely be in the game, or that it will trigger properly, but he is 100% right when he says that one of the developers said that it was in the game. Now that I think about it, it might have been said in the locomotion live chat.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/livechat.action

# 40 streamline @ 04/27/10 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

I remember seeing it in an NCAA video so maybe that's why you think it is in Madden and it would be logical for something to be in NCAA to be in Madden, but you never know.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.