Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
if theyre concentrating on momentum, then why do players never plant their feet before making a cut? they still turn on a dime. theyre kidding themselves.
They might just have it in for the runner in the videos, and not the entire team since it's an early build. If they add locomotion for the defense, they are going to have to reprogram their entire defense.

# 62 achain @ 04/27/10 09:01 PM
Did anyone catch the part in the video where they're discussing that the average length of a Madden game is 63 minutes, and one of them says "If you're only spending 17 minutes in the game where play-by-play and color commentary makes sense, how do you fill the rest of that time?"

Its statements like this that make me question if these guys even watch football games on TV at all.

Maybe they should, you know, try watching an actual broadcast presentation that goes for 1 hour of actual game-time and ask themselves that question. It's too sad to even be funny to me

# 63 K_GUN @ 04/27/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
If someone is breaking the TOS report them, thats what the feature is for.
i have now for several posts

just sayin

# 64 roadman @ 04/27/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
Did anyone catch the part in the video where they're discussing that the average length of a Madden game is 63 minutes, and one of them says "If you're only spending 17 minutes in the game where play-by-play and color commentary makes sense, how do you fill the rest of that time?"

Its statements like this that make me question if these guys even watch football games on TV at all.

Maybe they should, you know, try watching an actual broadcast presentation that goes for 1 hour of actual game-time and ask themselves that question. It's too sad to even be funny to me
I think that is reading too much into it. They are just looking to cut the time the game is played, bottom line.

# 65 Eclipso @ 04/27/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think that is reading too much into it. They are just looking to cut the time the game is played, bottom line.
I look at it as the "Farmville effect"

# 66 adub88 @ 04/27/10 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
Running animations are still pretty bad. How is this never addresses?

Players dont 'run'. They 'lumber' along. The speedy guys dont look fluid, and their legs move waaaay too slow.
I will say they look better, but that ain't really saying much. Like you said they still are not running. It still looks like they're jogging just a tad bit faster. I guess we will have to wait till 2013 to finally see fluid running, or fluid animations period.

# 67 lgxjames @ 04/27/10 09:51 PM
I mean.............ok

# 68 jp7588 @ 04/27/10 10:23 PM
I've never really heard anyone complain about how long it takes to play a game. I mean, sure, sometimes I start playing and something comes up and I have to quit. That's not because the games are too long, just bad timing. Most of the people that have problems with finishing games have only asked for one (old) feature...

IN FREAKING GAME SAVES WTF WHY THE HELL I DON'T EVEN.

# 69 CreatineKasey @ 04/27/10 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
Exactly. I have never hear anybody complain that it takes to long to complete a game.

So what does EA do? Work on that, and ignore the more important stuff. Hilarious.
What? Locomotion is extremely important and at the top of many sim gamer's wishlists.

Haters gonna hate... lovers gonna love

I don't wanna do none of the above I wanna..

You know the rest lmao!

# 70 thedude213 @ 04/27/10 11:28 PM
Listen at 4:38.

Ian basically says right out "whats the point in having 300+ plays when most people only use a select few". So instead of fixing the AI and gameplay so they can try to eliminate money plays, let's just throw BS features at the consumer to distract them from the real problems.

# 71 canes21 @ 04/27/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Ok, I'm really getting turn off to the point that I don't even think I'm gonna buy it.

EA completely ignores the fans request of better animations, franchise improvements, in-game saves, and other countless outcries for change and come up with something nobody has complained or worried about like gameflow...I'm so disappointed in the Madden teams efforts to address their fans real concerns right now. Please tell me this isn't for new features...
Locomotion and the catch debugging tool....

Not revealed yet, but planned...

Probably not in, big bummer....(seriously)

2/3 Pretty good, though 5/3 should be their goal every year. Like NCAA, they've added 5 improvements from the survey when they said pick your top 3. Everyone expected 3 improvements.

# 72 Matt10 @ 04/27/10 11:43 PM
Hmmm...gameflow...I will laugh if it's not superstar-mode, where it make sense to be in, right?

Something tells me EA are starting to get it, so I'm assuming it's in Superstar mode. (Superstar is a mode this year right?)

# 73 johnnyg713 @ 04/27/10 11:51 PM
Before every game you have the option to use your own gameplan.. or the teams default gameplan. Think of it as choosing playbooks before everygame.

# 74 ridemooses @ 04/27/10 11:56 PM
I was absolutely ready to drop 100 bucks on this game until Ian mentioned people being able to run wildcat all they wanted. Man, gameplans sound freaking awesome but damn cheesers are going to make this game unbearable. Hopefully they can keep it in their pants most of the time.

I'd still like to see gameplans be more of, on offense we run and when that works you become more effective at it. And on defense we want to stop the pass, and when that happens you get better at that. Integrating what is working with players stats is something I can't wait to see Madden adopt.

# 75 Exonerated @ 04/27/10 11:59 PM
Games do take too long to play.

45-60 minutes for 1 single game is far too long. And when you factor in opponent disconnects and just doesn't seem worth it.

Quicker is definitely good.

# 76 Bash @ 04/28/10 12:13 AM
I liked the playcall system like it is, is there going to be a way to turn this crap off?

# 77 TombSong @ 04/28/10 12:21 AM
Anyone one know ?

How does "game flow" ...flow with accelerated clock ? When do your men actually line up and how much time do they leave you to make adjustments to what you see the defense doing ?

# 78 streamline @ 04/28/10 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Anyone one know ?

How does "game flow" ...flow with accelerated clock ? When do your men actually line up and how much time do they leave you to make adjustments to what you see the defense doing ?
I never thought of that...I think gameflow eliminates any use for an accelerated clock since games are only 30 minutes now. I guess if you combine the two your games would be even shorter.

# 79 mr_president @ 04/28/10 12:41 AM
looked smoother w/better animations than last year but the skating on the field has got to go. there was tons of sliding and gliding. it reminded me of the way the madden games moved on the genesis/snes.

# 80 LeonM @ 04/28/10 01:34 AM
I like the gameplan feature alot. Different packages like 3rd and short etc. It's a pretty cool addition to Madden.

Mapping all the controls to the analog stick is a smart and logical idea.

Gameflow and the whole voice over coach thing looks corny as hell. This whole shorten the game thing is a gimmick and not even really a pressing need to improve Madden.

These are early builds so I don't want to bury it yet but to me the running does not look natural. Maybe I am in the minority here but I just don't like what I have seen so far. The runner's movement does not look natural. It looks like what it is. An animation tech thrown on top of the gameplay engine. It likes throwing an extra slab of paint on an old car. If the car still runs poorly, who cares what the new color is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.