Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

Tecmo Bowl Throwback is now available on the Marketplace and should be available for the PS3 tomorrow. Post your impressions here.

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 05:10 PM
I'm now up to 11 safeties! Wow!

# 102 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 05:18 PM
Ha! The injury cut scene is hot! They nailed the music, too!

# 103 bcruise @ 04/28/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Ha! The injury cut scene is hot! They nailed the music, too!
I forget, did the first SNES game have defensive injuries, or still just offensive? I know 2 and 3 had defensive players getting hurt (though they also had larger rosters that allowed that to happen...)

# 104 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/28/10 05:36 PM
I'm hoping this holds me over until all the other football games come out.

# 105 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I forget, did the first SNES game have defensive injuries, or still just offensive? I know 2 and 3 had defensive players getting hurt (though they also had larger rosters that allowed that to happen...)
I honestly don't know, I hated the SNES version (couldn't stand the cheap midi sound) so I only played it a few times.

This injury here was an offensive injury to a WR.

# 106 Tomba @ 04/28/10 05:49 PM
The game is near perfect...

Clear, snow and rain? WOW so much goodness.

They COULD have done more but why bother?

One thing. You need a big screen for this or sit close to the tv like in the old days.

Gameplay is a 10, minus the fact that it so old school but it plays super smoove!

Graphically it's such an improvement when you compare the two versions against each other by toggling.

they should release a baseball game like this i mean imagine base loaded redone?

# 107 Brandwin @ 04/28/10 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I only played it on SNES a few times (I didn't own a SNES), but there are no defensive backups (other than two extra DB's) so I'm guessing there are no defensive injuries.

# 108 noles_fan21 @ 04/28/10 06:18 PM
tecmo is back!!!! so if u edit rosters they show up online???? and i went 2d in the settings played online n it was n 3d any help??? had i game this morning i picked the niners (playbook sucks) against the bills lost 14-6 gotta get used to the controls we should get a thread about the flaws and tecmo might give us a patch.......

# 109 duke776 @ 04/28/10 06:40 PM
I was wondering if you can switch players during the play on defense?

Anyways, won my first game 14-10. I tried to play the worst team possible, I knew I would be bad

# 110 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 06:48 PM
I'm blowing everybody out with New England. I thought it would be harder to do since the '93 Patriots sucked offensively.

# 111 CreatineKasey @ 04/28/10 06:49 PM
I mowed down the CPU then won a couple of games online. It's still Tecmo. It's still awesome.

Anyone able to play 2D mode in a multiplayer game yet? Is it possible in a random ranked match?

I still love the tap battles!

Is anyone else seeing a LOT of errant passes? Maybe O'Donnell just sucks that bad...

Speaking of Neil... YES your updated names DO show up online...it's great!

# 112 The GIGGAS @ 04/28/10 06:54 PM
I played two games offline, one with a mixed offense, and one only rushes. Won both. The 1st, I won 28-0, the second, only 7-0. Good defense though.

Creatine, I'm still up for the ladder. I basically downloaded the demo, and then when I finished my first quarter I basically threw up my hands and offered my money to the Tecmo gods.

# 113 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Is anyone else seeing a LOT of errant passes? Maybe O'Donnell just sucks that bad...
You know what's strange? I played a game against Dallas and got destroyed because of errant passes. I threw for 300+ yards, but threw 5 INT's.

Yet for whatever reason, against the other teams I've played, everything I throw hits right on the money. Balls never seem to hit the ground. And that's the thing, New England was terrible that year and Bledsoe was just an average QB at best that season. I wonder what's up?

# 114 Maximus205 @ 04/28/10 07:02 PM
I like how when you score a TD the team puts their hands up to show that they're are happy they scored instead of jogging off the field like nothing happened. Also a cutscene pops up when you get a milestone like 100yds rushing.

# 115 dkrause1971 @ 04/28/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You know what's strange? I played a game against Dallas and got destroyed because of errant passes. I threw for 300+ yards, but threw 5 INT's.

Yet for whatever reason, against the other teams I've played, everything I throw hits right on the money. Balls never seem to hit the ground. And that's the thing, New England was terrible that year and Bledsoe was just an average QB at best that season. I wonder what's up?
QB is zolak since its #16, drew would be #11 if he was on the game. Doesn't explain you doing so well with him, just a heads up.

# 116 jmartnwa @ 04/28/10 07:49 PM
Anyone else having an issue with whomever is not hosting a game online having severe delay in controller to game function... like players not turning for a full second after hitting the button, therefore running out of bounds on most every play. I have played six games thus far with two people and in each one, this has made it not only unfair, but broken and not entertaining. Offline no problems at all and I'm enjoying the experience just as I used to, but they have got to fix this or it's basically a totally broken game online. Or is it just me...

# 117 loccdogg26 @ 04/28/10 08:03 PM
Get ready for Barry Sanders guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 118 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
QB is zolak since its #16, drew would be #11 if he was on the game. Doesn't explain you doing so well with him, just a heads up.
You're right. I knew the number difference, but I guess I forgot that in the Genesis version (I didn't like the SNES version), Bledsoe wasn't in the final roster and it was Zolak as the starter. I guess that makes the passing success even stranger.

# 119 Brandwin @ 04/28/10 08:17 PM
I'm up for a ladder as well.

# 120 Valdarez @ 04/28/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Sucks you can't change the colors of the teams...
Yeah. You could edit the colors in the DS version of the game. I don't know why they took it out of the XBox Live version. Doesn't make any sense, unless they are hoping to upgrade it and sell it to us again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.