Home
News Post

Looks like a new Fight Night has been announced, read all about it at Gamespot.

Quote:
"After the report, EA executives held a conference call with analysts in which they divulged several more details. Fans of the Fight Night series will welcome COO John Schappert's apparently accidental confirmation that a new installment in the boxing series is on the way. The title is likely the "Fighting Title TBA" listed on EA's release schedule as coming to consoles and "handheld/mobile" in the first quarter of 2011."

Member Comments
# 1 Bruce Wayne Jr @ 05/12/10 01:45 PM
Can't wait!

# 2 cjallure24 @ 05/12/10 02:10 PM
Good to hear.....can't wait......

# 3 str8artist @ 05/12/10 02:29 PM
Just announce Floyd "Money" Mayweather will be included and I'm good.

# 4 SHAKYR @ 05/12/10 05:14 PM
I was telling everyone and no one wanted to believe me. I have inside connections....sheesh!

# 5 Money99 @ 05/12/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I was telling everyone and no one wanted to believe me. I have inside connections....sheesh!
Wasn't it revealed months ago that EA would be releasing a boxing and MMA game every-other year?
FNRd 5 has always been expected in June of 2011 hasn't it?

# 6 mattlanta @ 05/12/10 05:28 PM
Hope they improve the career mode and tweak the gameplay a bit.. can't pin point where though since I haven't played in a while.

# 7 Money99 @ 05/12/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Hope they improve the career mode and tweak the gameplay a bit.. can't pin point where though since I haven't played in a while.
Exactly. The gameplay only need a few minor tweaks but where boxing games need to shine is in their career modes.

The whole, train, collect points, fight,...dynamic is stale and tired.

# 8 SteelerSpartan @ 05/12/10 05:36 PM
I hope it borrows tons of things from the VB series........and we have a Forza style trunks editor(UFCs is also great)

No Counter windows and a Broadcast CAM!!!!!!!

# 9 Artman22 @ 05/12/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
Just announce Floyd "Money" Mayweather will be included and I'm good.
They really need to add Floyd for sure..

# 10 Money99 @ 05/12/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
They really need to add Floyd for sure..
That really depends on Mayweather and his demands.
I could see him being a DLC fighter though with both parties splitting the profits. Should have been done for Rd4.

I'm sure EA is hard at work to get him in Rd5.

# 11 SHAKYR @ 05/12/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Wasn't it revealed months ago that EA would be releasing a boxing and MMA game every-other year?
FNRd 5 has always been expected in June of 2011 hasn't it?
yes, but some fans still didn't want to believe.

# 12 Str8_A @ 05/12/10 09:18 PM
With the Xbox 360 and PS3 move coming later this year, first-Person-View would be an interesting option.

# 13 dirtygold @ 05/12/10 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i got to admit i had a blast playing the current game i know it probably is not possible but who wouldn't want to see them add rocky balboa , clubber lang , apollo creed, ivan drago. i think the game needs to go in the direction of test drive & grand theft auto series.
all the cash i win a want to be able to drive a nice car drive around the city buy expensive clothes talk to ladies in night clubs buy different houses that can hold more cars cause i am making mad cash lol

having my agent call me on my cell phone telling me to drive to different locations across the city to increase my star power making it possible for me to make more QUAN then get into training between fights could you imagine if i could actually run in a city then run into like a rober and kick his butt but i risked injury to myself lol or your in a night club and you happen to run into your opponent in your up coming fight and you start smack talking.
the game needs more outside the ring life.

I personally am only interested in a boxing sim, David Haye or Rocky Balboa, Riddick Bowe over Apollo Creed, Bob Foster over Clubber Lang. Most importantly the biggest thing that Fight Night Round 5 can add is one punch ko's or at least ko modes that lead to the chance of stoppage or 10 counts early in fights. Quik KO's are a real possibility in almost every fight, it's what makes boxers respect punchers. It's needed to add balance

# 14 GOBLUE_08 @ 05/12/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Exactly. The gameplay only need a few minor tweaks but where boxing games need to shine is in their career modes.

The whole, train, collect points, fight,...dynamic is stale and tired.
SWEET!

I still play Round 4 almost daily Definitely good news

# 15 Bamtino @ 05/13/10 12:59 AM
This is the first time i am not even the least bit excited to hear there's a new Fight Night in the works...Ive pretty much given up all hope we'll ever get a true boxing sim from EA...With every new installment they introduce a new gimmick...I'm just so sick and tired of it...All these years it's been my love for the sport that kept me coming back every time a new Fight Night came out but not anymore...

If they don't get rid of the ******** gimmick haymakers, stun blocks/counter windows and the corner game points i won't bother with round 5...I doubt EA will ever change the way they see boxing but i'm going to stick to my guns and never buy another boxing game from them till they do so...I advise those who honestly care about the sport of boxing to do the same...It's time to stop letting these clowns get away with making a mockery out of the sport we love...

# 16 UNC_Pete @ 05/13/10 11:04 AM
I'd be interested in this iteration if they incorporated the motion controllers.

# 17 Bullet747 @ 05/13/10 11:58 AM
I hope they improve on the sluggishness and lack of crisp punching

# 18 SHAKYR @ 05/13/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet747
I hope they improve on the sluggishness and lack of crisp punching
Me too! I couldn't agree more.

# 19 Complex @ 05/15/10 08:32 AM
Ummmm its an odd year, they said they would be releasing one every other year already.

Anywho, Let's hope that career mode is expanded and online is expanded to include more titles, weights, and match making. I would like to see career mode tied to online play.

Please re-visit my idea of increased animations and punch types.

# 20 DaveDQ @ 05/15/10 10:05 AM
I look forward to what is next. From a promotion standpoint, they'll have to move beyond past boxers as a cover spot. I think Manny would make a good cover. Of course, we all know having Mayweather Jr. would be huge and ad a definite "pop" to the game's hype.

Building on the new physics system would seem the natural thing to do. You can't deny the made good progress with that in FN4. I would like to see the jab work better and dictate the fight like it should.

My dream for presentation would be to go deeper with ring entrances, the beginnings of fights and the end of fights. I still play FN4, but one thing I really can't stand is that frown on the fighter's face or the little happy look he gives to let you know who won. Bypass that and have them stand in the ring with the ref while the cards are being read.

A ring entrance could be done very similar to NHL 10's BAP mode entrance, where you are walking down the hall and the camera pans across your character. The noise of the crowd is muffled until you fully enter. From there you don't have to stay fixed on the fighter. You can pan out and then have some overlays about your fighter's stats.

I just think the game needs a more consistent and "together" sense that a fight is taking place. There should be more variance in the "Good evening every one..I'm Joe..." The crowd volume needs to respond to the entrance. There needs to be a crescendo of volume when the fighter enters.

lol..anyway..I look forward to FN5. I still thoroughly enjoy FN4 and I have played it from day one.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.