still do not see one new tackling animation

# 83 LBzrule @ 05/16/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csfan20
still do not see one new tackling animation

# 84 roadman @ 05/16/10 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

How long till release? 3 Months? I wouldnt doubt if they are in QA now trying to kill any gamebreaking bugs. I do not expect to see much improvement ( if any ) over what this video shows.
They are also programming till the time the game ships.

# 85 coogrfan @ 05/16/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
The players look awfully floaty.. Thats the least impressive movement I have seen in a long time.

How long till release? 3 Months? I wouldnt doubt if they are in QA now trying to kill any gamebreaking bugs. I do not expect to see much improvement ( if any ) over what this video shows.
As has been stated previously this footage is at least a couple months old.

# 86 Pacman83 @ 05/17/10 02:58 AM
Just a thought

Lots of these vids look old, if you go back and look at the running in the blocking blog, you'd notice a lack of sliding and skating. In fact they look really good, especially the RB's in traffic.
Can't say the same for the tackling, but as far as these vids go, folks i think are a bit too serious and overreacting...

# 87 JMD @ 05/17/10 07:49 AM
Still to early for me personally to pass judgment on the game. One thing that bothers me is it still appears that the HB's will be able to break 3 or 4 tackles in a row. I Have 4 TV's going in my living room every Sunday during football season, that's right 4 games at a time , and I've never seen a HB break 4 tackles.

# 88 moneal2001 @ 05/17/10 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Still to early for me personally to pass judgment on the game. One thing that bothers me is it still appears that the HB's will be able to break 3 or 4 tackles in a row. I Have 4 TV's going in my living room every Sunday during football season, that's right 4 games at a time , and I've never seen a HB break 4 tackles.
Never watch the Vikings do you. I know what you are saying, but it does happen from time to time. Its usually crappy tackling by DBs but it does happen

# 89 moneal2001 @ 05/17/10 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones84
This doesn't impress me not one bit, Backbreaker will put Madedn 11 to shame, it's sad though Madden been arouns for some many years, and it's just all the same to me!!
you will be disappointed in backbreaker. Just wait. Either that or you wont hold it to the same standards as madden.

# 90 Exonerated @ 05/17/10 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
You mean the standard of disappointment after 5 years?

Whats the madden standard?

A completely broken tackling system?
Piss Poor line play?
Rating that dont mean anything?
Suction tackling?
Nano Blitzing?
Gimmick features that seem to dissipate after one year?
Etc Etc

The hypocrisy that surround backbreaker is far into the pathetic range. Only the extreme backbreaker supporters think the game will be perfect out of the box but most fans including 505 have been very upfront with whats in whats out and why.

The simply question is, you gave madden 5 years to get everything right (and they are not even close) but 505 and backbreaker has to get everything perfect right out of the gate?

Meanwhile we are all sitting around trying to figure if god damn pro tak their flag ship feature is even in this year as they seem to refuse to show it.
I have not seen 1 minute of uninterruped BB gameplay. 1st release or 20th release, not showing any continuous game footage 3 weeks before release is well . . . confusing?

# 91 roadman @ 05/17/10 10:00 AM
Quote:

Meanwhile we are all sitting around trying to figure if god damn pro tak their flag ship feature is even in this year as they seem to refuse to show it.
Who says they refuse to show it? Do you know someone on the inside that told you they are refusing to show it?

Maybe they aren't ready to show it or they are still perhaps tweaking it.

E3 is a month away. Patience is a virtue.

# 92 BezO @ 05/17/10 10:05 AM
Player interaction with the grass is pretty bad. All the RBs look like their skating. I hope they continue to improve that.

Though Bush & Johnson probably have high ACC ratings, they still look unrealistically agile.

I'm not understanding why FIFA animations look so much better than Madden's. I've been playing World Cup and the players run & interact with the grass so well.

# 93 moneal2001 @ 05/17/10 10:09 AM
Quote:
You mean the standard of disappointment after 5 years?

Whats the madden standard?

A completely broken tackling system?
Piss Poor line play?
Rating that dont mean anything?
Suction tackling?
Nano Blitzing?
Gimmick features that seem to dissipate after one year?
Etc Etc

The hypocrisy that surround backbreaker is far into the pathetic range. Only the extreme backbreaker supporters think the game will be perfect out of the box but most fans including 505 have been very upfront with whats in whats out and why.

The simply question is, you gave madden 5 years to get everything right (and they are not even close) but 505 and backbreaker has to get everything perfect right out of the gate?

How long has backbreaker been in development? They should release a game that is the caliber of madden. If not then I will be disappointed. The absence of Fatigue or Injuries is just totally unreasonable in this day and age. What is the point of having a full team when there is no reason to take your starters off the field.

# 94 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 05/17/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Yeah I was just going to mention something about the tackling. It just doesn't look right to me.

Other than that, it looks really good.
Im with you , Why cant they make their pro-tak better? Its really hurtin the look of this game IMO as far as a defensive perspective goes. Any news on defensive part of the game? Or is it going to be offense overpowering the D?

# 95 roadman @ 05/17/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
You know, I understand why every once and a while someone on this forum blows up and cusses everyone out then gets banned. Some of you guys are so frustratingly blinded with the hope that the game will make bigger strides that it makes me want to punch a kitten in the face with a puppy. The emperor is naked man...he is not wearing some fancy new clothes.

There is not a single reason to not show pro tak. None if you can think of one please please inform us. Ian said Pro Tak is the most revolutionary thing that they have done with madden and is the future of video game football. Meaning that Pro Tak should be working hand in hand with everything they do. To show a video without it is a complete cop out and a embarrassment. Pro Tak is the flag ship feature meaning if it doesnt work with pro tak then it needs to be removed.

I hate how you guys give Ian and Madden such a pass on everything. How long are we going to use this, "Wait to E3" "Wait for the beta build" "Wait for the demo" "Wait for the full release" "Wait for a patch."

We didnt make them release that video....I didnt go out and steal a video from EA and post it. Thats the official video that they released. Why would you release a video that is missing a feature that you hyped up all last year? Makes no sense what so ever.
Until you can prove that's pro-tak is out, we all have to play the waiting game, don't we?

# 96 bigsmallwood @ 05/17/10 10:40 AM
E3 is where Ian and Crew will have to put up or (fill in the blank). So far every Madden 10 video...oops I mean Madden 11 video looks just like last year...in every sense of the word. I hope they bring out the heavy artillery.

# 97 achain @ 05/17/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Thats not the point dude. Your inability to grasp what I am saying (actually I think you do but you are refusing to accept it) is insane.

Remember the days when the only thing a company had to impress a fan base was a demo? They had to put their past foot forward to impress as many people as possible.

You guys seem to be so maddens starved that even bad video becomes amazing in your eyes.When you go on a job interview do you show up in jeans and a torn T-Shirt then say to the employer, "Oh when we do the 3rd interview I will dress up." No you put your best foot forward.

I simply dont understand this mentality of constantly waiting for videos. I am not 17.(dont get it twisted I am a hardcore gamer) .I dont need 50 two min videos about madden. I need 1 video that actually impress me. Why release a video that has something broken in it?

Madden is one of the few games where they can show anything and their fanbase will just shrug it off. Can you imagine if COD released a trailer that showed players running through walls? Or if Forza released a interview that showed the cars driving around with no wheels? These games would get ripped to shreds.

In real life I am my own boss. I cant even fathom putting together a package for a potential client full of glitches and inaccuracies but telling them just to wait for 3 months because this is the alpha build. There is a clip on the gameflow video where a Denver tight end is spinning around in a circle!
Either the marketing staff doesn't care how the game looks to the public (unlikely), or this is what we're getting come August. I did like the run blocking blog that came up a week ago, but now that I realize that it's the same old bait-and-switch technique, I'm not so pumped. Why does EA constantly implement new features one year, and then ditch them the next for something else?

# 98 Jackdog @ 05/17/10 12:12 PM
This has become a flame war Madden vs Backbreaker.......Closed.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.