Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Anthony White has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the one back offense.

Quote:
"Like the spread offense, a big point of emphasis for the one back offense is to control the number of defenders a defense can deploy to the box. As mentioned earlier, the one back offense is considered by many as the original spread offense. Many of the core principles of both systems are similar. As we pointed out with the spread offense, one back teams also want to use multiple receiver sets to spread the defense out. If the defense doesn't cover/align across from each receiver, the offense must be willing to throw the ball at any given point. This idea is known as "Throwing Uncovered". An offense that's willing to throw to an uncovered receiver at any given point on the field will force the defense to cover/align across from the offensive receivers."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Potatoes002 @ 06/03/10 06:28 PM
I hope this is a playable camera angle this year.

# 2 Watson @ 06/03/10 06:34 PM
titillating information there.

# 3 B Edwards 17 @ 06/03/10 06:35 PM
Man, that sucked.

# 4 mr janny @ 06/03/10 06:42 PM
sort of feels like they're killing time until E3. That amount of info hardly constitutes a blog.

# 5 drowsike @ 06/03/10 06:43 PM
Ea trippin

# 6 Cusefan @ 06/03/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I hope this is a playable camera angle this year.

that would be almost cheating imo, to be able to see exactly what the defense is doing every play...

# 7 Squeezee12 @ 06/03/10 06:47 PM
I don't mind these offense style blogs but not when I'm waiting for new info. Specially waiting for them to bring blog 3 of the dynasty blogs. I mean seriously if you were gonna wait weeks to release the 3 blog then why even drop the first one when you did? Luke I said I like these offense blogs but do it the week of the release... Just my opinion.

# 8 drlw322 @ 06/03/10 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
sort of feels like they're killing time until E3. That amount of info hardly constitutes a blog.
yep. Who here really needs a history run down where the one back offense came from or really the purpose of the one back offense. Man at least give us a little bit of gameplay

# 9 TripleCrown9 @ 06/03/10 07:05 PM
OK since I did this with the last blog, I'll do this one too.
Nebraska, Clemson, Oregon State, ?, Boston College. I don't know who the 4th team is. I thought perhaps Nevada, but only Kaepernick matches up. Any ideas for the 4th team?

And for all you LSU fans out there, BC's Tackle Over formation is pretty much your Unbalanced Formation.

# 10 beelo @ 06/03/10 07:26 PM
weak but a time filler...

# 11 Watson @ 06/03/10 07:28 PM
O/U on Percy Harvin facemask comment: Page 4
O/U on dreads comment: Page 3 3/4

# 12 Palo20 @ 06/03/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Nebraska, Clemson, Oregon State, ?, Boston College. I don't know who the 4th team is. I thought perhaps Nevada, but only Kaepernick matches up. Any ideas for the 4th team?

And for all you LSU fans out there, BC's Tackle Over formation is pretty much your Unbalanced Formation.
Why is it only those few teams? Can't it be
more than that?

# 13 ThaShark28_316 @ 06/03/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelo
weak but a time filler...
10 days and change til the Demo...i'd say it's a perfect time filler...buy themselves some time. Especially for the people who won't see this til tomorrow.

# 14 lilcoo3 @ 06/03/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
i hope they have texas running the one back offense now
I doubt they will have our new look O because as they begin to talk about 120 ways to win they always mention texas with the spread with a lil no huddle in. \m/

# 15 TripleCrown9 @ 06/03/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Why is it only those few teams? Can't it be
more than that?
I just name the ones the blog shows the different formations for. Hence OSU's impact players are HB #1 and WR #8, or the Rodgers brothers. Nebraska's impact player is HB #10, or Roy Helu. I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but that is why I named the teams I did.

# 16 Palo20 @ 06/03/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
i hope they have texas running the one back offense now
Thought they were using some fullback and running more of a pro style offense?

# 17 ThaShark28_316 @ 06/03/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoo3
I doubt they have our new look O because as they begin to talk about 120 ways to win they always mention texas with the spread with a lil no huddle in. \m/
Yeah I'm actually prepared for us to have the spread offense in this year's game. And honestly, I don't think I can blame EA for that.

Hook em.

# 18 Solidice @ 06/03/10 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90

the blue one(4th one) is UTEP.

# 19 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/03/10 07:47 PM
Decent blog but nothing real interesting. But thanks for the read.

# 20 TripleCrown9 @ 06/03/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the blue one(4th one) is UTEP.
Aah good call. Didn't realize Buckram changed his number to 13.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.