Home
International Cricket 2010 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of International Cricket 2010.

Quote:
"With the bulk of our hands-on time spent playing Twenty20 matches, there wasn't a great deal of our focus placed on subtle shot selection, but the few times that we didn't attempt to smash the ball into orbit we found the new power stick system to work pretty well. It's worth noting that the more you reduce the power of your shot, the bigger the timing window you're afforded to play it in, so on the harder difficulty levels a deft touch with the power stick system will likely come in handy.

The other major gameplay change is the inclusion of optional new "action cam" positions behind the batsman and bowler. Until now most cricket games have put the emphasis on television broadcast presentation, with the camera set in a traditional birds-eye view looking down the pitch towards the batsman on strike."

Game: International Cricket 2010Hype Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
International Cricket 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tpe14 @ 06/08/10 08:42 AM
What is cricket?

# 2 dickey1331 @ 06/11/10 11:24 PM
I might be getting this.

# 3 T3B0W @ 06/12/10 10:56 PM
Can't agree more Admiral.

It's hard to fathom that the game of cricket hasn't been stepped up by a developer. There is a mass potential there for BIG sales (*shock horror* not all evolves around the USA market) if they can get this right. Until they do, I won't be bothering with this title for the reasons listed above.

# 4 Bahnzo @ 06/13/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B0W
Can't agree more Admiral.

It's hard to fathom that the game of cricket hasn't been stepped up by a developer. There is a mass potential there for BIG sales (*shock horror* not all evolves around the USA market) if they can get this right. Until they do, I won't be bothering with this title for the reasons listed above.
Agreed, it seems to me with the large increase of fan interest with the T20 format and the IPL, there would be more potential for sales....and in turn more effort put into creating a worthwhile cricket game. I'm interested to see what this game comes up with, but I don't really hold out much hope based on their past efforts.

# 5 TerryP @ 06/26/10 08:56 AM
Now that it's out, I'm hoping to find some sort of review sometime soon. There's one positive customer review on zavvi.com, but not really what I'm looking for.

# 6 Bahnzo @ 06/27/10 10:09 PM
From reading various impressions threads on another message board the general consensus seems to be that it's a better effort than Ashes 2009 was, but still has some problems. Fielding is still an issue with the AI, lofted shots are way too easy, spinners too easy to hit, etc.

And online appears to be completely broken. If you even manage to find someone online to play, chances are you either can't connect or will lose connection during the match. Then add to that the default settings online are easy so you can just slog away right from the start.

Basically, the impressions I read weren't favorable enough to import this game for the PS3. If they release a patch that fixes some things and gets online working properly, then it might be worth it.

# 7 Cane_Mutiny @ 07/05/10 08:58 PM
I've been trying to get into cricket and might be interested in picking up this game. Honestly though, the reason more resources aren't put into a cricket game is because the market just isn't there. Cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world, but the majority of fans aren't in the video game buying demographic. A billion Indians might be obsessed with cricket, but the fact is the vast majority of them don't have PS3s.

# 8 annecole @ 02/16/15 06:11 AM
Ind Vs Pak match was awesome

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.