Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Credit to MadScientist06 and The Gaming Tailgate.

Here is a spreadsheet for those interested. Thanks godwhyme.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DLev45 @ 06/17/10 10:47 PM
Slingblade, quit making Alabama fans look bad please.

Secondly, I am really disappointed about Alabama's ratings.

I was really excited at first, as that I have been a huge Bama fan all my life, have a degree from Alabama, and am currently in law school at Alabama. I'm thinking that after owning every NCAA since NCAA 98' with Wuerffel on the cover, Alabama will finally be a Top 5 team on the game when we have usually been ranked 15-25.

Now I'm a big online player, not huge in dynasty, and I have always used Alabama, even when they were unranked, against everyone, including the number 1 ranked cheesers, but now that EA has given them all 99's across the board and made them the GOAT, people are going to assume that I'm only using Alabama because they are #1 rather than being a life long diehard fan and student of the University.

Thank you EA, for already ruining my online experience with my favorite team.

In my opinion, Alabama deserves a 95 on offense and an 87 on defense.

# 122 bb09red @ 06/17/10 10:52 PM
Lol, Did anyone notice that UCF was overated again , having them as the best con-usa rated team over , ECU and Houston. Guess it helps to have EA in your backyard.

# 123 mkam89 @ 06/17/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards055
Kentucky should be a high 3, low 4 area. They have been to 4 bowls in a row and won 3 of em. And this is coming from a Louisville fan who hates Kentucky like no other.
I understand their recent bowl success, but who actually knows what goes into prestige? Is it recent success (then how are UM and ND both still 6*)? Is it based on history (then how is Boise a 5*)?

# 124 DLev45 @ 06/17/10 10:59 PM
Quote:
I'm guessing he took a shot at my cards lol
No, I just spoke my mind about Slingblade's comments, but Moylan is right. I just get irritated at bandwagoners when I actually went to school there, go to every football game, and have been using them in every NCAA back to Bill Walsh football regardless of their ratings, and then people like him get me flamed when we're actually worth mentioning again.

# 125 DLev45 @ 06/17/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
Using bowl games as an argument nowadays isn't saying much considering many teams with .500 records go to bowls. The fact is that Kentucky has been nothing more than a barely above .500 team if you take their records over the past 4 seasons. And of those past 4 seasons they haven't finished above 4-4 in the SEC. So 3* is right where they need to be.
+1

# 126 slingblade73 @ 06/17/10 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev45
No, I just spoke my mind about Slingblade's comments, but Moylan is right. I just get irritated at bandwagoners when I actually went to school there, go to every football game, and have been using them in every NCAA back to Bill Walsh football regardless of their ratings, and then people like him get me flamed when we're actually worth mentioning again.
This is laughable, I am sure you have used some of my contributions to this site and MaddenMania since 2001, so when you make a statement like this you just look ignorant.

# 127 slingblade73 @ 06/17/10 11:21 PM
Quote:

I was really excited at first, as that I have been a huge Bama fan all my life, have a degree from Alabama, and am currently in law school at Alabama. I'm thinking that after owning every NCAA since NCAA 98' with Wuerffel on the cover, Alabama will finally be a Top 5 team on the game when we have usually been ranked 15-25.

Now I'm a big online player, not huge in dynasty, and I have always used Alabama, even when they were unranked, against everyone, including the number 1 ranked cheesers, but now that EA has given them all 99's across the board and made them the GOAT, people are going to assume that I'm only using Alabama because they are #1 rather than being a life long diehard fan and student of the University.

I am shocked that EA did not contact you for approval this year.

# 128 slingblade73 @ 06/17/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
The guy was just trying to make a point about his team being overrated, no reason to be a jerk.
If he would keep his mouth shut then I would.

# 129 jeremym480 @ 06/18/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
I 2nd this. Just stop dude.

Quote:

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 30 and have been a Bama fan since I was a kid. I've stuck with Bama through all the bad times and while I couldn't be happier with their success, IRL, them being so good in the game kind of takes the challenge away for me. Last year, I played an offline dynasty on Heisman and won the NC 3 out of 5 years. Which isn't two bad but, considering the years I didn't win I only lost 1 game makes it not as fun for me because the challenge just isn't there.

This year, I'm joining an online dynasty for the 1st time and I'm strongly considering taking another team. I know it's going to be hard because Bama is the team I know and I love but, I'm thinking that picking another team for my OD is the best way to go for a challenge this year.

# 130 BAMAJD @ 06/18/10 12:12 AM
Slingblade, how about you just go away & never come back to this site. Or any other website where you will make the entire fanbase of The University of Alabama look ignorant, obnoxious, a jerk & just down right idiotic.

# 131 dan_457 @ 06/18/10 12:15 AM
Can you guys please knock it off, or just go and PM flame each other.

# 132 tswiatkowski @ 06/18/10 12:19 AM
Ok, number one, I don't understand why Michigan State is a three star program when teams like UCF are 3* as well. I feel for you Arkansas and Cal fans as well, lol. On to the next issue; why is Michigan rated better than Michigan State? Michigan lost their best player at every defensive position group, and two of their biggest playmakers. DB's lost Warren (and Cissoko) LB's lost Steve Brown, and DL lost Graham (Michigan's best player from last year). Michigan State returns every starter on the DL except the struggling Trevor Anderson, and they return Greg Jones, Eric Gordon, Chris Norman, and Jon Misch (not that good of a player, just noting depth). In the secondary I can't see how it can get worse than Kendall Davis-Clark, who left, and now Johnny Adams and Chris Rucker are back. So why, EA, is Michigan's defense rated better than MSU's? I'm not saying MSU's defense even needs to go up, Michigan's just needs to go down. Offensively I don't think Michigan is deserving of an 89 but I think they are at least in the neighborhood on that one. I like MSU's 89. It fits.

# 133 NDFan1029 @ 06/18/10 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
RU dropped to 3 stars? We were 4 stars last year.
Rutgers isn't that good. They don't deserve 4 stars. 2 of their wins last year was against Div. 2 schools, and another was a steal against Connecticut. Besides, the stars are based on school prestige, not a reflection of how good the team may be from year to year, case in point why Notre Dame and Michigan have a 6 star rating

# 134 TheGamingChef @ 06/18/10 12:24 AM
I find this kind of comical... Iowa State has been 3* for as long as I can remember, and suffered through some pretty weak seasons. Then finally, they get a winning season and a bowl victory under the belts for the first time in a while!

And they fall to 2*. WTF?

# 135 NDFan1029 @ 06/18/10 12:25 AM
For everyone complaining about the stars:

The star totals for the team have absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is AT THIS POINT or the numbered ratings; it is purely based on that particular school's prestige and past program history OVERALL.

Think about it: if it were based on how good a team is right now, Notre Dame and Michigan wouldn't be 6 star programs, but the stars are based off of the entire school's history.

# 136 jmik58 @ 06/18/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb09red
Lol, Did anyone notice that UCF was overated again , having them as the best con-usa rated team over , ECU and Houston. Guess it helps to have EA in your backyard.
I didn't see their rating. UCF has a good defense this year but the offense should drag down a high rating. I can see them higher than ECU though, the Pirates should be down this year. Houston, SMU, and So Miss should be up there with UCF though.

# 137 DaltonT4 @ 06/18/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
Using bowl games as an argument nowadays isn't saying much considering many teams with .500 records go to bowls. The fact is that Kentucky has been nothing more than a barely above .500 team if you take their records over the past 4 seasons. And of those past 4 seasons they haven't finished above 4-4 in the SEC. So 3* is right where they need to be.
I guess your right, 4 bowl games in a row is big by UK standerds, stars don't matter anyway, if you do good enough in dynasty they go up so 3* by 3 or 4 years you can be a 6*.

# 138 dan_457 @ 06/18/10 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
For everyone complaining about the stars:

The star totals for the team have absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is AT THIS POINT or the numbered ratings; it is purely based on that particular school's prestige and past program history OVERALL.

Think about it: if it were based on how good a team is right now, Notre Dame and Michigan wouldn't be 6 star programs, but the stars are based off of the entire school's history.
It's actually more like a combination of the two, with recent success playing a large role, otherwise teams wouldn't change prestige raitings for 10+ years. Look at Boise state, i think they're a 5* star this year, and they don't even have any real historical prestige at all.

# 139 bamaCT12 @ 06/18/10 12:33 AM
I don't care what you "other" guys say but
Alabama's about to RUN THIS ****
WE SAID we were back EVEN when we went 7-6 in Saban's first year, and everybody laughed... but we knew we landed one of the best recruiting classes in history (named no. 8 all time by S.I.)
we were one quarter away for playin for a title in '08....then we landed another top class
and we finished in '09
and we will do it again
this is goin 2 be one of the sickest duo's in the history of all of sports...
and with guys like Malcolm Brown and Isaiah Crowell in town you can get used to it!!!
get your popcorn ready!!!!!
because another dynasty is coming

# 140 TheGamingChef @ 06/18/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I do believe EA's policy for raising/lowering program prestige, etc. has to do with # of wins in a season and conference championships, etc.

I remember my team prestige going up after a 10 win season, after a conference championship, etc.

Maybe they're using some cryptic algorithm that is more than a gut feeling.
Clearly that's not the case... see Iowa State losing a star after a winning season with a bowl victory

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.