EA Sports MMA News Post

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Greene_Flash03 @ 06/18/10 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
I love it. A much better representation of the sport...more fluid and organic.

My only real complaint is I think they skate just a tad too much when moving around the cage, but I can deal with that.

I just hope the fighter share is solid (FN's was good, but it could be better).
I like this game a lot. I can live with the sliding, but they need to put more "umph!" on punches and kicks..

I also like Live Broadcast! Can't wait for that!

# 2 eeyor @ 06/18/10 02:27 AM
I love the game so far and I really think that the missing license of the UFC really does not hamper the game too much. Fighter Share will like with fight night produce some really good CAFs really fast and you will have a chance to put your favorite fighters in the game.

# 3 delspf @ 06/18/10 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
I like this game a lot. I can live with the sliding, but they need to put more "umph!" on punches and kicks..

I also like Live Broadcast! Can't wait for that!
Thought i heard that will all be fine tuned, the game is still a few months away. They actually have been listening to the fans about the "skating" and foot speed along with the underwater like striking in the stand up.

# 4 DaveDQ @ 06/18/10 08:11 AM
What I love is the stamina. You should be winded after trying all kinds of things and it should make you susceptible to being knocked out.

This is something that Fight Night 4 lacks. If you are drained...you should be extremely vulnerable to being knocked out.

# 5 simgamer0005 @ 06/18/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What I love is the stamina. You should be winded after trying all kinds of things and it should make you susceptible to being knocked out.

This is something that Fight Night 4 lacks. If you are drained...you should be extremely vulnerable to being knocked out.
This EA MMA has a quality to it rarely seen in sports games. This engine looks incredible and will be the main reason that I get a PS3. The MMA rings are huge and that really is awesome.

Another thing that this game has is a real-time clock. (not a double-time clock where the clock runs faster like UFC 2010)

A real-time clock is an important part of a MMA / boxing game yet many games don't have that. Fight Night had that but lacked the depth in terms of stamina and how you tire. EA MMA looks like it did a great job with stamina, punch impact, getting stunned, etc than any game i've seen. Add that to what looks to be decent blocking, punch and kick variety, and a good submission system, you are on the right path.

My one question is : Can you sway with your upper body to avoid punches like in fight night?

# 6 Shawnj86 @ 06/18/10 01:40 PM
thanks

# 7 DavonBrown @ 06/18/10 05:12 PM
I'm loving this game so far. I'm not a fan of the ratings though. There are only like 5 categories. I hope there's more.

# 8 DavonBrown @ 06/18/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
I'm sure there are more ratings under the umbrella of 5 main categories or whatever. I mean has EA ever been short on ratings?
I was thinking that. Like if you click the health rating, more ratings such as stamina, chin, heart, etc will show.

# 9 teammaxwell @ 06/18/10 06:00 PM
my only problem is the striking... it looks street fighter'ish, the way they lunge into the punches everytime... not specifically this video, but the Fedor v Lashley.

# 10 Jukeman @ 06/19/10 12:04 AM
"If you sit there and mash buttons, you're going to lose tons of stamina"

EA MMA gets it...

Thanks to the many complaints in FNR4..

# 11 DaveDQ @ 06/19/10 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
"If you sit there and mash buttons, you're going to lose tons of stamina"

EA MMA gets it...

Thanks to the many complaints in FNR4..
It sounds that way. My only concern is that Fight Night's pre-release talk sounded the same. I remember seeing a video where they talked about how fighters would get tired if they did too much. Really though, offline FN4's stamina is a non issue. It's online where it plays a very little role in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.