Home
FIA World Rally Championship News Post

IGN has posted their preview of FIA World Rally Championship.

Quote:
"The official licence brings with it all the trappings you'd expect, with the cars and drivers of the WRC all fully-realised from Loeb to Raikkonnen and through to the lower classes of the World Tour. 13 locations host the action, although they're hardly authentic having taken certain liberties – but if the Corona Rally Mexico really does wind through Aztec ruins we'll admit to being wrong.

There's a host of modes at hand, from a straight-up run through a season to a more engaging career mode where the player works their way up from racing as a privateer, attracting and managing sponsors before shooting for a drive with one of the works teams.
Most important is what happens on the road, and here FIA World Rally Championship makes up for its lacklustre visuals (admittedly it's only 75% there visually, but we doubt that other 25% of work will bring it in line with the standard set by other driving games). Taking Raikkonnen's WRC-spec Citroen C4 to the dust-coated roads of Bulgaria, there's a tangible sense of momentum that's supremely satisfying to keep in check."

Game: FIA World Rally ChampionshipHype Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JMD @ 06/18/10 04:20 PM
Man another racing game I may have to buy. My collection of racing games is getting huge, between the PS3 and 360 I'm at 23 racing games now.

# 2 BIG CAROLINA @ 06/19/10 06:26 PM
Just picked up Richard Burns for Rally for the PC (what a game). Now I really want this also. This is the year of the racer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.