Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Pastapadre has posted offensive styles for most of the teams in NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"Here is a list of what offensive style has been assigned to each team. Again sorry for the handful of schools that were missed in the As. There are eight different types of offenses. By far the two most popular are Pro and Spread, with only a couple teams running the Option, Pistol, and Run and Shoot."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 canes21 @ 06/18/10 02:33 PM
Nice, thanks Steve!

# 2 illwill10 @ 06/18/10 02:37 PM
Which offense runs more, One Back or Pro.

# 3 KSUowls @ 06/18/10 02:37 PM
A Tommy Tubberville team with an "air raid" offense. That is surprising.

# 4 canes21 @ 06/18/10 02:41 PM
I would say they are pretty close. Pro Syle sets up the PA by running a lot and usually has a fast WR on the outside for thos PA passes.

# 5 bdawgdude @ 06/18/10 02:43 PM
Ole Miss runs a pro offense? I thought we'd be a multiple because we do use spread formations fairly regularly, and we also run the wild rebel.

We do run a lot tho, and maybe thats what they're going off of?

# 6 Tengo Juego @ 06/18/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Which offense runs more, One Back or Pro.
I would guess it depends on the strengths of the personnel.

# 7 Solidice @ 06/18/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
A Tommy Tubberville team with an "air raid" offense. That is surprising.
he stated when he got hired that he would keep the offense the same. he even hired the OC from Troy, who I believe ran a very similar offense already, and he also stated that the offense would be about the same.

# 8 xxjgbxx @ 06/18/10 02:46 PM
You can always switch your playbooks correct they didnt take that option out did they this year to hinder cheesers online or anything?

# 9 Krodis @ 06/18/10 02:49 PM
They have Boise State as Pro? Shouldn't they be multiple?

# 10 KSUowls @ 06/18/10 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
he stated when he got hired that he would keep the offense the same. he even hired the OC from Troy, who I believe ran a very similar offense already, and he also stated that the offense would be about the same.
Ah that makes sense

# 11 jfsolo @ 06/18/10 03:17 PM
Nebraska should be multiple.

# 12 Cubs017 @ 06/18/10 03:18 PM
Central Michigan is going to run a "multiple" offense this year instead of the spread, but whatever. It's a new coach (Dan Enos), so it would've been impossible to get an accurate playbook anyway as one doesn't really exist.

# 13 Cubs017 @ 06/18/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
RU may use a Pro Set, but we do run a lot of spread formations, and use the Wild Knight package a lot.
I guess one thing to remember that it's not like all of the pro style teams have the exact same playbook. They have to be classified under something, even if they're not a perfect fit under any one category.

# 14 nevadawp @ 06/18/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
They have Boise State as Pro? Shouldn't they be multiple?
Boise definitely runs a pro style offense. Plenty of gadget plays in their playbook but it's style pro style. Kellen Moore is pure drop back passer.

Re: offenses listed. UCLA running the Pistol this year to the best of my knowledge.

# 15 jmik58 @ 06/18/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadawp
Boise definitely runs a pro style offense. Plenty of gadget plays in their playbook but it's style pro style. Kellen Moore is pure drop back passer.

Re: offenses listed. UCLA running the Pistol this year to the best of my knowledge.
That's correct, they're calling it the "Revolver" ... something Norm Chow dreamed up.

I'm sure it's like a lot of teams though, there will be other packages, but the more important thing is whether EA has done the research to get these things correct for the upcoming season.

# 16 thaima1shu @ 06/18/10 05:44 PM
Nice to see Washington listed correctly with the Pro style offense. Can't wait!

# 17 Potatoes002 @ 06/18/10 05:52 PM
Washington State has been running the No-huddle spread the last 2 seasons, and still will this year. Oh well, at least I can change it from One-Back.

# 18 MrBlonde21 @ 06/18/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Washington State has been running the No-huddle spread the last 2 seasons, and still will this year. Oh well, at least I can change it from One-Back.
Wazzu has an offense??

# 19 BUCTD3 @ 06/19/10 01:47 PM
I am really disappointed that we could not get a more detailed insight into the offensive styles that teams are running. IE I know that some teams are running the pro offense but is that the west coast pro style offense where they are very rarely in the shotgun or the type of offense that will be in the gun some and under center some. I really think that we need more specifics.

# 20 adembroski @ 06/19/10 03:36 PM
No West Coast teams at all?!?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.