Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RaiderKtulu @ 06/23/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
There was nothing wrong with the Revis pick 6 , that's how your taught to play zone.
There's nothing wrong with the RESULT of it.

The actual play looked like crap.

Show me a play in real life where a defender does that.

# 42 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Does what? Sees the ball floating/wobbling in the air and makes a play on it?
I see that all the time.

# 43 jeremym480 @ 06/23/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Things looked good there but come on Todd Heap. Make a block.
You guys do realize that Heap was running a delayed route, right? Go back and look at the play the user selected (the one on the right). Heap route is in blue which means he's acts if he is blocking then releases and starts his route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I see absolutely nothing wrong in the Revis INT. His back was NOT to the ball (and he and the back were not exactly moving at any speed whatsoever) and could clearly "see" when the ball was thrown. Also the ball looked to be a wounded duck.
So in that aspect there was nothing wrong.

If in fact he would have had his back to the ball then yes I would have issues with it.
I agree.

# 44 ANDROMADA 1 @ 06/23/10 12:00 PM
No way should Revis have intercepted that pass. Maybe tipped sure, but flat out run one way and then stop on a dime and super leap for a pick six, meh. Thats why I dont make those kind of throws. They are too risky.

# 45 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
No way should Revis have intercepted that pass. Maybe tipped sure, but flat out run one way and then stop on a dime and super leap for a pick six, meh. Thats why I dont make those kind of throws. They are too risky.

The ball was a wobbler... Revis was looking and could "see" the pass..He wasn't in a full sprint when he made a play to the ball..... he reacted and made a play.
It looked pretty good for a video game IMO. Perfect no but it's simply picking to pick...

Edit: Just rewatched a few times and IMO if the DB doesn't make that play a ton of people would bitch about that. I also still don't see (especially at that distance) any "stopping on a dime"

To each their own though...agree to disagree

# 46 bxgoods @ 06/23/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Where a defender pretends to be playing man to hide he's playing zone? and gets a pick like that.
I see it all the time, Sam Madison when he was on the Giants was a pro at it. He said he was able to do it with Film Study and the tendencies of the formation and where the QB liked to throw the ball.

# 47 Aggies7 @ 06/23/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Was that an end-of-quarter highlight reel I saw after the first play? Pretty nice, even if it got totally skipped through.

I don't think we've seen everything we're going to see related to presentation...just a hunch.
I agree with you and did notice it seemed like a highlight reel that was skipped. Plus a cutscene that was skipped.

# 48 canes21 @ 06/23/10 02:11 PM
Just watched the pick 4 more times and I still don't see a problem with it besides he turns the wrong way. He turned his back to the ball, but besides that it was a good play.

# 49 bxgoods @ 06/23/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Just watched the pick 4 more times and I still don't see a problem with it besides he turns the wrong way. He turned his back to the ball, but besides that it was a good play.
Yea I agree, but Revis is an elite CB. As long as scrub no name CB's don't make that play , and only CB's like Nmadi and Revis do it, I see no problem with it.

# 50 KOACHK @ 06/23/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Was that an end-of-quarter highlight reel I saw after the first play? Pretty nice, even if it got totally skipped through
LOL ... Sorry about that BC; I guess I lapsed into "playing Madden at home mode", and wanted to rush through the highlight reel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket
I don't see anything wrong with the pick by Revis. He was playing zone, so his eyes were on the Qb; had he been playing man while he made that pick, it would have been a problem. There's also nothing wrong with the way he turned and jumped for the ball. It's not like he was running at full speed.
Exactly PR; Revis was on a light blue/flat zone assignment in that play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
After seeing several videos from E3 one thing I've noticed is that in just about every one of them you hear Gus in the background from other games going on at the same time and I think this adds to the disconnected feeling. I'm holding off judgment till I see videos from the final build.
It definitley was audio coming over from the next kiosk JP.

# 51 ch46647 @ 06/23/10 04:20 PM
KOACHK, I remember an interview you did with Ian earlier in the year saying the crowd has new AI for appropriate times to stand and cheer, or if an opposing team makes a big play to stay seated, etc.

From the E3 videos it looks as though the crowd is constantly standing and clapping no matter what is happening on the field. Did you notice this? What happened to the crowd AI?

Thanks!

# 52 ODogg @ 06/23/10 04:28 PM
Games looking great. I agree that I don't like the new kicking meter though, it does seem like a huge step backwards. I wonder if there is really any reward for not kicking 100% on shorter kicks? I mean, the way it should be, is if you are kicking a short kick you shouldn't be trying to get 100% because 100% would be a low trajectory and possibly be blocked. I doubt it makes any difference though..

# 53 Skyboxer @ 06/23/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Games looking great. I agree that I don't like the new kicking meter though, it does seem like a huge step backwards. I wonder if there is really any reward for not kicking 100% on shorter kicks? I mean, the way it should be, is if you are kicking a short kick you shouldn't be trying to get 100% because 100% would be a low trajectory and possibly be blocked. I doubt it makes any difference though..
Well the current kicking system is crap to so doesn't really matter IMO. I don't think we've ever had a kicking system that wasn't automatic and had drama in it.

# 54 ODogg @ 06/23/10 04:33 PM
I remember the way we did it as a house rule was we played on Heisman or All-Madden and before any FG you had to do a shot of Jack or down a beer. By the 2nd half of the game it was really hard to make field goals.

# 55 KOACHK @ 06/23/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
KOACHK, I remember an interview you did with Ian earlier in the year saying the crowd has new AI for appropriate times to stand and cheer, or if an opposing team makes a big play to stay seated, etc.

From the E3 videos it looks as though the crowd is constantly standing and clapping no matter what is happening on the field. Did you notice this? What happened to the crowd AI?

Thanks!
That defintely wasn't me doing that interview CH. As far as noticing the crowd; I did eventually notice the empty seats when I was uploading the video, but I didn't think the crowd was standing and cheering all of the time either. -Glad you and everyone else are enjoying the video!

# 56 ch46647 @ 06/23/10 05:31 PM
Thank you for the videos, they are much appreciated.

# 57 LBzrule @ 06/23/10 05:57 PM
Thanks Koach, I got a chance to see some new plays in the Ravens O Book. End around, PA End Around and then the running play. Should be fun adding those in. Also do you know if that I Flex Twins is the same as FSU on the NCAA demo?

Now as for the play. My biggest concern is not what we see here. My biggest concern is if the scenario were different would the result be the same. Suppose Flacco was not pressured. Would the game, which it hasn't in the past, allow the QB to throw the ball to the back pylon so only Pitta could get it? Or would the do the old way and let Reavis still leap up in the air at that point and warp backwards and still swat the pass? The play as it is given here is not a problem, but to see a player warp, given the historical context of this game, does not allow the mind to rest easy. We better have better ball placement this year for QB's.

# 58 KOACHK @ 06/23/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Thank you for the videos, they are much appreciated.
-No problem at all CH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Thanks Koach, I got a chance to see some new plays in the Ravens O Book. End around, PA End Around and then the running play. Should be fun adding those in. Also do you know if that I Flex Twins is the same as FSU on the NCAA demo?
Hey LBZ; long time no chat man! -I didn't get a chance to really get into any offensive formations in-depth, so I really couldn't give you a qualified answer regarding I Flex twins for the Ravens and Florida State playbooks; sorry about that.

# 59 cam21224 @ 06/23/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
You guys do realize that Heap was running a delayed route, right? Go back and look at the play the user selected (the one on the right). Heap route is in blue which means he's acts if he is blocking then releases and starts his route.

I agree.
Yes thats clearly visible, Heap shutters (animation looks horrible btw).

He could have at least tried to buy his QB more time (he was suppose to get a hand on the defender then release.) instead of allowing the defender a clear path to pressure that bad throw which turned into six the other way.

Either way you slice it Heap looks good awful on that play.

# 60 SincerelYourz @ 06/24/10 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31_OS
Speed slider.
no, revis does not run a 4.0/40...especially while running at an angle...with pads on...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.