Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Hey guys,

Most of you are well aware our UFC patch is out, I won't just simply copy-paste my message here, hit the link for the full change list if you need:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/245220

On a different note, my apologies if my absence and/or lack of posting sent some unfortunate signals. The honest truth is i've been swamped with WWE and UFC meetings, and am trying to find the right balance of time, i'm pretty sure a lot of the planning meetings will die down so I can actually get down to business. That and handling both communities, both websites, and about 30 people on each end of me, i'm not gonna lie, its definitely a challenge I am adjusting to. My C&C days prepared me well though!

I realize that's not what you want to hear, but just working on getting my bearings. Our official forums need A LOT of work, we're improving them, and though I am becoming passionately tied to OS, UOC, and the rest, getting our official forums to be more like it is HERE, is one of my top goals.

I am going to start doing a lot of UFC research this summer, the goal being to get this community way more involved at an extremely early stage in our process, and building support for the UFC community in general. Told Steve i'd like to get some cool prizes here (how about a Brock Lesnar signed copy up for grabs) to give OS some fun contests.

The patch may have some associated issues, I am looking in to that with the dev team so I don't bring any exact update tonight. The stat screen prior to a match I nor the dev team have given up on, its still something I will pursue very hard.

And in general, really appreciate your guys dedication to the sport and our game in general. I hope to prove my worth as your dedicated Community Manager.

Thanks for the ***-kick Steve

For those who have downloaded the patch, how is it shaping up for you this far? What system are you on? I'm trying to isolate any issues we may still have with connections or Super CAF's.

Cheers guys,
Tank

~ Brendan Schaub wants to take some of you down, he is hardcore, met him in Vegas last weekend at TUF finale, dude can play!

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 eeyor @ 07/01/10 06:21 AM
Thats one of the main gripes I have with the game. They do things for the sake of onlineplay, however it comes at the cost of SP gameplay. The whole patch made offline worse than before. That is why I deleted the patch, because it only caters the online fraction of the users. Like with every good game, if you have a solid foundation in terms of gameplay, both single and multiplayer can be done so that nobody feels an unfair disadvantage. However if you look at the gripes in the game, they mostly come from multiplayer thinking.

# 62 Illustrator76 @ 07/01/10 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I'm back to 2009. Loving it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I'm running with 2009.
Thanks guys, I may have to do the same. The only thing that sucks is that guys like Carwin, JDS, Roy Nelson, etc... aren't in 2009, but that's a price I'll have to pay for better gameplay I guess.

# 63 eeyor @ 07/01/10 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Thanks guys, I may have to do the same. The only thing that sucks is that guys like Carwin, JDS, Roy Nelson, etc... aren't in 2009, but that's a price I'll have to pay for better gameplay I guess.
if you delete the patch for 2009 you can create guys really fast using the exploit for the caf mode. mma-caf.com has nearly all important cafs so if you want to invest 2-3 hours you can have all these guys in okay quality

# 64 Illustrator76 @ 07/01/10 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
if you delete the patch for 2009 you can create guys really fast using the exploit for the caf mode. mma-caf.com has nearly all important cafs so if you want to invest 2-3 hours you can have all these guys in okay quality
Hey, thanks for the tip. I will look in to that now!

# 65 BigDofBA @ 07/03/10 06:50 PM
I downloaded the patch and it is still very hard for me to find a game online.

Everytime I try to play a ranked online match, it takes forever and most of the time I have to try over and over before I get a game. Even then it is usually laggy.

Anyone else in the same boat?

# 66 CaptainZombie @ 07/03/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I downloaded the patch and it is still very hard for me to find a game online.

Everytime I try to play a ranked online match, it takes forever and most of the time I have to try over and over before I get a game. Even then it is usually laggy.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Which system are you on? My brother is on the PS3 and he says he has the same exact problem trying to find a game online.

# 67 BigDofBA @ 07/03/10 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
Which system are you on? My brother is on the PS3 and he says he has the same exact problem trying to find a game online.
Xbox 360.

# 68 ejrollins @ 07/06/10 02:27 PM
Im new to this game so Im wondering in career mode, can you pick any fighter or just have to create one?

# 69 CaptainZombie @ 07/06/10 04:17 PM
Is it true in career mode now that post patch, your fighter caps at 50? I was reading that somewhere and was not sure if true. Rather goofy if true.

# 70 sb24 @ 07/06/10 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
Is it true in career mode now that post patch, your fighter caps at 50? I was reading that somewhere and was not sure if true. Rather goofy if true.
You can only earn a max of 50 points during sparring sessions. Before the patch you could get 200+ per session. THQ expected people to use points and have them decay but once they get their skills to 70 they save their points until the career ends. Not what they expected. They should have just make it where you cant save more than like 500 points instead of putting the cap at 50 per session.

# 71 CaptainZombie @ 07/06/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
You can only earn a max of 50 points during sparring sessions. Before the patch you could get 200+ per session. THQ expected people to use points and have them decay but once they get their skills to 70 they save their points until the career ends. Not what they expected. They should have just make it where you cant save more than like 500 points instead of putting the cap at 50 per session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
No - the amount of points you can get from sparring caps at 50.
Thanks for the clarification.

# 72 BigDofBA @ 07/07/10 01:48 AM
They really need to fix the flash KO's.

I was just playing an exhibition. I was Tito Ortiz and the computer was Jone Jones. I was beating the crap out of Jones and then all of the sudden he KO'd me with a body shot. I was rocked or anything.

Pretty ridiculous.

# 73 Stormyhog @ 07/11/10 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
They really need to fix the flash KO's.

I was just playing an exhibition. I was Tito Ortiz and the computer was Jone Jones. I was beating the crap out of Jones and then all of the sudden he KO'd me with a body shot. I was rocked or anything.

Pretty ridiculous.
Yeah it is frustrating to see so many fights end by a flash KO. Your almost just waiting for it to happen even if your dominating the fight, to me it is just too random.

# 74 Jukeman @ 07/13/10 11:09 AM
any word on a second patch? This game is getting dusty...

# 75 Jukeman @ 07/14/10 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Not that I'd play this game again but for future reference...

...that doesn't cut it either. That's less cheesy but also unrealistic. GSP doesn't struggle to get every takedown.
Exactly, like does the attributes mean anything???

# 76 Nicolas024 @ 07/18/10 05:53 PM
Tank my view is this.. You can not stop super cafs that are already out so to patch now just makes no sense because they are already out.. I would just leave it now and worry about it in the next ufc release.. Like I would like my super caf for offline play.. Another option is to try limit overall for online play ie no lvl higher than given lvl like 80 for online play...bevcause regardless you have those gamers that are just going to try hack the game or find a way around it...then you going to have more issues of people trying and finding a glitch some other way.. Just something to consider

# 77 Nicolas024 @ 07/18/10 07:11 PM
Now my opinion flash ko is part of the game. Even in real life in boxing or mms you can be pounding someone and catch a shot or counter and go out for the count so the flash kos are ok.. I think caf should be able to have more moves able to obtain tho..

# 78 redsrule @ 07/18/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Not every fight ends in a KO.

Not every fight ends in a submission.

Some fights go to a decision, even with both fighters going all out.

In this game, that simply doesn't happen. Not to mention - TKO's happen more frequently, because it's actually quite difficult to just KO someone, usually you're going to stun them.
It probably goes with amount of UFC fights:
Tkos
Decisions
Subs
Kos

# 79 LingeringRegime @ 07/19/10 01:08 AM
So sad that this game got great review scores across the board, yet gameplay wise it doesn't come close to UFC 2009. The game modes are awesome, what a travesty that KO's happen in almost every fight. I am seriously thinking about trading this one in, if there is no confirmation of a patch that fixes the KO/TKO issues.

# 80 CaliDude916 @ 07/19/10 05:44 PM
I haven't played this game in about a month because of how bad it is. Gonna put it on craigslist tonight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.