Home
MLB 10 News Post

Quote:
"SportsConnect Name: OSFM V4ReRated
Sendspace File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xck4yk

O.S. Full Minors V.4

Includes the Full Minors rosters with all credit to Knight165, RidinDwnKinglsey and KSig24.

Includes Faces by Knight165, Mr. Franchise and the great team of contributors to that aspect.

Includes the Stances and Accessories by Strut24 and the community at large who provided information for their local / favorite players.

Includes the Pitch and Stamina Edits by RAZRr1275 and Pope300hitter05.

Includes the majority of SCEA created players, both pitchers and hitters, re-rated utilizing the Roster Tools program using a true (non-weighted) 3 year rating average (07-08-09) as a base. These ratings were then modified in an attempt to mirror 2010 performance. Note that some SCEA created players were not modified due to lack of MLB service time and small sample set.

Full credit for this version to Bahnzo for all the work he does on the Roster Tool.

Full credit and especially thanks to ThirdDegree5803 who put in a ton of time working of this roster version.

Enjoy and please leave feedback.

V4.1 to come - Different Stamina edits."
-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4 (Franchise File)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
franchise file, let me know if anything is missed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0n3kkc

-----------------------------------------------------

OS Full Minors v4.1 (Franchise File)

Quote:

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 JaSnake16 @ 06/28/10 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Sorry for being confused, but all of this V4, V4.1, & V4.1 stamina edits, as well as the opening day, up to date current roster, and V4 with minor edit stuff really is a little perplexing when trying to figure out which roster to use.

Could someone please list each V4 roster that is on SportsConnect and briefly describe exactly what it is, as well as discussing the V4.1 that is yet to be released and how it will differ from V4?

Thank you very much.
V4 is on Sportsconnect as OSFMV4Rerated - this is the original V4 file that myself and TD did based on V3. Contained is all the bells and whistles of precious versions as well as The majority of SCEA players rerated utilizing the Roster Tool program as well as trying to reflect this years performance.

TD recently made a few minor corrections after some play on his own to a few relievers (closer durability) and upped David Price's stamina. He posted that as V4MinorCorrections (I think).

V4.1 is just an alternative to V4 since there are people in the community that request different stamina ratings other than the ones that Razr used for V3. It will utilize Bahnzo's roster tool to use the stamina rating that it comes up with. This will be completed this week. I may touch up a few things there but nothing earth shattering that will make a difference to V4. I will post those here this way anyone can modify their version to such without having to DL ANOTHER version LOL.

Hope this helps.

# 182 camel @ 06/28/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
working my way from AL east through and taking a break at the Twins for franchise file
Thanks for doing these, Hustlin! I am eagerly awaiting this one to finally start a franny.

# 183 ajf718 @ 06/28/10 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
V4 is on Sportsconnect as OSFMV4Rerated - this is the original V4 file that myself and TD did based on V3. Contained is all the bells and whistles of precious versions as well as The majority of SCEA players rerated utilizing the Roster Tool program as well as trying to reflect this years performance.

TD recently made a few minor corrections after some play on his own to a few relievers (closer durability) and upped David Price's stamina. He posted that as V4MinorCorrections (I think).

V4.1 is just an alternative to V4 since there are people in the community that request different stamina ratings other than the ones that Razr used for V3. It will utilize Bahnzo's roster tool to use the stamina rating that it comes up with. This will be completed this week. I may touch up a few things there but nothing earth shattering that will make a difference to V4. I will post those here this way anyone can modify their version to such without having to DL ANOTHER version LOL.

Hope this helps.
jasnake jenrry mejia and michael bowden of the mets ,red sox both are rp/sp .what rating would you give them for stamina .

# 184 Dean3790 @ 06/28/10 04:17 PM
v4.1 is getting worked on right now. Stamina is being adjusted using Bahnzo's tool.

# 185 grgmths1433 @ 06/28/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
v4.1 is getting worked on right now. Stamina is being adjusted using Bahnzo's tool.
hahaha!!! everytime i get started making rosters moves to current date a new verison starting coming out.is 4.1 in testing or you making a few changes.will this be out soon,if not i just stick what i have to share my updated rosters.my cutoff dated is 6/28 which is today.thanks a bunch man

# 186 ferriscj24 @ 06/28/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Rosters look great to me, pitch edits are fantastic.

Only issue I see is:

- C.C. Sabbathia was completely gassed after 95 pitches and C.C. has been known to be something of a workhorse, constantly throwing 120 pitches in games and being perfectly fine.

Everything else looks great.
I've been saying the same thing since V.3, but everyone seems to think I'm dreaming or something. Porcello pitched a dominant marathon last night for me, 5 innings of shutout ball for 72 pitches, and I had to take him out before his arm fell off. He was gassed. At 72.

I took a screen shot of Scott Kazmir a few days ago in the V.3 thread, page 51 I believe, he had about 50-60% energy left after 1 inning of 24 pitches. Yet, nobody seems to think the stamina edits are a problem.

# 187 abcabc @ 06/28/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Thanks Dean, looking forward to testing it out.

For people that still may not be clear on this, v4.1 will address starting pitcher stamina attributes using bahnzo's rostertool data. v3.0 and v4.0 did not, for starter stamina. (but v4.0, in contrast to v3.0 did use bahnzo tool data for basically 'everything else').

with v3 and v4.0, the problem for those that can see it, is the starting pitcher has ZERO energy on his energy bar by around 80? pitches... whether it takes 5IP or 7, the IP don't matter. Now, we all agree we can try to grind it out so the starter gets his 100+ pitches, but those of us seeing this as a problem in realism, agree that no MLB caliber starter is tossing his 81st to his 110th pitches w/o his mojo. In otherwords we'd like to see his energy bar depleted starting around 110-120 pitches, then if he pitches from 120 to his 130th pitch, it would be a grind it out w/ zero energy on the bar. this is basically it.

now, there is a version in between v4.0 and the yet to be released v4.1, it is called "v4 minorfixes" released by thirddegrees... he basically lowered the durability attributes of most relief pitchers.

Dean, I hope you're doing the work for v4.1 using TD's v4minorfixes?

# 188 abcabc @ 06/28/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
I've been saying the same thing since V.3, but everyone seems to think I'm dreaming or something. Porcello pitched a dominant marathon last night for me, 5 innings of shutout ball for 72 pitches, and I had to take him out before his arm fell off. He was gassed. At 72.

I took a screen shot of Scott Kazmir a few days ago in the V.3 thread, page 51 I believe, he had about 50-60% energy left after 1 inning of 24 pitches. Yet, nobody seems to think the stamina edits are a problem.
lol, well i feel for you... but you can't say no body... i'm with you, and if you've read Dean's posts the past few days, even on another thread in the sliders forum as well, you're not alone. i guess you mean 'nobody' as in anyone involved in making the rosters up to this point?

# 189 ferriscj24 @ 06/28/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
lol, well i feel for you... but you can't say no body... i'm with you, and if you've read Dean's posts the past few days, even on another thread in the sliders forum as well, you're not alone. i guess you mean 'nobody' as in anyone involved in making the rosters up to this point?
Well...in a sense, but I don't want to say that. I have been using OS Rosters for a number of years now, and the work these guys put into them, for free at that, is nothing short of amazing. I have read Dean's posts, and while he is essentially saying the same thing I am, he is delivering it a bit differently, and I don't necessarily want to be lumped into that.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Knight, HustlinOwl, Ridin, Razr, Strut, and everyone else involved on these rosters. Further, it is not my intention to take something that they have worked so hard on and gripe about it. However, I think that as a forum and as OS members, we can communicate openly about any issues that arise. I just find it kind of odd that (I use this loosely), "most" people are saying they see nothing wrong with the stamina edits in this years version of The Show.

I play as the Tigers, and Justin Verlander can go 100+ pitches no problem, even WITH these edits (His stamina is still in the 90's after the edits). But when you get into the middle and back end of your rotation, these guys are completely drained after 4 or 5 innings and anywhere from 40-60 pitches. Sometimes I get REALLY lucky and can throw 70 or so. But I just don't see how this is accurate/realistic. Not to mention, if I gas a pitcher by allowing him to throw an incredible 80 pitches in a game, when his turn comes back int he rotation 5 days later, he is only at 80% or so, which in turn means I can only get 3 or 4 innings out of him and maybe 40 pitches. Then the vicious cycle continues into the next week, and the next, and so on...

All in all, I am NOT bashing these rosters by any means whatsoever. I admire what these guys do and how they supply them to us out of their own good will. But these stamina edits/issues are, in fact, a problem. I guess I just scratch my head when I read how nobody else seems to think they are. Like I said, I even posted a screen shot of Kazmir with half energy in the tank after 24 pitches in the first. And the response to that was...It has nothing to do with the edits, he has a history of injuries, problem solved. I mean...really!? A starting pitcher can throw 24 pitches and be halfway through the tank? Come on...

# 190 Dean3790 @ 06/28/10 06:42 PM
I am literally adjusting stamina for v4.1 as I type this. We know it's an issue and it's getting adjusted.

# 191 nca34 @ 06/28/10 06:47 PM
Dean are you adjusting the starter stamina only from Bahnzo's tool or stamina for both starters and relievers? Thanks to all involved for making these, it sure adds a lot to an already great game.

# 192 boweezy21 @ 06/28/10 07:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what settings or sliders are best used for this set? I normally use All-Star Batting and HOF Pitching.

# 193 JaSnake16 @ 06/28/10 07:50 PM
To answer tge question posted earlier, dean is doing me a solid and applying bahnzos number to the set. When he's finished it will come back to me and TD to apply the 4.1 changes and other small stuff (strut had some stuff i wanted to get in for 4 but got pinched for time and demand amongst other small changed) any change from 4 to 4.1 I will list so people can make their own changes to V4 so as to update their roster w/o having to change stamina or interupt their seasons too much.

# 194 toolapc1978 @ 06/28/10 07:55 PM
Do we have a time frame on these?

# 195 strut24 @ 06/28/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
To answer tge question posted earlier, dean is doing me a solid and applying bahnzos number to the set. When he's finished it will come back to me and TD to apply the 4.1 changes and other small stuff (strut had some stuff i wanted to get in for 4 but got pinched for time and demand amongst other small changed) any change from 4 to 4.1 I will list so people can make their own changes to V4 so as to update their roster w/o having to change stamina or interupt their seasons too much.
Ja- I didnt DL V4 yet so I didnt get a chance to look but were those 4 or 5 players added yet? Lamb and those guys? Ill keep getting stances/motions and send them to you and Dean(i assume?) for v4.1. Hustlin I think is gonna do us all a solid and do the FRANCHISE file for V4.1 as well.

# 196 grgmths1433 @ 06/28/10 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
Ja- I didnt DL V4 yet so I didnt get a chance to look but were those 4 or 5 players added yet? Lamb and those guys? Ill keep getting stances/motions and send them to you and Dean(i assume?) for v4.1. Hustlin I think is gonna do us all a solid and do the FRANCHISE file for V4.1 as well.
no they didnt make it in.

# 197 strut24 @ 06/28/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
no they didnt make it in.
I dont do CAPS but someone should add them for v4.1

# 198 ThirdDegree5803 @ 06/28/10 08:33 PM
Dean...are you going team by team? or starting off with the SP then doing the RP...I don't feel like any reliever should be over a 35 stamina and most around 5-10...any chance you could release one with just the database numbers for all the starters?

# 199 Cubit @ 06/28/10 08:42 PM
I modified the v4 rosters for my own use today, but I thought I'd upload them if anyone else wanted to use them. I used Bohnzo's editor to calculate/edit the stamina ratings for all of the pitchers (SP, RP, and CP) on all the teams to make them closer to how they were before the community stamina edits were introduced. I tried to get all the pitchers, but I know I missed a few lower-level guys that weren't in Bohnzo's editor.

The roster is named "v4staminaedits" and you can find it in the vault.

# 200 abcabc @ 06/28/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24

I play as the Tigers, and Justin Verlander can go 100+ pitches no problem, even WITH these edits (His stamina is still in the 90's after the edits). But when you get into the middle and back end of your rotation, these guys are completely drained after 4 or 5 innings and anywhere from 40-60 pitches. Sometimes I get REALLY lucky and can throw 70 or so. But I just don't see how this is accurate/realistic. Not to mention, if I gas a pitcher by allowing him to throw an incredible 80 pitches in a game, when his turn comes back int he rotation 5 days later, he is only at 80% or so, which in turn means I can only get 3 or 4 innings out of him and maybe 40 pitches. Then the vicious cycle continues into the next week, and the next, and so on...
did you take a look at your starters? the answer is easy, the stamina ratings are below 70 for everyone except verlander.
verlander 94
porcello 65
scherzer 67
bonderman69
willis 62

do some testing and you'll find what the numbers 'need' to be. you'll likely see that a 70 stamina for a starter will give you about 95 throws give or take until the energy bar is gone.
up it to 80, which is over 10% increase from 70 and you get to about 105pitches before the bar is gone. staminas in the 60's like those tiger starters are good for those long middle relievers/spot starters. everyone should be stamina of 82,83,84,85 or better. Most MLB caliber starters simply do 110-115 w/ maintainable velocity... an equivalent translation to 'in-game' for the show would be for them to still have something on their energy bar up to that 110-120th pitch total. staminas need to be in the 80's.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.