Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, thanking everyone, as well as giving us a few patch #2 updates.

Quote:
"More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Special27K @ 08/04/10 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I reverted to CoD and Halo 3 yesterday, and was seriously eyeballing Red Dead Redemption. NEED... THE... TUNERS
I almost bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday cause I'm refusing to play this till I get Tuner Sets. I'm afraid to get out and go anywhere for the fear I'm gonna end up at Gamestop.

# 282 Glenn33 @ 08/04/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
I almost bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday cause I'm refusing to play this till I get Tuner Sets. I'm afraid to get out and go anywhere for the fear I'm gonna end up at Gamestop.
You should have bought Red Dead Redemption regardless...It's a GREAT game.

# 283 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This is off-topic but a response to your post
Spoiler
Disagree. If you do any of the side stuff at all it's a lengthy game - took me as long to get through it as GTA4. And it's very fun and has an involving storyline too. I really loved it, looking forward to replaying it.

# 284 KamikazeBlaize @ 08/04/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This is off-topic but a response to your post
Spoiler

As far as waiting for the tuners go, I have been playing a lot of MW2 again.
Speak for yourself I put 30 hours in for 100% like a lot of people, and I found the MP enjoyable for a few weeks after that. I usually don't even play online MP, either. Anyway that's really off-topic now, I'm just as anxious about these tuners myself so I can start all over again.

# 285 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyK
so will the patch be out tomorrow?
Nobody knows except EA, who ain't sayin'. Hopefully so.

edit - the tuners may be out tomorrow, the patch (which is separate) certainly won't be.

# 286 Chef J2 @ 08/04/10 12:07 PM
Sorry for being stupid, but I have to ask. What's the difference between updating the tuners and the second patch?

# 287 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
Sorry for being stupid, but I have to ask. What's the difference between updating the tuners and the second patch?
This question is being asked a lot. Too much, frankly. Anyway: tuners can be delivered by EA without testing or signing off by Microsoft and Sony, so they can give them to us more quickly and more often. However they can only fix certain things - they are adjusting background parameters, they can't fix broken code. The first set of tuners is supposed to come this week. Patch #2, addressing some different things, is supposed to arrive in a couple more weeks. The dynasty/recruiting/progression stuff is, as far as we've been told, all in the tuner set and not in the patch.

# 288 Chef J2 @ 08/04/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
This question is being asked a lot. Too much, frankly. Anyway: tuners can be delivered by EA without testing or signing off by Microsoft and Sony, so they can give them to us more quickly and more often. However they can only fix certain things - they are adjusting background parameters, they can't fix broken code. The first set of tuners is supposed to come this week. Patch #2, addressing some different things, is supposed to arrive in a couple more weeks. The dynasty/recruiting/progression stuff is, as far as we've been told, all in the tuner set and not in the patch.

Not to challenge your information, but only to inquire more. Where can these release dates be validated? Pardon me for asking, but these threads can become quite misleading at times with certain topics. I, like most people on here, am patiently awaiting the resolution of the dynasty issues and would like to know that this wait's end has a timeline.

# 289 Solidice @ 08/04/10 01:04 PM
Quote:
Not to challenge your information, but only to inquire more. Where can these release dates be validated? Pardon me for asking, but these threads can become quite misleading at times with certain topics. I, like most people on here, am patiently awaiting the resolution of the dynasty issues and would like to know that this wait's end has a timeline.
they haven't stated a specific date. for the patch, EA doesn't even know. it has to go through MS/Sony before it gets to us, and that could take anytime from 1 week to a month based on other game patches.

the tuning file was said to be expected this week and that comes straight from EA(stated in their blog as well).

# 290 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
All the information is contained in the blog linked to in the very first post in this thread. That's all that anyone knows at this point. Summary version: tuner set should be out this week (emphasis on "should," since he used that exact word) and they were "looking at" the dynasty progression and recruiting issues in these tuners. Patch out in mid-August, hopefully, and he did not mention anything about recruiting or progression being in the patch.

# 291 Gocats11 @ 08/04/10 01:18 PM
when does the patch come out?

# 292 jhawk886 @ 08/04/10 01:26 PM
Haha, seriously? Do you not know how to read? Or are you really just that lazy? First thing you should do is since the thread is titled "EA Sports Blog" assume there is a link to the blog, or it explains it, in the first post. Second at least read th page you're posting on. Your exact question was answered two posts above you. Third, if you're question still isn't answered, search the forums. Then if you still can't find an answer, ask the question. Don't be so completely lazy.

# 293 hawaii.warrior4 @ 08/04/10 02:05 PM
Im not doing a very good job keeping up with the time here. What exactly is the Patch going to Fix? Will patch two at least fix the schedules? I also need someone to explain to me what the Tuner does. When i get online with the PS3 will the Patch and Tuner and any other updates be automaticall loaded onto my PS3?

# 294 mcpheje @ 08/04/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocats11
Go to the very 1st post in this thread.

# 295 Motown @ 08/04/10 02:08 PM
Hearin' tomorrow for the tuners FWIW

# 296 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocats11
At this point I can only assume you're trolling.

# 297 dalecooper @ 08/04/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Hearin' tomorrow for the tuners FWIW
What is your source?

# 298 BaylorBearBryant @ 08/04/10 02:12 PM
I'm hearing Friday. Ok, I'm not really, but it is a 50-50 chance since it seems like they're not coming out today.

# 299 Motown @ 08/04/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
What is your source?
Blog Post Jul 29th: 1 wk

"Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues."

we'll see...

# 300 LambertandHam @ 08/04/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
What is your source?
A squirrel outside my window bit me when I tried to ask him

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.