Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Rob Jones has just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight. This one focusing on enhanced control.

Quote:
"Many of you have been clamoring for foot-planting technology. What we realized was that we all wanted a feeling of being planted on the ground, especially when making changes of direction. The new dribbling animation system allows for that. From a control standpoint, we discussed sweeping changes to the dribbling mechanic, but in the end settled on two fundamental changes: immediate and accurate response to input as well as a command system that replicates the needed gestures to achieve a move, instead of randomly throwing sticks and/or mashing buttons. What that means is that holding multiple triggers to activate a special move is no longer necessary and that moves reflect the intention of the user. Mike Wang will go over these controls in more depth at a later stage. We wanted feathering controls, more control over when to protect the ball and when not to, and how to decide whether or not we wanted to stay faced up to the basket or not. All of these were achieved without sacrificing what you have come to expect from an NBA 2K game: Authenticity in AI and movement for every player in the league."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 youvalss @ 07/30/10 04:54 PM
Thanks...gonna read!

# 2 infam0us @ 07/30/10 04:56 PM
Briefly brought up defense, after seeing Elite and the ability to defend with the right analog stick. 2k really needs to incorporate something like that or at least when you put your hands up with the current system your guy isn't frozen to the floor.

# 3 P21J @ 07/30/10 04:58 PM
Nice! footplanting is in! This should improve so many aspects of offense and defense this year

# 4 NINJAK2 @ 07/30/10 05:01 PM
Thanks Ermolli for posting. Decent read.

# 5 Goffs @ 07/30/10 05:03 PM
jeez Iggy is looking way to buffed...anyway off to read

# 6 SageInfinite @ 07/30/10 05:04 PM
Nice read, a little vague, but that is expected this early. I really think 2k11 will finally be the version I have personally been waiting for since 2k8. Can't wait to see some footage on alot of the things mentioned.

# 7 youvalss @ 07/30/10 05:05 PM
Great read! But is it me or Insights have become shorter?

And is that Iguodala screenshot new?

Quote:
Mike Wang will go over these controls in more depth at a later stage
Really looking forward to this.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 07/30/10 05:09 PM
I think it is because I don't remember those sneakers in 2k10. He looks on point from a build standpoint to me.

# 9 mvp kobe @ 07/30/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Great read! But is it me or Insights have become shorter?

And is that Iguodala screenshot new?

Really looking forward to this.
yea the creen shot s new

# 10 Goffs @ 07/30/10 05:10 PM
out of all that this caught my eye

Quote:
Passing was another area in need of a major upgrade. We wanted to differentiate good passers from bad ones both from a User standpoint and from a ratings standpoint. You’ll see in videos the variety and the outcome of our work.
sweet! finally vids accompanying on what they're writing about!

# 11 thereginator28 @ 07/30/10 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
jeez Iggy is looking way to buffed...anyway off to read

# 12 MarvellousOne @ 07/30/10 05:21 PM
Woot the shiny bulls uniforms are back and in full effect once again!!! Man I can't wait for them to finally change that....anyway pretty decent read, not very in-depth as I would have hoped for but it works for now.

# 13 noshun @ 07/30/10 05:34 PM
Nice, off to read.

# 14 youvalss @ 07/30/10 06:10 PM
This is a pretty general Insight. I was expecting more indepth one. I guess we'll have to wait for Mike Wang's Insight.

# 15 Eman5805 @ 07/30/10 06:15 PM
Boozer looks like he's about to cry.

All very promising. Especially the part about defensive movement enhancements.

# 16 TheKasmar @ 07/30/10 06:18 PM
Footplanting was awful in 2k10 aka defensive stance and general movement. It's good to see they are trying to change it. Cant wait to see what they did about the passing.

# 17 Sinner @ 07/30/10 06:35 PM
Yeah that was a pretty vague insight but nice little info, can't wait for this game. Oct 6 will be my Vacation Day, sometimes im not able to get games till around 12 or so here and half of the day is wasted. I will get it on the 5th, play late..wake up on the 6th and play most if not all day.

# 18 Furq @ 07/30/10 06:43 PM
I'm really hoping they have options for players on certain plays.

For example, the Celtics.

Ray Allen usually has his teammate set a screen near the wing, and if the defender goes under the screen Ray will come towards the center of the court (above the screen) for the open 3.

If the defender shoots the passing lane to deny the wing 3, Ray will drift to the corner for the 3. I play as Boston, but I'm sure every team has a similar thing for their perimeter shooters

# 19 youvalss @ 07/30/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Yeah that was a pretty vague insight but nice little info, can't wait for this game. Oct 6 will be my Vacation Day, sometimes im not able to get games till around 12 or so here and half of the day is wasted. I will get it on the 5th, play late..wake up on the 6th and play most if not all day.
That was the day MJ retired for the first time. Do you see the significance?

# 20 Tha_Kid @ 07/30/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
I'm really hoping they have options for players on certain plays.

For example, the Celtics.

Ray Allen usually has his teammate set a screen near the wing, and if the defender goes under the screen Ray will come towards the center of the court (above the screen) for the open 3.

If the defender shoots the passing lane to deny the wing 3, Ray will drift to the corner for the 3. I play as Boston, but I'm sure every team has a similar thing for their perimeter shooters
Something like this is why I don't get why they haven't just taken Live's play running, where the icon above multiple players while the play is running. Press pass and it goes to the option the play is ran for, but see something the defense is doing and instead you could hit your shooter or a big downlow.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.