Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"Being my first time going hands-on with NBA 2K11, I was shocked at how skilled the CPU players were. Make a bad pass and you'll pay for it; linger too long on a jump shot and watch it get swatted -- starting to sense a theme here? Aimlessly playing was kind of like being slapped across the face with a limp, wet fish: painful, humiliating and just a tad bit slimy. The awareness of these players was startling."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rocboyz101 @ 08/17/10 03:37 PM

# 2 Goffs @ 08/17/10 03:46 PM
^ man I hope so...that would be great!

# 3 Jano @ 08/17/10 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlightBrothers
I like the part when he said " linger around too long for a jumpshot and watch it get swatted" Does this mean the contexual jumpshots are back? when you release the right stick he actually shoots it and just doesnt simply carry out his animation? :
Now that would be great I missed that, made timing jumpshots in 2K10 awkward without it.

# 4 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 04:04 PM
That Wolves Wiz screen is gorgeous..

How do you guys like the new sock texture. The wrinkles look a tad exaggerated. No biggy though.

50 days to go!!!

# 5 aloncho11 @ 08/17/10 04:07 PM
Nice screens. Looks like the worked on the new rims too.

# 6 youvalss @ 08/17/10 04:13 PM
That #4 guy on the Knicks...I see his calf sleeve and I wish I could see the bottom end of it...to see if the sock bug was fixed. Still, this calf sleeve looks good. Nice texture!

Edit...
Umm is this the same guy on the other screenshot? Calf sleeve still going all the way down?

# 7 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlightBrothers
I like the part when he said " linger around too long for a jumpshot and watch it get swatted" Does this mean the contexual jumpshots are back? when you release the right stick he actually shoots it and just doesnt simply carry out his animation? :
Hope so. Wang has always been big on the feel of jumpshooting in an NBA game so I'd expect that aspect to be improved.

That comment actually kinda worries me though. I didn't like how quick and explosive the aggressive shot blocks were in 2k10.

Heck, the flat footed canned contests were slower...that's just not right.

# 8 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That #4 guy on the Knicks...I see his calf sleeve and I wish I could see the bottom end of it...to see if the sock bug was fixed. Still, this calf sleeve looks good. Nice texture!

Edit...
Umm is this the same guy on the other screenshot? Calf sleeve still going all the way down?
Yes, its Anthony Randolph. How do you know it's not just a long sock though?

Somebody needs to hit up Mike Wang on Twitter to see if he can give any insight...

# 9 youvalss @ 08/17/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Yes, its Anthony Randolph. How do you know it's not just a long sock though?
Look at the other screenshot of J-Rich dunking (different angle). I think you can see Randolph there behing J-Rich. I'ts probably a calf sleeve, but it's still going all the way down.
I think it's a calf sleeve because on the screenshot where he's standing with his back to us, it looks like a calf sleeve - look closer.

# 10 Rocboyz101 @ 08/17/10 04:28 PM
Hope that doesn't mean a bunch of jumpshots are gonna be getting blocked again.

# 11 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Hope that doesn't mean a bunch of jumpshots are gonna be getting blocked again.
That's my worry as well, the really need to slow down and allow for a gather on those agressive swats.

# 12 Rocboyz101 @ 08/17/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
That's my worry as well, the really need to slow down and allow for a gather on those agressive swats.
the suction effect/urealistic closeout speeds were part of the problem as well, but hte core issue is how they defend jumpshots. Alot of the time, they jump like they're blocking layups/dunks.

# 13 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
the suction effect/urealistic closeout speeds were part of the problem as well, but hte core issue is how they defend jumpshots. Alot of the time, they jump like they're blocking layups/dunks.
QFT

My biggest beef with the game....twinkle toe closeouts I like to call them.

# 14 SageInfinite @ 08/17/10 04:58 PM
Screenshots just keep getting better and better.

# 15 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/17/10 05:00 PM
yeah, 2k looks amazing this year.

# 16 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 05:00 PM
Noticed the got the new Wolves unis in there. Much better looking without the green.

# 17 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/10 05:25 PM
My eyebrow went up on the controls. That's about it. Need hands on.

# 18 RipCity71252 @ 08/17/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Screenshots just keep getting better and better.
Funny how that works...

# 19 Vast @ 08/17/10 10:20 PM
I'm hyped at how difficult it was for the dude to score. Only scoring 18 at halftime with Jordan, along with what sounds like very improved defense, I can't wait.

Also - We all new the controls weren't going to match mup with Elites but to hear that its pretty much a shade below elites control is music to my ears.

# 20 Jonesy @ 08/17/10 10:26 PM
Seriously this is without a doubt my most anticipated game of the year. Everything is sounding and looking great so far!!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.