Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 staffan @ 08/18/10 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
RTF?

RTP*......will incorporate proper hit detection.

i believe that what they focused on in this video? did you miss that
Haha...I was thinking/writing in Swedish: Physics=Fysik...

I really hope it will provide what you are saying but are we sure?

# 62 COACH WEBB @ 08/18/10 08:40 AM
Though they just released this video, I don't think what they showed was from one of the newer builds. I'm intrigued about trying something new and innovative. I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a long time Live fan and I honestly don't remember the last time I said that I was looking forward to the release of this game. Its going to be a very good game.

# 63 bballdude17 @ 08/18/10 09:23 AM
liking the rebound by hakim warrick
also the self alley

# 64 Muzyk23 @ 08/18/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Gotta love the haters, yea yea we get it, you don't like anything about this game...you can sit there and tear every video apart while we play and have fun.
I think you should stop hyping this game up because you are making it something it isn't and won't be.

Both titles are torn apart every year in smallest detail. Get used to it.

# 65 Mrko @ 08/18/10 11:56 AM
I'm sorry but i don't understand the reason for changing the name from live to elite. It's basically the same game with improvements. More polished player models, new shot mechanics, & somewhat of a physics engine. All of this could've just been added to Live. The video was ok, nothing to rant & rave about. Still have stiff animations and sliding. The self ally looked good, but nothing groundbreaking IMO. Really hope they can do something with this game, and not just trying to con people with what should've been in the NBA LIVE series.

# 66 dexvex @ 08/18/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrko
I'm sorry but i don't understand the reason for changing the name from live to elite. It's basically the same game with improvements. More polished player models, new shot mechanics, & somewhat of a physics engine. All of this could've just been added to Live. The video was ok, nothing to rant & rave about. Still have stiff animations and sliding. The self ally looked good, but nothing groundbreaking IMO. Really hope they can do something with this game, and not just trying to con people with what should've been in the NBA LIVE series.
I love how you try to classify physics engine as some minor upgrade lol.

# 67 kwas676 @ 08/18/10 01:36 PM
Vid was ok I wait for the demo the only thing I'm worried about is the players staying in a defensive stand looks ugly, and sometimes it looks like players have lack of awareness of there surrounding. I hope the game ends up good I'm pretty sure these guys are working hard to deliver a great game.

# 68 adwen @ 08/18/10 01:49 PM
its pretty good but the only thing thats going to impress me is the demo

# 69 ParisB @ 08/18/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I think you should stop hyping this game up because you are making it something it isn't and won't be.

Both titles are torn apart every year in smallest detail. Get used to it.
I'm not hyping anything man I know what we had in Live 10 and know how to make reasonable expectations from what we're seeing. I'm optimistic though because I've seen titles like MVP baseball, FIFA, NHL, Fight Night, Tiger Woods etc. revolutionize sports gaming and leave the competition behind. Its not an overnight process, but I'm seeing good progress. I can see a WIP and not cut it to pieces. Very few people here give solid constructive criticism or feedback while focusing on what is being shown and looking at the strides in the overall picture. A lot of guys here already have their minds made up and just hit refresh so they can paste cookie cutter responses of how not impressed they are and that everything is wrong. Analyzing everything in slow motion makes me think they don't enjoy any video games, or at least only the ones they choose to due to biased reasons

# 70 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwen
its pretty good but the only thing thats going to impress me is the demo
Yeah, definitely. Visually the game does not seemed to have changed much outside of the removal of canned animations. Still plenty of awkward stuff going on, like Bosh's post move. That stuff just looks bad.

This game is either going to be a big success or a gigantic flop, right now it seems like it's Live '10 with better physics and the shot stick. I gotta admit I'm a little concerned.

# 71 Mrko @ 08/18/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
I love how you try to classify physics engine as some minor upgrade lol.
I didn't say it was a minor upgrade, but you don't need to change the name of a game just because you added physics. They already had a somewhat decent game. Just add the physics engine and update the graphic. Changing the name makes people think this is a completely new game, when its not. They could have left the name alone and just talked about the changes they made for live11 to be better than live10

# 72 İroke @ 08/18/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I'm not hyping anything man I know what we had in Live 10 and know how to make reasonable expectations from what we're seeing. I'm optimistic though because I've seen titles like MVP baseball, FIFA, NHL, Fight Night, Tiger Woods etc. revolutionize sports gaming and leave the competition behind. Its not an overnight process, but I'm seeing good progress. I can see a WIP and not cut it to pieces. Very few people here give solid constructive criticism or feedback while focusing on what is being shown and looking at the strides in the overall picture. A lot of guys here already have their minds made up and just hit refresh so they can paste cookie cutter responses of how not impressed they are and that everything is wrong. Analyzing everything in slow motion makes me think they don't enjoy any video games, or at least only the ones they choose to due to biased reasons
I don't know if you're talking about me, 'cause I saw the video in slow motion yesterday, but trust me, it was to find little details. In fact, I liked Live 10 more than 2k10, and right now, I'm looking forward to play Elite 11 and FIFA all day, lol.

# 73 dexvex @ 08/18/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
I didn't say it was a minor upgrade, but you don't need to change the name of a game just because you added physics. They already had a somewhat decent game. Just add the physics engine and update the graphic. Changing the name makes people think this is a completely new game, when its not. They could have left the name alone and just talked about the changes they made for live11 to be better than live10
They had a decent game and sales declined yet you still don't see why they needed to change the name?

# 74 Jano @ 08/18/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah, definitely. Visually the game does not seemed to have changed much outside of the removal of canned animations. Still plenty of awkward stuff going on, like Bosh's post move. That stuff just looks bad.

This game is either going to be a big success or a gigantic flop, right now it seems like it's Live '10 with better physics and the shot stick. I gotta admit I'm a little concerned.
All I'm hoping for is an improvement over Live 10 (preferably a substantial one). One where I don't feel like throwing my controller or turning off the system every time I play lol!

# 75 Mrko @ 08/18/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
They had a decent game and sales declined yet you still don't see why they needed to change the name?
So changing the name means better sales. I don't think so. Not trying to turn this into an EA vs. 2k thing, but hear me out. Madden kicked 2k's but all the way up to 2k5. 2k didn't change their name to boost sales. They made their game the best that they could, plus lowered their price. People loved it and to this day they compare it to Madden. So changing the name and adding a physics engine, won't make the game better if it's not done right. If changing a name is all you need to buy a game and for them to sell more, then go for it. Im just saying all these changes could have been just added to live.

# 76 Jano @ 08/18/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
So changing the name means better sales. I don't think so. Not trying to turn this into an EA vs. 2k thing, but hear me out. Madden kicked 2k's but all the way up to 2k5. 2k didn't change their name to boost sales. They made their game the best that they could, plus lowered their price. People loved it and to this day they compare it to Madden. So changing the name and adding a physics engine, won't make the game better if it's not done right. If changing a name is all you need to buy a game and for them to sell more, then go for it. Im just saying all these changes could have been just added to live.
This situation is a lil different to me because even though Madden was killin 2K in sales the difference in quality wasnt as huge as Live vs 2K.

Live 06 and 07 were terrible and stripped down games, 08 and 09 finally jumped up in terms of features but still weren't great in terms of gameplay.

Live 10 had decent gameplay but still couldn't compete with its comp on every level. All while this is happening EA has been getting a bad rap (deservedly so) for the nba Live series they lost a ton of fans during 06-08 iterations.

And after Live 10 they are finally starting to gain back some fans but they still have this cloud over their heads. So I think the name change is a good thing I don't think it will change much in terms sells.

I look at it like the change from Knockout Kings to Fight Night, this is like a start of a new era for EA bball lets just hope they can start it off right...

# 77 ataman5 @ 08/18/10 04:02 PM
Again a year for ea to make it right or again leaving us feeling as this game is hopeless in ways.

I'm glad the effort the producers have put in this game, cause i can judge it only by reading, and reading what producers say.

And they brag about a lot of the feeling of the game itself, so i really need to play the demo to judge the physics on my own and how it really feels.

I'm a bit worried that it could be really hard to get it all right in one cycle and that may lead this game with its bad history to be sold not much and then will this turn out to be another rebuild cycle for elite/live 12??

All i want to see is what fifa is doing for the last 3 years including 11, they have found the base(a solid one) and build on by tweaking to perfect it.

# 78 Pared @ 08/18/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
All I'm hoping for is an improvement over Live 10 (preferably a substantial one). One where I don't feel like throwing my controller or turning off the system every time I play lol!
If these are you expectations I doubt you will be disappointed.

Live 10 left me with an "ehh" feeling after some extended play. I know a few really liked it, but it felt like a copy of 2k's game in Live's realm.

This felt different enough that it kept me wanting to play.

My only issue is it probably won't feel as finished as I would like. There is still some "awkwardness" in the jumping from players, especially on blocks.

Hard to explain, but I just notice the lack of an appropriate gather. It's a tradeoff for the feel of control.

There are other areas like this but it's nit-picking this year. The game adds enough that is new to the genre that I'm excited about the finished product.

I just think those expecting a fully sigged, blow you out of the water NBA experience that is impossible to achieve in the time they had will be let down a bit.

# 79 Nephilim @ 08/18/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If these are you expectations I doubt you will be disappointed.

Live 10 left me with an "ehh" feeling after some extended play. I know a few really liked it, but it felt like a copy of 2k's game in Live's realm.

This felt different enough that it kept me wanting to play.

My only issue is it probably won't feel as finished as I would like. There is still some "awkwardness" in the jumping from players, especially on blocks.

Hard to explain, but I just notice the lack of an appropriate gather. It's a tradeoff for the feel of control.

There are other areas like this but it's nit-picking this year. The game adds enough that is new to the genre that I'm excited about the finished product.

I just think those expecting a fully sigged, blow you out of the water NBA experience that is impossible to achieve in the time they had will be let down a bit.
What do you think about their graphics? Colors, animations, models?

# 80 Pared @ 08/18/10 05:22 PM
Colors were infinitely better overall, animations needed work and some models were really well done. I'm not crazy how they look in the media here. Almost as if they didn't have the chance to give as much attention to lesser players. The cover guys, LBJ, Artest all looked great.

The great control supercedes all that though. It was just fun. Those that nitpick are going to tear this game to pieces, sadly. But that's just this forum, and not the typical gamer IMO.

Their biggest hurdle is the mindset that they can't offer a solid basketball title. If they had someone to explain all the flash of the NBA you'd see more adoption from the general masses. They need more style in the game. Player specific things that makes the fan smile when they see it.

Kids will want to buy a game to see John Wall dance or play dress up with Jordan rather than the excellent mid-range game. Once Elite can find that NBA inspired balance you will see the sales gap close.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.