Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

User vs. AI Video:

Our second NBA ELITE 11 gameplay video features more 5 on 5 action with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on a CPU controlled Oklahoma City Thunder. The game is played on a pre-final build on All Star difficulty. Check out REAL AI in action as Kevin Durant attacks the basket with sequences that he recorded himself. You will be seeing more of these videos leading up to the demo.

In NBA ELITE 11 you're in control.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mvb34 @ 09/02/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
HAHA, I feel like I'm watching a Playstation 1 game. Did Kristic really run out of bounds after the Chris Wilcox missed shot? If you buy this game over 2K11, you have no appreciation for real basketball. I gotta go wash my eyes out now
He made the pass before going out of bounds...

# 22 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/02/10 05:27 PM
Im telling you..that hopstep is going to performed over and over and over again, by these lunatics online.

I grimace every time I see it.

The hopstep is the one thing that really, really bugs me, from a gameplay stand point.

# 23 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdude17
but why the pistons? there a decent team to show off but what about others like the bulls, magic, nuggets, celtics, etc
lol thats what i said

# 24 BlackCloudDoggy @ 09/02/10 05:28 PM
It's cool. Doesn't look horrible and doesn't look great. I don't know how much we are gonna get from videos. If your looking to get blown away from a visual standpoint it's not gonna happen. The controls and responsiveness is what it's about this year. I'm waiting for the demo. If the controls and responsiveness is not what they say they are then I will be dissapointed.

# 25 blingballa333 @ 09/02/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
damn just go away you always have these super off topiic post trying to start an argument
Don't bring up the "other game" in your posts and I won't have to confront you about it.

# 26 bigball12 @ 09/02/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman15
Lmaooo

ALL SHOTS ARE SWISH!!!!!!!
Live 06-09 all over again. Mike Wang is a genius! It's a shame that they wouldn't just make Live 10 prettier, and fix the bugs. Nearly everyone was happy with the improvements last year.

# 27 Rules @ 09/02/10 05:31 PM
I think everyone is being a little too mean concerning this game. Personally, I think it is the best PSP game that I have seen to date.

# 28 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 05:31 PM
For those that think the graphics look ps1-ish i think it will look a lot better on your tv and even better if you got hd. just look at the screenshoots.

# 29 user600 @ 09/02/10 05:32 PM
At 4:08 Kristic morphs through Wilcox.

# 30 bballdude17 @ 09/02/10 05:33 PM
what happened to the fastbreak as well?

# 31 DGMikeBarker @ 09/02/10 05:36 PM
I like the atmosphere and Mark Jackson. As for the gameplay, it's atrocious. The gameplay in the first video was alot better to me.

# 32 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/02/10 05:38 PM
Not even trying to be funny here, but they should honestly stop releasing videos and just talk about the features and what not.

This is a horrible looking game. This looks like PS1. Dribbling, shooting, dunking, overall movement...all look like it belongs on a PS1. Almost bought Live last year, I thought it would be a lock for me getting both games now I've never been so sure of this game being bad.

# 33 bballdude17 @ 09/02/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman15
LMAO at the euro step by prince at 3:24 WOWWWW
i know right, and it was user control by someone who has been playing this game for a while

# 34 jrose57 @ 09/02/10 05:41 PM
I am not trying to pick out all the bad things in this video or game, I always say this and I will repeat again, live 04-05 were perfect, 06 and 10 were alright (meaning playable at times), 11 seems to be okay to me still, I don't really mind those ugly step-back or rebounds, basically in live 10, there are a few problems and if you guys just fix those, this elite 11 will be nearly perfect???

1. The drive, the player gets into the lane and will get suck into those really weird mid-air contacts with the big men in the paint, take away these the game should be fine...just make the drive more natural and change those body contacts.

2. Crossovers, if you use lebron wade paul, you can crossover the guy until he falls into it and then you get wide open lane for the dunk, this almost never happens in the nba, how often can you completely cross up somebody?

3. Fastbreak, both user and cpu never run fastbreak, whenever I tried to run, the wing players stop, should be easy to fix...

4. Pick and Roll, this play called "ANGLE ROLLER", the guy wif the ball up top at the key, and then a big comes from the free throw line with give a pick and you can lead the guy wif the ball to hit his defender against this pick and you get an open lane every single time, this is a cheese move against the cpu

These are all the problems I have with live 10, if they are all gone in elite 11, I will get the game, BUT since it doesn't allow us to play shorter season in dynasty, nope, not getting it this year, first time in my life man...what a disappointment, you guys I am talking about.

# 35 TheKasmar @ 09/02/10 05:42 PM
Commentary wasnt that bad to me as well. I didnt comment on the other videos because it seemed like everybody was pouring gasoline on the fire. There is something strange and lacking about these early-build videos. The trajectory of the ball looks off. The simple animations have regressed from Live 10. The giant euro step by Prince looked insane. On the positive side it was user-controlled and I cant wait to pull moves like that in the demo.

# 36 nccomicfan @ 09/02/10 05:42 PM
the demo better part the Red Sea at this point..I cannot believe how awful these look. I knew i was in trouble as soon as I saw Prince block Durant and the ball dropped straight to the floor, the same terrible looking image I have seen the last two years.

Much like Madden, the commentary clearly was not recorded in the same room.No interaction, no flow and as I stated in the other vid thread, token ESPN presentation at best

The dribble moves look nice, but I don't need to see guys going behind their back 2 or 3 times on the way up the floor.Absolutely will be worse online

That did not look like Durant imho

as so many have stated, looks very 2 generations ago, still waiting to be shown a 60 dollar game

# 37 Gmoney2002 @ 09/02/10 05:42 PM
SMH the same robotic movement that's plagued this series for some time now. IMO, Live 10 had much better gather animations for dunks and layups. The dribbling system is still on point though but the net/ball/rim interaction looks like its taken a step back. Jumpshots still looks awkard to me as well.

Unless EA finds a way to utilize the large budget they should have and VASTLY expand their animation library, these same issues will hinder Elites potential.

"The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different resutls."

I will try the demo though to get my BBALL fix that's for sure.

# 38 russwg1970 @ 09/02/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlinb
animations and movements STINK in this game...what was up with that fastbreak that westbrook had off of that block? the rim and net still looks suspect with both missed and made shots..I know its just my opinion and im only one person but i will not be supporting EA on this one...

Do some of us a favor and show us NBA JAM footage!

BOOOOMSHAKALAKA mudda f***a
Exactly, this looks like NBA Jam, only not as fun. Why would anyone get this over 2k? I long ago lost interest in thug ball.... and haven't played a video basketball game since 2k8. This game won't change that. But 2k just might...

# 39 Tha.Pink.Pantha @ 09/02/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
For those that think the graphics look ps1-ish i think it will look a lot better on your tv and even better if you got hd. just look at the screenshoots.
*sigh*

It seems you have an agenda to uphold the honor of EA amidst the majority negativity towards the game. But there's no need to say outright silly things like this.

# 40 ehh @ 09/02/10 05:44 PM
I choked on my coffee when I saw Prince's fast break euro-hop.

Visually the game is just bad but the game play doesn't seem that bad outside of the shooting % which can be adjusted via sliders.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.