Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
are you complaining because the only solution to play offline is BS, or that people need to stop complaining because they can still play offline?
He's saying that if the solution to possible online problems is to play offline, then that's bs.

# 142 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:17 AM
Quote:
i dont know, i have played both games in the past, and i guess 2k doesnt really have the same problems as EA. Everytime i hear the reason behind using real time physics, and getting rid of 2P animations it is simply because EA hasnt figured out how to get away with it. Sure you will see some awkward instances in both games, but i see them occur more times in Live. What i am trying to say is 2P animations are not bad if you can figure out how to implement them in a variation of ways, and to also make sure that they occur in appropriate situations. EA has to either figure that out, or continue on their journey with this RTP engine. I guess its another wait and hope session for Elite supporters.
You should check out my diatribe in the other thread...

# 143 mlp111 @ 09/05/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rubball
If a developer is reading this (reanimator or who ever) then Please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee improve the ball to rim physics or make some three point shots hit the rim while they go in like last years game and not just swishes everytime. This is a very important factor in the game...makes it feel realistic let alone look great. I like everything else about it so far.
sorry to inform you but the net and rim physics for elite 11 "WON'T" BE CHANGING THIS YEAR!!! I read this in the physic thread, reanimator said that not all physic were changed or address from live 10 (the foundation), they left some physic alone, he stated that it was the rim and net physic that they didn't change this year, i don't remember what page he addressed that on, but i know for sure its in the ask the dev physics thread......

# 144 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You should check out my diatribe in the other thread...
which other thread??

# 145 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
bruh now you are the one attacking posters. I was just simply saying some may prefer to play offline and like it better then playing online if what 23 talked about is the case because the cpu wont exploit things that cheesers would.

I dont know how that is bs in the first place. There are alot of people who would just rather play dynasty mode, season mode or other game modes then play online anyway. Online is not for everyone
He's not attacking anyone. He's saying that some people love to play online. Many people do and saying, "well screw it, you're SOL" to online fans is unacceptable.

# 146 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
sorry to inform you but the net and rim physics for elite 11 "WON'T" BE CHANGING THIS YEAR!!! I read this in the physic thread, reanimator said that not all physic were changed or address from live 10 (the foundation), they left some physic alone, he stated that it was the rim and net physic that they didn't change this year, i don't remember what page he addressed that on, but i know for sure its in the ask the dev physics thread......
am i the only one bothered by the sound as well. It just sounds funky.

# 147 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:23 AM
Quote:
which other thread??
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041555996

# 148 23 @ 09/05/10 02:26 AM
I wanted to say that was an awesome post by the way Boilerbuzz

# 149 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/05/10 02:28 AM
Quote:
oh yea i remember reading that, just didnt remember who wrote it

# 150 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I wanted to say that was an awesome post by the way Boilerbuzz
Thanks man. I tried to make sure not to offend anyone. I didn't intend for it to be long either.

# 151 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/05/10 02:32 AM
This is the best video of Elite thus far. I'm liking some of the moves here. I like CP3's fadeaway (even though he didn't need to fade on that one), I also like the pivot.

One thing that bothers me in Elite is if you watch this video, and you don't look at the player names, it is very hard to know who's who (except for Kaman) It seems everybody has the same body structure/length/etc.

# 152 23 @ 09/05/10 02:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks man. I tried to make sure not to offend anyone. I didn't intend for it to be long either.

You pretty much detailed thoughts I tried to make a couple of days ago

Alot of people in here, now probably just a couple are touting words they dont even know, but that was excellent and not long enough lol

# 153 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/05/10 02:45 AM
Quote:
and thats why i have never been able to take Live/Elite seriously. I just never get the feeling that there basketball games are aiming to show the sport in its purest form. I think whats most important to the devs of Elite is making sure the game is fun, which isnt bad, but sometimes fun doesnt necessarily represent the sport.

Its something thats always troubled this genre especially in hoops. I remember being on a fishing boat watching two complete novices play NBA 2k3 for the first time. They seemed to be having a decent time with the game though after about 10 minutes of actual time one of them remarked that they hadn't seen a dunk. It would be roughly another ten minutes before the first dunk and in those ten minutes it was like they were handling fallen meteorite. Like they couldn't fathom a basketball video game that didn't have plenty dunks. Thats the challenge with the NBA I just don't want Elite to regress with the shooting because with synergy they were really on the right track with realistic shooting percentages.

# 154 rockchisler @ 09/05/10 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes305
2k is better
Thanks for trolling, but this is about Elite

# 155 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Thanks for trolling, but this is about Elite
I know it's hard, but the best tonic for trolls is total isolation. Ignore to the fullest.

# 156 23 @ 09/05/10 02:58 AM
Please dont quote a post that has already been infracted

# 157 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 03:29 AM
Quote:
He's not attacking anyone. He's saying that some people love to play online. Many people do and saying, "well screw it, you're SOL" to online fans is unacceptable.
o ok. I dont know the exact percentages or numbers but seeing as much of elite users play online i would think they would keep those things in mind and forget about them. If there is some exploits as a result of the changes then hopefully they will fix it with patches. That is one thing ea has been good with.

# 158 23 @ 09/05/10 03:31 AM
really? because last years patch killed the game

# 159 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
really? because last years patch killed the game
For me it didnt. Like the first patch fixed some of the hitcheness, it added the backdown button by pressing the r thumb stick and some other things. Weather or not that killed the game must be one of those things thats based on opinions. But I was also referring to all of ea games. Not just elite but i guess thats not fair to do so cause they are different developers

# 160 RayDog253 @ 09/05/10 03:51 AM
A couple things I liked in this video.

The ball handling again, Great.... (the in-n-out and then behind the back while moving left for instance)

Some of the two handed dunk animations look smoother....

They way the players pivot was cool....

I liked the way the contact effected Paul's jumpshot (you see this in the highlights in the end) 'RTP'. He did still make the shot though, and maybe their should of been a foul???

Only watched it Once, so maybe I'll see more later.....

EDIT: Forgot one, The speed difference. You can really see this on a turn over where Okafor has the ball then passes it to Paul who just takes off....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.