Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog, which details Live Tuning Pack 4.

Quote:
"This update contains a small change for In Season Progression as the last tuner pack didn't have the impact we expected for everyone. Basically some Dynasties were not seeing the amount of progression we would of liked, this should be resolved with LTP4.

What is In Season Progression?

- During the season some of your players on your team will get small gains to some of their ratings
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen in the form of +1 (or another number) next to a player rating
- Will NOT affect every player, only some will Progress
- On average only a few players per team will see a +1 in Overall (OVR) gain over the course of a full season
- Will work when Siming, you do not need to play every game for it to occur
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR, for example Awareness (AWR) is a rating that normally sees a jump"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeskCoder @ 09/17/10 12:16 PM
SWEET ... I was not seeing any for my team, and only a few +1 on awareness for players on teams like Alabama.

# 2 Starter @ 09/17/10 12:54 PM
I'm liking the live tuner packs.

# 3 PocketScout @ 09/17/10 01:19 PM
Im ready for this thing to drop so I can start looking it over

# 4 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/17/10 01:22 PM
Please tune the defense as well. Pass defense isn't good enough.

# 5 65South @ 09/17/10 01:25 PM
I was wondering about this because I went through rosters and saw a few guys on hot streaks, but no player progression anywhere. I'm really digging these tuner packs. This is what I had envisioned last year with Madden when they promoted their server side updates.

When does this go live?

# 6 gamemaster-2005 @ 09/17/10 01:27 PM
was new tuning patch released today or is he just saying what all was fixed and new one will be released soon?

# 7 green94 @ 09/17/10 01:30 PM
Agree with Lakers... Pass rush on Heisman is non exsistant.... The rest of the game is awesome.

# 8 okstatefosho @ 09/17/10 01:34 PM
Under the blog over at EA there's an announcement that says it drops today.

# 9 wnnf13 @ 09/17/10 01:39 PM
yep, looks like today:

A quick update for you NCAA Fans, a new Live Tuning Pack (LTP4) will be released today (Friday, 9/17).

On the right side of EA blog.

# 10 NINJAK2 @ 09/17/10 01:44 PM
Would someone be kind enough to post the tuner here for us without online (xbox360)currently when it does come out?

# 11 LambertandHam @ 09/17/10 01:45 PM
This is becoming an every couple week occurrence now. Thankfully you don't have to restart for a tuning pack to take effect

# 12 fistofrage @ 09/17/10 01:52 PM
Now can you please tune the AI FG attempts on Heisman. Waaay to many 60+ yard attempts. Tie it into the FG power slider.

Also, please tune the AI to be more effective at returning kicks.

# 13 imalive1459 @ 09/17/10 02:26 PM
How bout fixing the AI's tendency to punt the ball EXTREMELY out of bounds. A little tuning for QB acccuracy(To get the good QB's to throw a off mark pass once in a while, you have to drop the slider enough to make lower QB's throw all over the place) and maybe better zone interaction(since you can't have the defense react to the QB's eyes, maybe they could position themselves a bit closer based on the routes).

BTW, I would like to ask Russ about his thoughts on a more comprehensive set of sliders(giving the ability to fine tune general gameplay and maybe even slider sets for each position including threshhold sliders for things like tackling and break tackle) to appeal to the SIM crowd. It would give the designers a chance to focus on other facets of the game. Probably something for NCAA 12 since another big patch is unlikely.

# 14 RDTII @ 09/17/10 02:47 PM
It's out. Was just prompted about 5 mins ago.

# 15 BadAssHskr @ 09/17/10 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Please tune the defense as well. Pass defense isn't good enough.
did you actually see what was included in the tuner that was released today?

i'm sure they'll go back and fix that for you.

# 16 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/17/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
did you actually see what was included in the tuner that was released today?

i'm sure they'll go back and fix that for you.

Yes, it's only dynasty stuff unfortunately. It's not about fixing something for me specifically, it's about putting your best foot forward and addressing an issue that the sim community is talking about. As is you can just lob passes up and get lucky, defenders don't respond, WRs grab balls despite being blanketed, etc. It's a big issue that's worth putting out there if they're listening.

# 17 the veteran @ 09/17/10 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Yes, it's only dynasty stuff unfortunately. It's not about fixing something for me specifically, it's about putting your best foot forward and addressing an issue that the sim community is talking about. As is you can just lob passes up and get lucky, defenders don't respond, WRs grab balls despite being blanketed, etc. It's a big issue that's worth putting out there if they're listening.

Learn to click on your defenders to swat/intercept and stop complaining about a non issue. Thanks to the NCAA development team for continuing support of their product.

# 18 lendog691 @ 09/17/10 05:41 PM
One thing i see that definitely needs to be tunes is the high occurrence of fumbles, there is just way to many. Next year a slider would be nice to fix this issue, just like Madden has done.

# 19 T3B0W @ 09/17/10 05:53 PM
Will this take effect and apply to existing off-line dynasties?

# 20 blazer003 @ 09/17/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
One thing i see that definitely needs to be tunes is the high occurrence of fumbles, there is just way to many. Next year a slider would be nice to fix this issue, just like Madden has done.
I don't get this. I hardly see any fumbles, yet everyone keeps talking about them.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.