Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

As always, many thanks to Da_czar!

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Whomario @ 10/12/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
How new are total control passing and icon lead passing actually ?
Lead passing and offball controls where already in 2k9.
yeah well, there really wasn´t much need to use them though.

# 22 RedmanR @ 10/12/10 02:18 PM
I honestly feel ALL strategy and tutorial based videos should be stickied for easy access.

This should help those who are constantly complaining.

Another job well done Czar

# 23 Chairman7w @ 10/12/10 02:21 PM
I agree - best video yet!! Thank you Czar - GREAT stuff here for all those that were having issues. Just goes to show how much more realistic this game is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
By far the best video Da czar has made. I found it very informative and shows that my Knicks defense blows. LOL

Good job

# 24 The Fight @ 10/12/10 02:37 PM
I appreciate Czar coming out and showing these videos BUT as someone who lives on HOF, I have to wonder who exactly is complaining about these things. For as long as I can remember, 2K games have always been about adjustments. To me, Playing on Pro and Rookie never FORCED someone to make realistic adjustments, just minor shifts in the way people use exploits.

I bring this up because I know four people who returned or sold the game because it was "too hard" already. These videos serve a real purpose to those people who are truly into ball, but I really don't think that it's going to help out the people who are looking for a quick fix (or really an exploit).

What I would like to see next: a guide on how to stop Drexler from dropping 20+ in the jordan challenge on HOF, (i got lucky with Nique, he scored 24).

# 25 ZoneBlitz @ 10/12/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I honestly feel ALL strategy and tutorial based videos should be stickied for easy access.

This should help those who are constantly complaining.

Another job well done Czar
Yeah, let's stick these videos.

# 26 erickonasis @ 10/12/10 03:00 PM
THANK YOU!....Noobs are somewhat frustrating making thread after thread just because they dont know HOW to pass saying its broke. Passing is the EASIEST thing to do in this game

# 27 Isura @ 10/12/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
it seems that with the right stick passing the game actually helps determine what pass is best. With it I've seen a few bounce passes on the break, wrap around passes in the paint and lead icon passing on the perimeter. Does anyone else see this?
I've noticed this too and I really like it. I didn't even realize right stick passing existed in 2k games until a few days ago!

# 28 TombSong @ 10/12/10 03:15 PM
These types of videos are VERY helpful. Showing the basics of how things work can go a long way into helping people enjoy the game more.

Good work Czar.

# 29 Armor and Sword @ 10/12/10 03:20 PM
Outstanding stuff Czar keep them coming!

# 30 btrapp @ 10/12/10 03:30 PM
I guarantee you that if players actually had control over the type of pass they wanted to throw you would see a lot less complaints. Also, your ai teammates should naturally know when to come to the ball. In real life guys don't stand there looking like morons when you pass them the ball. They create space and go get it. Once you get the hang of it, 2k's passing game works well and isn't hard to use at all, but it seems a little tedious to have to icon passing for basic ball movement.

# 31 2k4Life @ 10/12/10 03:31 PM
My man... thanks for posting the video and the previous ones too!

# 32 oo7Soxs @ 10/12/10 05:13 PM
That was awesome! Especially with the real game footage at the end. One thing I love about this game is that sometimes it baits you into making bad passes. I What I mean by that is that on the break the CPU might play off a defender and make it look like he is open and only jump the pass when you make it. It could be what some call "psychic" defenders but to me that is just basketball.

# 33 BADOW757 @ 10/12/10 06:08 PM
Off topic but what camera settings were in use for this video? I switched over from Live to 2K this year and I'm still trying to get a hang of the game. I really like that look instead of the side view.

# 34 Rocboyz101 @ 10/12/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
THANK YOU!....Noobs are somewhat frustrating making thread after thread just because they dont know HOW to pass saying its broke. Passing is the EASIEST thing to do in this game
lol too far..

# 35 ohyeah33 @ 10/12/10 07:27 PM
Nice video. I can see why I haven't had problems passing because I know how to close the gap. Basketball 101.

# 36 HarryDickman @ 10/12/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fight

What I would like to see next: a guide on how to stop Drexler from dropping 20+ in the jordan challenge on HOF, (i got lucky with Nique, he scored 24).
I find that when playing on hall of fame the cpu damn near never misses any shot. thats why i lowered it to superstar/sim and put the off. and def. awareness sliders on 100 for both the cpu and the user. game plays great now IMO

# 37 aloncho11 @ 10/12/10 09:13 PM
Nice

# 38 braveseddie @ 10/12/10 09:28 PM
Thanks Czar, these vids are fantastic! Thanks for the help

# 39 teddyballgame78 @ 10/12/10 11:59 PM
Thank you!

# 40 DYNAMICS @ 10/13/10 03:07 AM
Good stuff, props.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.