Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

That's right 3D Madden 11.

Quote:
"Thanks to the ongoing partnership between EA Sports and Doritos, gamers can head to stores and pickup specially branded "Madden" 3D bags of chips. Each bag has a unique code that consumers can input on the site Doritoschangethegame.com. Once the code is entered and the gaming platform is selected (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3), the system generates a Doritos 3D code that unlocks the mode in "Madden 11."

The special bags of Doritos hit stores the week of October 25, and exclusive "Madden" 3D glasses will be inserted inside ESPN The Magazine when the latest issue arrives in stores November 5 (although any pair of traditional 3D glasses with red and blue lens will work to view the game in 3D)."

Source - ESPN The Gamer

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bonannogiovanni @ 10/25/10 12:51 PM
Ea did something similar with Skate II a couple of years ago, a code would unlock red and blu components of the image, in the end you're gonna see the scene in 3d, but almost in black and white.

# 2 huskerwr38 @ 10/25/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
I think I figured out why this seemed so odd to me.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-...den-15457.html

Hmmmmmmmm.
It's actually kind of like that with most real sports because the broadcast camera is so high that it takes away that depth perception. But once the camera view is zoomed in closer to it's near field level, it looks pretty amazing. So it's just not Madden per se.

# 3 statum71 @ 10/25/10 02:18 PM
Not really into 3D. But this is pretty cool though.

# 4 canes21 @ 10/25/10 03:39 PM
I am glad EA is not marketing this to ****. Maybe they are taking strides in the right direction. I am interested in trying this actually.

# 5 Gordy748 @ 10/25/10 04:38 PM
Just bought NHL11 at lunchtime. I have no idea what I'm doing... but fact is that the NHL game is way smoother and more realistic than madden is. Fact.

Making Madden 3D won't help the fact that other EA games are simply better. And sticking offers in Doritos chips won't stop the people across the rest of the planet that bought Madden from wondering why we're being left out in the cold.

Good one, EA.

# 6 Clarke_311 @ 10/25/10 06:09 PM
I know I might be in the minority, but I don't really like this whole 3D TV/video game thing that's going on now. I like watching TV/playing video games normally, so I won't be picking this up.

# 7 TreFacTor @ 10/25/10 06:13 PM
For people that need glasses to play games (myself included)...3D isn't an option so I can surely say that it's completely useless for me and about 35% of the nation.

# 8 ianlast @ 10/25/10 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
For people that need glasses to play games (myself included)...3D isn't an option so I can surely say that it's completely useless for me and about 35% of the nation.
Haha, never even thought about this.

Meh, not a big deal. Until the technology improves, the whole 3-D thing is a gimmick IMO.

# 9 RLo26 @ 10/25/10 06:34 PM
Sounds like another gimmick frm EA unless they have a code to unlock a improved franchise mode " We don't believe you"

# 10 TajDeni @ 10/25/10 06:38 PM
it did however provide 1 positive thing that "should" be a staple in every EA sports game going forward.

the ability to watch other online user matches...whether it happens in actual real-time or as a playback feature, i hope this feature finds its way into games line NCAA12.

Not alone but that would really enhance the Online Dynasty Experience for me...if your in a really strong league, i can imagine guys now pour over game film to scout their next opponent

# 11 Blitzburgh @ 10/25/10 09:00 PM
I am actually excited about the whole 3D thing but will be more excited once we don't have to wear the glasses. When will we get to try this out?

# 12 harnalien @ 10/25/10 10:25 PM
All right! Finally some gameplay fixes!

# 13 alifeincomplete @ 10/25/10 11:06 PM
I think this is ridiculous, but I threw on a pair of red and green 3D glasses that came with my copy of My Bloody Valentine 3D, and I have to say it does look kind of neat in those screenshots. That said, it'd probably make me throw up to play an entire game like this.

# 14 die2cry @ 10/26/10 02:04 AM
hey guys, what's with all the people who are not from the usa?
which can then probably not play madden 3d? if you have something does, then you should also madden players from all over the world can share in it!

# 15 Blitzburgh @ 10/26/10 11:00 AM
How does this work on a regular HDTV? I'm confused as to why they are making TV's in 3D now if this works on a regular TV with glasses? anyone?

# 16 bonannogiovanni @ 10/26/10 11:16 AM
This is the old 3D technology based on anaglyph images (red and blue filters) which any TV can display, while modern 3D TVs are based on polarization of light.

# 17 TomBrady @ 10/26/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by die2cry
hey guys, what's with all the people who are not from the usa?
which can then probably not play madden 3d? if you have something does, then you should also madden players from all over the world can share in it!
Agreed

""Message is to short""

# 18 TDKing @ 10/26/10 11:59 AM
Sorry, still not buyng the game this year.

# 19 Blitzburgh @ 10/26/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
This is the old 3D technology based on anaglyph images (red and blue filters) which any TV can display, while modern 3D TVs are based on polarization of light.

Thank you sir....

# 20 falconfansince81 @ 10/26/10 03:14 PM
well for me this update ranks somewhere between MUT and superstar mode, kinda hoping they would be working on m12's franchise mode or fixes for m11.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.