Home
NHL 11 News Post

Alain Quinto states...

... barring any issues from 1st party, we should expect the NHL 11 patch on November 9th. Expect a blog later this week from Nate Ng.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NCAAFBall00 @ 11/03/10 01:36 PM
A big thing for the patch i hope is fixing the bug in the WHL with Sasktoon as well as other teams, being able to trade and it not being so hard to trade if that as well as FA singing with CHL teams... I could understand if they were <-20 but NHL players signing with CHL teams come on...

# 22 bonannogiovanni @ 11/03/10 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Doesn't mean they can't adjust it to make it look more realistic and like a real broadcast. All they need to do is lower the camera and zoom it out quite a bit. It will then look something like the 2k broadcast camera, which is very nice! I would love to see what how authentic this game could look like with the proper broadcast angle.
I would like to believe you but that's wishful thinking. There's no way to edit a cam via patch.

# 23 jaiman @ 11/03/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I would like to believe you but that's wishful thinking. There's no way to edit a cam via patch.
How do you figure? Didn't Madden add a broadcast cam via patch last year? I'm pretty sure Backbreaker made some adjustments to their camera, also through a patch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

# 24 bonannogiovanni @ 11/03/10 02:13 PM
You're right, but it's different code, Redshirt himself said they cannot touch Broadcast cam via patch.

# 25 jaiman @ 11/03/10 02:42 PM
No, he said they wouldn't be able to add in the custom camera option to broadcast - which is fine for this year. When I asked him about them patching the broadcast camera to make it look more realistic (no custom option), he never responded. Avoiding me like the plague

# 26 Schmackity @ 11/03/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Same, I'm about to start a season but don't want to if the patch will make changes that would require me to start over...
General changes such as trade logic and everything else that they'll most likely fix will not require a restart of your season. Since it is in the engine/coding of the game that they are fixing, it's nothing like a direct file such as rosters or ratings. You can start a season and download a patch and have it immediately take effect in your season.

# 27 Dazraz @ 11/03/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkk1974
Redshirt (EA) confirmed earlier in another thread that there will be no option to customize the Broadcastcam. Maybe next year he stated .
I must have missed that. Thanks for the info. Hopefully next year then.

# 28 Money99 @ 11/03/10 03:10 PM
I hope this patch fixes some of the offline issues.
I don't want to rag, but the NHL series is quickly becoming an online only series.

# 29 scitychamps87 @ 11/03/10 04:22 PM
what about the stanley cup patches on the jerseys, playoff beards, and championship hats? i'm referring to the toews and kings vs canucks screenshots. i want the beards! THEY ARE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 30 ballgameronny @ 11/03/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
General changes such as trade logic and everything else that they'll most likely fix will not require a restart of your season. Since it is in the engine/coding of the game that they are fixing, it's nothing like a direct file such as rosters or ratings. You can start a season and download a patch and have it immediately take effect in your season.
Good news, I was trying to think about it. I know in Madden and NCAA one didn't need to restart, I was hoping NHL followed suite.

# 31 savoie2006 @ 11/03/10 05:14 PM
Don't imagine we will see anything added to the game with the patch. There are more pressing issues at hand that hopefully are properly fixed. It would be silly for EA to add something more to the game, when it doesn't work right as it is.

# 32 bonannogiovanni @ 11/03/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
No, he said they wouldn't be able to add in the custom camera option to broadcast - which is fine for this year. When I asked him about them patching the broadcast camera to make it look more realistic (no custom option), he never responded. Avoiding me like the plague
That's the way it is, we've asked NCAA developer about BC in NCAA 11, they never answered before game release.

# 33 jaiman @ 11/03/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
That's the way it is, we've asked NCAA developer about BC in NCAA 11, they never answered before game release.
I'm sure they have more important things to do than answer a silly BC question. If it can't get patched, hopefully it is on their priority list for next year...

# 34 CapnKill @ 11/03/10 05:58 PM
All I want is Auto Back Skate OFF for on-line!

A nice touch would be for anyone that cheated on their on-line pro to also be reverted back to nothing or permanently banned from the servers.

# 35 Double-J @ 11/03/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
Many thanks sir.

# 36 tabulaRasa @ 11/04/10 07:13 AM
FIx the insane pokecheck effectivness in traffic itīs absurd. Also, focus more on setting up plays and passing game than individual effectivness, like crazy pokechks and absurd dekemoves.

# 37 Viktor von Vikingkil @ 11/04/10 10:16 AM
At this point I just want good enough rosters and major bug fixes soon enough to start my Be A GM by February.

# 38 PhillsPhan26 @ 11/04/10 11:44 AM
Does anyone happen to know if it was sent out to Microsoft and Sony?

# 39 savoie2006 @ 11/04/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillsPhan26
Does anyone happen to know if it was sent out to Microsoft and Sony?
Well if it's planned for a Nov. 9 release, I would venture to say it is.

# 40 sroz39 @ 11/04/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well if it's planned for a Nov. 9 release, I would venture to say it is.
Somewhere in here, Redshirt mentioned that the cert process takes up to four weeks, IIRC. So I imagine it's been out of EA's hands for awhile now and the only hold up or snag in it being released by next week would be a first party problem i.e. Sony or MS.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.